TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Condor (Now on EPIX)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-17, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Condor (Now on EPIX)

http://deadline.com/2017/04/condor-w...st-1202068252/

Oscar winner William Hurt (Goliath) and Oscar-nominated Bob Balaban (Gosford Park) are set to star opposite Max Irons and Mira Sorvino in Condor, AT&T Audience Network’s 10-episode straight-to-series drama produced by MGM Television and Skydance TV.

Also joining the cast are series regulars Leem Lubany (Omar, Rock the Kasbah), Kristen Hager (The Kennedys After Camelot, Gotham), and Angel Bonanni (Shots Fired, Absentia); and recurring Christina Moses (The Originals, Containment), Katherine Cunningham (NCIS), Gabriel Hogan (Heartland) and Kristoffer Polaha (Life Unexpected).

Inspired by Sydney Pollack’s 1975 political thriller Three Days of the Condor, and written by Jason Smilovic and Todd Katzberg, Condor follows Joe Turner (Irons), a young CIA analyst whose idealism is tested when he stumbles onto a terrible but brilliant plan that threatens the lives of millions.

Hurt will play Bob Partridge, a decorated field operative, who’s tried to make changes for the better while at the CIA, including recruiting a team of the country’s top young minds to come up with out-of-the-box solutions to some of the United States’ most intractable problems. Balaban is Reuel Abbott, a brilliant and exacting man who has risen to the top tier of CIA management in his 30-year career there. He’s a deeply religious man who relies heavily on faith to juggle the global challenges presented by his job and personal life.

Luban is Gabrielle Joubert, a character based on the iconic Max von Sydow character in the film. Joubert is an elite Special Forces operative whose formidable physical talents are matched by a deep emotional imbalance. Hager will play Mae Barber, an ER doctor, mother of two and wife to a CIA agent who she will soon realize is not the man she thought she knew. Bonanni is Deacon Mailer, a former Special Forces operative who was captured and tortured by terrorists, fueling a hatred for radical Islam and making him the perfect operative for an extralegal CIA assassination program.

Moses will play Sharla Shepard, an FBI agent who’s surprised to find herself detailed to the Joint Terrorism Task Force; Katherine Cunningham (NCIS) is Kathy Hale, a corporate lawyer who’s lonely and dissatisfied with her buttoned-up life, a character based on Faye Dunaway’s character in the film; Hogan will portray Boyd Francis, a Special Forces operative who is part of the Joint Terrorism Taskforce response team. Polaha is Sam Barber, a career Special Forces operative and Joe Turner’s closest friend.

Production is set to begin any day in Toronto and Washington D.C. Larry Trilling directs the first three episodes.

MGM, which is lead studio, produces with Skydance TV. The project was developed in association with Paramount TV, whose sibling film studio produced the feature.

Hurt is represented by ICM Partners. Balaban is with Paradigm. Lubany is repped by Hannah Hodgkinson and Sandy Erickson. Hager is repped by MGMT Entertainment, The Kohner Agency, Hirsch Wallerstein and The Characters Talent Agency. Bonanni is repped by Innovative Artists, Greenlight Management & Production, Stone Genow and ADD Agency in Israel. Moses is repped by Dede Binder, Concept Talent, Eric Nelson at Eric Nelson Management and attorney Ryan Nord. Cunningham is with CESD, Stewart Talent (Chicago) and Liberman Zerman Management. Hogan is repped by Characters Talent Agency and Haven Entertainment. Polaha is repped by Gersh.

This will air on The Audience Network on Directv/AT&T U-Verse.

Good cast. However, I don't think there are many in this forum with Directv/AT&T U-Verse or watches the Audience Network.

Look at the crickets that were chirping in the Kingdom, Rogue and Ice threads.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-23-18 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-13-17, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Condor (Now on EPIX)

Originally Posted by DJariya
Good cast. However, I don't think there are many in this forum with Directv/AT&T U-Verse or watches the Audience Network.

Look at the crickets that were chirping in the Kingdom, Rogue and Ice threads.
I couldn't even make it through the pilot for Ice. I'll give this a shot though.
Old 04-13-17, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

I'll watch this.

Didn't care for the other shows.

Tried Ice but lost onterest fast.
Old 04-15-17, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Hmmm, sounds interesting, and it's 10 episodes? I want to see what they're up to.
Old 02-08-18, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

"Condor," AUDIENCE Network's new conspiracy thriller series produced by MGM Television and Skydance Television, will premiere on Wednesday, June 6 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Based on the novel "Six Days of the Condor" by James Grady and screenplay "Three Days of the Condor" by Lorenzo Semple Jr. and David Rayfiel the series will follow a young CIA analyst who stumbles onto a terrible but brilliant plan that threatens the lives of millions. Teleplay by Jason Smilovic and Todd Katzberg, "Condor" stars Max Irons, William Hurt, Leem Lubany, Angel Bonanni, Kristen Hager, with Mira Sorvino, and Bob Balaban; special guest star Brendan Fraser. Smilovic serves as showrunner and executive producer for the series.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-23-18 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-08-18, 09:37 PM

I really enjoyed the original movie, so when this hits one of my current streaming services I will be sure to give it a shot.
Old 02-08-18, 09:40 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

No.
Old 02-09-18, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Ice was ok, will give the second season a shot. Enjoyed Mr. Mercedes and Loudermilk.

Will check this one out.
Old 02-09-18, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

"Kingdom" was a quality show. I'll give this a shot.
Old 03-28-18, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk God

1st teaser. Coming this June.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ilE2272xqpk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-23-18, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Full 3 minute trailer.

Premieres June 6th at 10pm ET on the Audience Network....only on DirecTV, DirecTV Now and AT&T U-Verse like Mr. Mercedes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BfiYZ7UIWco" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So the audience for this, especially in this forum, will be very limited.

Synopsis:

Joe Turner has always been conflicted about his work for the CIA. But when something he’s discovered gets his entire office killed, leaving Joe as the only survivor and forcing him to go on the run, the theoretical reservations he’s always harbored turn into all-too-real moral dilemmas. Under life or death pressure, Joe will be forced to redefine who he is and what he’s capable of in order to discover who’s behind this far-reaching conspiracy, and stop them from completing their deadly objective that threatens the lives of millions. Inspired by Paramount’s Sydney Pollack 1975 political thriller Three Days of the Condor. Condor stars Max Irons, William Hurt, Leem Lubany, Mira Sorvino, Brendan Fraser, and Bob Balaban.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-23-18 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-06-18, 07:19 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Premieres tonight.
Old 06-08-18, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone watch?

It’s pretty good.

Fraser is really creepy.

I’ve always found it odd when something like this show is said to be based off a movie when the movie is based from a book.

Ok I’ll take the based upon thing back. In the credits it gave mention to both the movie and the book.

Also I think I like the reason for the executions better in the movie.
Didn’t read the book so not sure what the reason was there.

Last edited by whotony; 06-08-18 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-17-18, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I enjoyed the 1st 2 eps. I'm in for the rest of the season.
Old 06-20-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

I watched the 1st 2 episodes last night and they were pretty good. Some intense scenes, especially the attack in the 1st episode.

I didn't realize that Max Irons, the lead, was British until I looked him up on IMDB. He does a good American accent.

I liked the female assassin, who seduced Joe early on and was after him later.

The 3rd episode airs tonight. But, like Mr. Mercedes, this is going to have a very limited audience here being that it's a DirecTV exclusive.

The way that Joe handled his encounter with Kathy in the 2nd episode was poor and creepy. Lay down in bed and let me hold you while I think. She barely knows him after 1 blind date.

BTW, after the episode aired they showed some behind the scenes footage of the new season of Mr. Mercedes and it looks like a certain character who was thought to be "dead" isn't.
Old 06-20-18, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On that accent. My wife and I were talking about that and thought he sounded like a British guy doing a US accent but sounding more like an Australian guy trying to hide an accent.

In the end it comes out like he doing a Keanu as Ted trying not to do the Ted voice.
Old 06-21-18, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

I enjoyed the 3rd episode last night. Some interesting things going on.

At least Joe tried to offer Kathy a rational explanation on what's going on, but I think his paranoid mannerisms made him seem like a sociopath to her.

Guess there is a bigger conspiracy going on now that we know the female assassin is apparently a legitimate government agent.
Old 06-24-18, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like that they arent completely focusing on Joe. He was a a small part of the last ep.
Old 07-27-18, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for a 2nd season: https://deadline.com/2018/07/you-me-...rk-1202434906/
Old 07-27-18, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Good news!
Old 08-02-18, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad it got renewed.

Spoiler:
I was really surprised they killed off the girl. I assumed she was the Faye Dunaway of the story.
Old 08-04-18, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Just watched episode 6 and I too was surprised they killed off:

Spoiler:
Kathy, who appeared to be the female lead. I was starting to like her too.

A pretty good amount of suspense and tension in these 6 episodes so far. Does remind me a little of how 24's 1st season was.
Old 08-17-18, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Season finale aired on Wednesday. I finished the last 2 episodes last night.

Overall, it was pretty entertaining season. This show kind of reminded me of a very early 24.

and wow, they killed off pretty much every woman who was a lead in this show. They even killed off:

Spoiler:
Mira Sorvino as she was revealed to be a mole involved in the conspiracy.

and they even killed off:

Spoiler:

Brendan Fraser who was one of the main villains. But sucks that he took his own life.

The ending for the finale was a little anti-climatic. But it looks like Joubert will continue to be an adversary to Joe. I'll definitely watch season 2 next year.

If you have DirecTV or DirecTV Now, and have the time, this IMO is a worthy binge. And as I said, it does have the action/suspense elements of 24 in it's early days.
Old 08-18-18, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

This was a pretty good show but it might seem like a standard spy story to most. It's mostly predictable but they do kill off a lot of characters.

Spoiler:
Brendan Fraser in particular. I thought his character was wasted. Not sure what they were thinking but his character was so minor when it seemed like they were building him up to be a big bad guy. Also, I'm surprised that Kathy Hale didn't survive. Guess they were going for the shock of her death.

Originally Posted by DJariya

The ending for the finale was a little anti-climatic. But it looks like Joubert will continue to be an adversary to Joe. I'll definitely watch season 2 next year.
I thought it set up season 2 nicely. It's going to be about revenge. I also felt the opposite about Joubert. It looks like she is going to help him get revenge.
Old 08-19-18, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.