Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

Hallmark channel to launch new streaming service (Hallmark Movies Now)

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Old 07-31-17, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts

http://cordcuttersnews.com/hallmark-...aming-service/

It looks like Hallmark Channel is not only launching a new channel called Hallmark Drama this year, but it is also launching a new streaming service.

The Hallmark Movie Channel announced this week the launch of a subscription on-demand streaming service called Hallmark Movies Now.

The new Hallmark Movies Now service will be available on iOS, Android, Roku, and Fire TV players among other devices. The service will cost $5.99 a month or $59.99 a year and offer over 800 hours of family-friendly content not available on the current Hallmark channels.

Hallmark also announced plans to create a new publishing division that will develop new original content and novelizations of previously aired Hallmark movies for those who want to read the stories.

These moves raise questions about the future of the Feeln service, which is owned by Hallmark and offers Hallmark-owned movies and movies licensed from others. This new Hallmark Movies Now service sounds a lot like Feeln. Is Hallmark Movies Now just Feeln rebranded?

Even the monthly price is the same at $5.99 a month, but the yearly price is a big jump. You can now get a year of Feeln for just $35.99.

Currently if you want to watch the Hallmark channels live your options are Sling TV or DIRECTV NOW for access to both the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movie Channel.
Old 07-31-17, 11:30 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Re: Hallmark channel to launch new streaming service (Hallmark Movies Now)

According to the official press release, it's coming on October 3rd.

http://awsprxdam.crownmediadev.com.s...es/2194964.pdf

I'd be surprised if they're just changing the name of Feeln to Hallmark Movies Now. Feeln just carries a handful of Hallmark movies. They're not really a Hallmark movie service.

I'm hoping this will be a full-on Hallmark streaming service, with their recent movies and TV shows. I'd be all over that.

But I noticed this in the press release:

Launching October 3, the SVOD service – a wholly distinct offering from Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries – will be available on iOS, Android, Roku and Amazon Fire, among other devices. In addition, Crown Media’s MVPD partners will have the opportunity to offer Hallmark Movies Now as a supplementary subscription service to their customers. The announcement was made today as part of Crown Media Family Networks’ biannual TV Critics Association Press Tour.

For $5.99 a month or $59.99 a year, subscribers to the service will have access to between 800 and 1,000 hours of family friendly content not available on Crown Media’s linear channels, with newly refreshed offerings every week.
Do they mean that the streaming content will be totally different from the Hallmark Channel movies? Or that they'll only stream movies that aren't currently scheduled to air on TV?
Old 07-31-17, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

So it's only available to cable subscribers, am I reading that right?
Old 07-31-17, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So it's only available to cable subscribers, am I reading that right?
No, it's $5.99 per month standalone.
Old 07-31-17, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would be very interested with this around Christmas and the holiday challenge, they'll do big business with this service. I hope there will be a Playstation app.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 07-31-17 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-08-17, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Its almost the middle of October and I have looked online to see if the Hallmark Streaming network is still going to happen. Anyone know of any new news about it?
Old 10-08-17, 08:20 PM

Last week, I read an article that said the premiere date was October 10th (this Tuesday).

Apparently, this is an overhaul of the Feeln streaming service.

https://www.feeln.com/films/hmn_promo

They say it's more than just a rebranding. But I don't know. I hear the content will be stuff that isn't available on the 3 cable channels. So I'm guessing there won't be any currently airing TV movies or shows. Which doesn't sound much different from Feeln.

Hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see a premium version of the Hallmark Channels with current movies/shows.
Old 10-08-17, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay thanks, I looked at the "Feelin" website before, and didn't really like the selection of movies on there. I'll wait and see, I hope they would have plenty of Christmas movies on there to tie in with Countdown to Christmas coming up.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 10-08-17 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-10-17, 11:38 PM

The switch over to Hallmark Movies Now has started.

They've updated the logo and changed the colors. But everything else looks the same right now. No change in their movie/show library.

They're still using the same URL. HallmarkMoviesNow(dot)com is not active yet.

https://www.feeln.com/
Old 10-11-17, 02:20 AM

The new URL is now active:

https://www.hmnow.com/
Old 11-17-17, 01:30 AM

Hallmark Movies Now is also available through Amazon Channels. It's $5.99/month with a 7-Day Free Trial.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/stor...c10a0fadf954ef
Old 11-17-17, 01:42 AM

I had big hopes for a Hallmark Channel streaming service. Unfortunately, it's just a refurb of the old Feeln' service.

The same movies and TV shows are available. I don't see any newly added Hallmark Channel content. I knew they wouldn't show stuff that's currently on TV. But there are tons of Hallmark movies from the past couple years. Why haven't they added some of those?

The only major change is that they removed the mainstream Hollywood movies. They always had around 50-100 chick flicks like Legally Blonde, Steel Magnolias, Sleepless in Seattle, etc. Those are all gone.

And the other change is the price went up. If I remember correctly, it was $2.99/month or $30/year. So now you're paying more and getting less.
Old 11-17-17, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At this point I think Hallmark is the one of the only channels keeping cable tv alive. I don't have cable, but enjoy their movies on dvd or when they show up on VUDU. I wish this was actually a streaming network of what's on their channels right now, maybe they'll do better in the future.