Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warehouse 13 DVD v BR?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warehouse 13 DVD v BR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-17, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Warehouse 13 DVD v BR?

I just received WH13 as a gift from someone from Amazon. I noticed the region free BR version is not that much more expensive. Is it really worth going through the time/hassle/expense of upgrading? I'm mainly interested in what features may be missing on the DVD compared to the BR set. I've tried looking around but haven't been able to find a comparison yet... or everything something that lists the features of the BR set.

TIA
Old 11-12-17, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13 DVD v BR?

It's been a while since we got WH13, but if memory serves it wasn't worth the upgrade price. I don't believe the BR set had anything that stands out in my memory.
Old 11-13-17, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

(More generally).

These days I avoid buying too many tv season sets on bluray. Now I'll only buy tv bluray season sets if it is a show I'm willing to devote my full attention to watching the show from start to finish.

If I don't think I'll watch a particular show again anytime soon, I won't bother with buying the dvd/bluray sets. If I'm interested in revisiting a show at future date, it may very well be easier to just watch it on streaming.

One case which epitomizes this for me, is the current show The Blacklist. I have the first two seasons on bluray, which today I still find quite watchable. In contrast, I found seasons 3 and 4 kinda lousy. If I feel the urge to revisit seasons 3-5 at a future date, most likely I'll watch it again via streaming. (So far I find season 5 kinda lousy too).
Old 11-13-17, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

There was a release of the complete series of Warehouse 13 on DVD a few years back with all of the original music. Then recently they released a new DVD set and a BD set that both have music changes in them for some songs.