Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prime Suspect: Tennison (Masterpiece PBS) -- prequel series

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-17, 02:46 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Prime Suspect: Tennison (Masterpiece PBS) -- prequel series

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FpGA9Pobw38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This cinematic three-part drama portrays the early career of one of television's most iconic detectives, Jane Tennison - the role that established Dame Helen Mirren as a household name in the groundbreaking MASTERPIECE series "Prime Suspect." Stefanie Martini stars.

Join young Jane Tennison as she becomes immersed in her first murder investigation.
Old 06-26-17, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Prime Suspect: Tennison (Masterpiece PBS) -- prequel series

Thanks for posting this, dex. My wife and I have watched all available seasons w/Helen Mirren. Hopefully this will be enjoyable. It's not too big a time investment (especially during summer) either way.

Between this, news that we're going to get another season of Luther, and news that the folks behind Sherlock will work on another series, it's been a good month.

Last edited by MikahC; 06-29-17 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-29-17, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I liked the first episode. They've toned down the "all the men are jerks" bit from the first series, and this version of Jane is more likeable than Helen Mirren's.
Old 06-29-17, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

This aired in the UK already and I didnt expect much from it but I ended up really likeing it as it progressed I hope they do a series two
Old 07-13-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I liked this show I hope they do a second series. I was disappointed that Jane acquiesced to the corruption (beating suspects then lying about it) at the station house.
Old 07-13-17, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the other hand, isn't that how most police "corruption" comes about? The vast majority aren't people who are evil and decide to become cops. Rather, they're in a tough job, and eventually the straight and narrow starts to feel like a straightjacket. So just a little bending here, and then a lot of bending there. And then we have to look out for each other. And then...

I haven't watched this yet (I recorded them), but I did just finish watching the Australian show Deep Water. It was also led by a female lead who wanted to be honest, etc. She was all over other people who cut corners, etc. And then she ended up doing some of the exact same things. I'd call that, while not destiny, at least realistic.

Based on the feedback here, I'm looking forward to the show.