Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Game Changers (S34E06) -- "Vote Early, Vote Often" -- 4/5/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-17, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Survivor: Game Changers (S34E06) -- "Vote Early, Vote Often" -- 4/5/17

ONE CASTAWAY IS LEFT FLOATING ON EXILE ISLAND AFTER A TRIBE SWITCH, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5

"Vote Early, Vote Often" - One castaway is left floating on Exile Island after a tribe switch, and the exiled castaway receives a surprise visit, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, April 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"Mana" Tribe "Nuku" Tribe "Tavua" Tribe

Brad Culpepper Aubry Bracco Andrea Boehlke

Sierra Dawn-Thomas Michaela Bradshaw Cirie Fields

Hali Ford Sandra Diaz-Twine Sarah Lacina

Tai Trang Jeff Varner Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth

Debbie Wanner Troyzan Robertson Zeke Smith

Eliminated Castaways

Ciera Eastin (1st Eliminated)
Tony Vlachos (2nd Eliminated)
Caleb Reynolds (3rd Eliminated)
Malcolm Freburg (4th Eliminated)
James "J.T." Thomas (5th Eliminated)
Old 04-05-17, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts
Re: Survivor: Game Changers (S34E06) -- "Vote Early, Vote Often" -- 4/5/17

This season is circling the drain for me, and that makes me sad because I have seen all or some episodes of all but 1 season (blood vs water, and even then I think I saw at least 1 ep of that season). I suspect I am burnt out on returning players and of course I fast forwarded through most of last weeks ep due to Debbie dropping a turd in the punch bowl with her spazzing out (even a little of the spazz was embarrassing to watch, and I say this as someone who has been called a spazz on more than one occasion).

The new player seasons have killed in the past few years, so they need to go back to that format toot sweet. I will even accept new players who are known quantities in the real world, such as Lisa Whelchel, who turned out to be a delight to watch. Sorry about the rant, and I still plan to watch tonight's episode, hopefully with less fast forwarding needed.
Old 04-05-17, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Losers get Debbie! That is even worse than going to tribal.
Old 04-05-17, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie W
I said the same thing. They have to vote someone out and get Debbie in return. Culpepper probably put everything he had into that challenge.
Old 04-05-17, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So was that a whole plan they had with Tai to make Sandra and Varner think they were gonna actually vote out Tai? If it wasn't, I don't understand why Tai didn't play one of his idols.
Old 04-05-17, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I loved the expression on Cochran's face when Debbie was hugging him and wouldn't let go.
Old 04-05-17, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

I get why 4 of the 5 voted Sandra out,I am hoping Ozzy was just going with the majority and realized voting another threat like Sandra out doesn't benefit his game. I think most of these votes are boring because all these tribe shuffles are just leading to 1 group of players getting a majority and just playing it safe/smart and taking out the minority.
Old 04-06-17, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

It's fun when an idol flips a tribal council, but I'm tired of them floating around all the time, especially when the same people keep finding them.
Old 04-06-17, 03:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by windom
So was that a whole plan they had with Tai to make Sandra and Varner think they were gonna actually vote out Tai? If it wasn't, I don't understand why Tai didn't play one of his idols.
Well, Tai did say "I'm not very smart."

At least, that's what the subtitles said. Don't understand why the producers feel they need to subtitle everything he says unless some viewers just have hearing problems. There is the occasional word that might be confusing, but try closing your eyes to see if you understand him. We do without any problem.

We have a theory that Survivor producers are testing the limits to see how many sharks they can jump before viewers will abandon ship. In the span of thirty minutes, we see another buff drop, two idols being found by Tai, "Exile Island" becoming a resort, and a game advantage being handed over...by a returning old favorite of the producers.

It's sort of fun (except for the numerous idols...shades of Russell with his weekly idol tally) but pretty ridiculous. At this point, we're expecting parachuting Berlin Airlift crates coming down (only loaded with creature comforts instead of necessities). Maybe accompanied by a full orchestra coming in on surfboards playing Ride of the Valkyries.

At least they finally jettisoned Sandra, whose manipulating the action was becoming pretty obvious. She was really good at it, though...can see why she was a two-time winner.
Old 04-06-17, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

OMG OMG OMG OMG haven't finished or read the thread they just threw Ozzy's name out NOOOOOOOOOOO I wanted Sandra to stay but not at Ozzy's expense yaaaaargh

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO they voted out The Queen She really grew on me (first time watching). Now I want to go back and watch Heroes vs. Villains, Amazon doesn't carry her other season.

It would have been SO awesome if Tai was voted out, her play was just fantastic. I really think The Queen is a persona she plays and she's really great and down to earth in real life.

I was actually yelling at the screen again this week I'm having so much fun with this season.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 04-06-17 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-06-17, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie W
Probst might as well have just said, "double tribe penalty!" But since they successfully outed Sandra, it worked out as a one for one deal.

The editing probably had a lot of people, inducing my wife and I worried, but the votes made it clear that was the plan all along.

Depsite Tai not being able to keep his mouth shut when it counts, I'm impressed that he not only found both idols, but didn't waste one at that last tribal. Now we'll see if he is able to use one of them to control who goes home when needed.
Old 04-06-17, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

We wondered this too. Had Tai played one of his TWO idols, we wouldn't have questioned it, but for him to whisper Ozzy's name in Sandra's ear then speak it aloud and hear all his teammates say they didn't trust him...and he still didn't play an idol...makes me think it was all a ruse.

I think we'll find out next episode if it starts with no discussion about Tai's loyalty, then it was just a setup for Sandra.
Old 04-06-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO they voted out The Queen She really grew on me (first time watching). Now I want to go back and watch Heroes vs. Villains, Amazon doesn't carry her other season.
You should check it out! Some really crazy stuff went down in that season. And you'll get to see a bunch of the games most popular/hated players. The fact that you like Sandra will help a great deal in your enjoyment (since you already know she goes to the very end). How she got there is a lot of fun (though I remember things getting predictable after the merge)
Old 04-06-17, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
but for him to whisper Ozzy's name in Sandra's ear then speak it aloud and hear all his teammates say they didn't trust him...and he still didn't play an idol...makes me think it was all a ruse.

I think we'll find out next episode if it starts with no discussion about Tai's loyalty, then it was just a setup for Sandra.
Whether they spend time on it again or not, it seems obvious that it was totally a show for Sandra's benefit. Seems like an unnecessary add on to something that was probably already decided at camp, but I guess it did keep her from trying to get people to turn at tribal.
Old 04-06-17, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

At least we don't have to listen to her talk about "the Queen" anymore this season.
Old 04-06-17, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sandra will be wrong about there never being another 2 time winner if the much speculated on "all winners" season ever actually happens.
Old 04-06-17, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Best Exile Island ever. "Hey, can I just stay here for a few more days?"
Old 04-06-17, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sandra will be wrong about there never being another 2 time winner if the much speculated on "all winners" season ever actually happens.
AKA "Surivivor: Hunger Games Edition."
Old 04-06-17, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Happy that Sandra is gone. Now the goats are safe!
Old 04-06-17, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sandra says that someone on her tribe did kill a goat, but not her:

On what happened out there that we did not see on TV:
“I would have to say the whole goat situation, the way it went down. First of all, when we go to this new Nuku tribe, J.T. takes us to this area where there’s a trap already set up to catch the goats before we even stepped foot on that island. And the goats are actually on the other aide of this big rock by where the water well is. So anyway, he starts talking about the goats and saying they can get really close up on these goats. I never said, ‘Go get me a goat or else!’ Because I really took a hit for that one.

“And then we catch the goats. Well, they caught the goats. And we actually kept the goats for overnight and they were like “Baaaaaa…” all night long. And so the mom, she wasn’t eating the food we were giving her. She wasn’t drinking the water. She wasn’t letting the baby nurse. And the baby was tied up too right next to her. J.T. made a rope. And then they were getting tangled around each other or the tree. So then the next day is when we decided, ‘Okay, let’s get rid of them.’ Mind you, I’m not a farmer. I’m not the guy who said, ‘Well, guys, we have to eat the baby first because it’s not nourishing and it will die, and the meat is tender.’ You know, like, ‘The meat is more tender on the baby than the mama so the baby has to go first.’ I’m just repeating everything I’m hearing, and then they just catch me off guard, you know?

“But, I would have to say that the next episode when you got to see us eating these big pieces of meat? That is not fish and that is not chicken. And that’s the last I’m going to say about that. And I didn’t have nothing to do with it because I was at a confessional! I come back to camp and there it is and after I saw that episode I was like, ‘Lord I’m going to take the s— for that one too.’”
http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/06/survivor...changers-goat/
Old 04-06-17, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sandra says that someone on her tribe did kill a goat, but not her:
Has to be JT then. Karma.
Old 04-06-17, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My favorite moment of the episode was when they were all whispering about Ozzy and then Sandra just turns around and points directly at him. I had to rewind that a couple times. Funny shit.
Old 04-06-17, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Probst indicated Cochran flew in for his appearance and right back out. He described his time on the boat:

He was with her for about an hour — 22 minutes of which was spent on the hug.
Old 04-06-17, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It would have been great if Ozzy had been the one sent to exile.
Old 04-08-17, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the twists and constant re-shuffling is actually hurting the game play. You have to think the players seeing this chaos may actually be less likely to make a bold move to set them up for 2-3 votes when it can easily be undone with the next twist. Seems like the best approach is "anyone but me" until the merge.

I missed part of the exile ship segment. Did Debbie get a game advantage or was it just food and talking to Cochoran?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.