Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S8E07) -- "Time after Time" -- 12/3/17

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-17, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Walking Dead (S8E07) -- "Time after Time" -- 12/3/17

On the all-new episode, "Time for After," Negan has to enlist the help of his lieutenants in solving a huge issue facing the Sanctuary. Rick and the group continue to enact the plan.

Episode 7 of 16
Old 12-03-17, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S8E07) -- "Time after Time" -- 12/3/17

I know you’ve been a little distracted lately ...

... but while you are watching tonight’s episode, quit dragging your feet and send in your Sheep answers! https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/64...heep-game.html

We are at 10 Sheep and reveals will start tomorrow.
Old 12-03-17, 09:23 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

The whole scene with Rick and getting the Trash people on his side? Really?

I thought the Eugene/Dwight stuff was good though.
Old 12-03-17, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

All the stuff with Rick and Bangs the last 2 weeks was incredibly stupid. Nothing but a stall tactic on the writers' part. Can't believe they want us to think that Rick could ever trust her after all the shit she's done to him. And the only thing more annoying than the way she speaks is the way Eugene speaks. Sure hope he dies soon.
Old 12-03-17, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Regarding the upcoming episode next week:

Spoiler:
Spoiling Dead Fans has predicted:

Spoiler:
Carl

The cast member in question hasn't been seen on the set they filmed the midseason finale.

So brace yourselves or rejoice, depending how you feel about the character.

Also, anyone notice the walker Rick killed that looked like the skin on its face was missing? Hmmm...
Old 12-03-17, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

So what was the whole point to the garbage pail kids?
Lock Rick up, release a walker on him to toy with him? He turns the tables and threatens to kill Trashy McBangs, she gives in and NOW everyone is nicey nice? What the hell changed? Why would Rick trust that that was the end of it and wouldn't lock him up again? WTF?

And Eugene's supposed to be smart and good at assessing situations and risk/reward. Why not follow what Dwight said and just sit tight? Let shit go down and if the Saviours win, Eugene's good... if Rick wins - they're not going to kill him - he was a hostage. Eugene survives whatever the outcome.

Last edited by Coral; 12-04-17 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-04-17, 06:33 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
So what was the whole point to the garbage pail kids?
Lock Rick up, release a walker on him to toy with him? He turns the tables and threatens to kill Trashy McBangs, she gives in and NOW everyone is nicey nice? What the hell changed? Why would Rick trust that that was the end of it and wouldn't lock him up again? WTF?

And Eugene's supposed to be smart and good at assessing situations and risk/reward. Why not follow what Dwight said and just sit tight? Let shit go down and if the Saviours win, Eugene's good... if Rick wins - they're not going to him - he was a hostage. Eugene survives whatever the outcome.
I honestly don't think the writers look that deeply into the characters' psyche. They just write episodes at a fast pace just to knock them out.
Old 12-04-17, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god.... season sucks...
Old 12-04-17, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I like Eugene as a character, but after last night realize a little definitely goes a long way.

And the Saviors/war thing...just enough already. Time to wrap it up. Or at least find some new angles.
Old 12-04-17, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Have to admire Rick. He's so confident he's going to win the trash people over he doesn't even set up a rescue team if he doesn't come back out. And then after he wins them over, he's so trusting he just walks ahead of them with his back exposed.

And I feel for anyone watching the Eugene scenes where English is not their first language. Because I lived in Ohio most my life and I need Eugene-to-English subtitles.
Old 12-04-17, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Wasn't there a time on the show where Eugene talked a bit more normal than he does now? I feel like they've dialed up his autism/Asperger's to an 11.

I'd love to hear a conversation between Eugene and Sean Murphy from ABC's The Good Doctor.
Old 12-04-17, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I really have nothing to say about this one.

It just felt like an episode where the writer's room thought....."Shit, we need 45 more minutes to stall before the big mid-season finale"

Rick sits around locked up stripped down to his boxers and desperately tries to convince Jadis and her trash people to help. Even though she already betrayed him once. Agree, why would he trust that bitch? The whole thing with her toying with him was so stupid.

and then the rest was all from Eugene's perspective.

and then they add a quick little Walker attack at Negan's compound.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 12-04-17, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

This was far from the worst episode this season. There I said something nice about the show.

This is the first time since the show started IDGAF about the mid season finale being here. Im not even curious or anxious about when it comes back. I think I am over this show...
Old 12-04-17, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I really have nothing to say about this one.

It just felt like an episode where the writer's room thought....."Shit, we need 45 more minutes to stall before the big mid-season finale"

Rick sits around locked up stripped down to his boxers and desperately tries to convince Jadis and her trash people to help. Even though she already betrayed him once. Agree, why would he trust that bitch? The whole thing with her toying with him was so stupid.

and then the rest was all from Eugene's perspective.

and then they add a quick little Walker attack at Negan's compound.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
What's sad is that to read those developments that sounds like a fairly eventful episode. But somehow they have managed to make the whole less than the sum of the parts. I think it has to do with how inconsequential the story has become.

How has the story progressed in the past SEVEN episodes? I'm not saying zero, but what has actually changed since the season premier? A bunch of red shirts died, but that's about it. Everything has gone in a big, slow moving circle. And it sure looks to be shaping up for eight more episodes of the same in the spring.

So a bunch of stuff happens, but since there are no consequences for actions any more the stakes are nil so there is no investment in the outcome for the viewer. I'm sure they will throw something in there for the mid-season finale...I mean they announced as much ahead of time which is a tacit admission that they know the natives are getting restless.
Old 12-04-17, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I'm 5 episodes behind and, quite honestly, not sure when I'll get thru them. This show has hit stupidity levels only seen on Jackass or Beavis & Butthead. How does AMC not understand that the writers are shit?
Old 12-04-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
I'm 5 episodes behind and, quite honestly, not sure when I'll get thru them. This show has hit stupidity levels only seen on Jackass or Beavis & Butthead. How does AMC not understand that the writers are shit?
I'm starting to agree with someone who said in another thread that this show might be much better through binging. I still enjoy the show in general (unlike the unintentional comedy that is FTWD). That way the incredibly slow pacing would be far less annoying.

But I'll tell you one thing, the show needs to start falling out of love with itself and most of their central cast of characters. Otherwise just drop any pretense of being a serial and go full on procedural, at which point I can stop watching.
Old 12-04-17, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Wish this show had the balls to let Negan win and wipe out all the annoying "heroes." Not like Negan and company aren't annoying as well but I really can't stand any of the main cast at this point. Rick should've died about 150 times by now. Michonne still can't act. Ditto Tara, and I'm sorry but she keeps getting fatter and uglier by the episode. This show simply has too many characters and thinks they're all these highly memorable amazing people when in reality it's just an overpopulated bunch of annoying fucks running in circles.
Old 12-04-17, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

1. The preview for the end credits is an exact example of what has been wrong with the show under current direction. I should want to watch the mid-season finale to see the story progress, not because they are advertising "something shocking happening", which elates to nothing more than those finale ratings they love.

2. My guess for the midseason finale:
Spoiler:
Either the Whisperers or New World Order appear. Both have been teased via the zombie missing skin and the helicopter.
Someone will also most likely get killed off and it will probably be one of those characters that was killed of in the comic during All Out War.

3. Did anyone catch this commentfrom Eugene?

I live 1 minute from Wilkes-Barre. The comment was an inside joke that 99.9% of the audience probably didn't get, unless you live in NEPA, so why have it there? Wilkes-Barre is now a cesspool of drugs and crime, somewhere you don't want to go into, ala the walker reference.
Old 12-04-17, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rennervision
Have to admire Rick. He's so confident he's going to win the trash people over he doesn't even set up a rescue team if he doesn't come back out. And then after he wins them over, he's so trusting he just walks ahead of them with his back exposed.

And I feel for anyone watching the Eugene scenes where English is not their first language. Because I lived in Ohio most my life and I need Eugene-to-English subtitles.
Actually, Daryl was supposed to come get him if he didn't come back. Daryl got all caught up in his new truck plan. He either didn't remember, or it wasn't time yet.
Old 12-05-17, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
2. My guess for the midseason finale:
Spoiler:
Either the Whisperers or New World Order appear. Both have been teased via the zombie missing skin and the helicopter.
Someone will also most likely get killed off and it will probably be one of those characters that was killed of in the comic during All Out War.
As for your guesses, yeah, I think the first one is being set up. The second one hasn't even been formally introduced in the comics yet, but it certainly seems that way. If the Negan situation gets resolved by season's end as many suspect, then season nine could be about "W" and season ten could cover the other one. But considering how slowly the comics move, the tv show could catch up with them if they keep it going much past ten seasons and it becomes a Game of Thrones situation.
Old 12-05-17, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I live 1 minute from Wilkes-Barre. The comment was an inside joke that 99.9% of the audience probably didn't get, unless you live in NEPA, so why have it there? Wilkes-Barre is now a cesspool of drugs and crime, somewhere you don't want to go into, ala the walker reference.
I was wondering WTH that was about. I've driven thru that area a couple dozen times and had no idea what he was indicating with that comment. I even googled it while the show was going to see if there was an infamous incident there or something..
Old 12-05-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to defend this episode or season but when I heard that comment I just thought it characterized him as a yinzer
Old 12-05-17, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cleaver
I don't want to defend this episode or season but when I heard that comment I just thought it characterized him as a yinzer
Eugene is from the south I believe, though I would suspect that people from western PA have no idea how bad W-B is unless that have been here recently. A very strange reference on a prime time TV show.
Old 12-05-17, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jpcamb
I was wondering WTH that was about. I've driven thru that area a couple dozen times and had no idea what he was indicating with that comment. I even googled it while the show was going to see if there was an infamous incident there or something..
Most criminals from NY. NJ, and Philly go to WB to hideout when they are on the run. Between crime and drugs the area is terrible anymore.
Old 12-05-17, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
As for your guesses, yeah, I think the first one is being set up. The second one hasn't even been formally introduced in the comics yet, but it certainly seems that way. If the Negan situation gets resolved by season's end as many suspect, then season nine could be about "W" and season ten could cover the other one. But considering how slowly the comics move, the tv show could catch up with them if they keep it going much past ten seasons and it becomes a Game of Thrones situation.
I had thought they mentioned they could see the show moving past the comics, which could be an interesting turn for both.

Who am I kidding though. Probably just the death of a minor character. I had Rosita, Tara, and Morgan as the highest probability of biting it since the war began but it seems one of those is automatically safe. The other two are just a matter of time I think.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.