Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Nightmares in the Makeup Chair (Robert Englund)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-17, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Robert Englund is back in the Freddy Krueger makeup in the new documentary “NIGHTMARES IN THE MAKEUP CHAIR”. Fans will enter the makeup room and see the entire process as special makeup effects artist Robert Kurtzman transforms Robert Englund into Freddy Krueger once again!

Robert Englund takes fans on an exciting, funny, and emotional journey through his years as Freddy Krueger with stories and anecdotes, all while paying tribute to the legacy of Wes Craven. Join Robert Englund as he meets fans as Freddy, while he is interviewed in full Freddy Makeup by Horror Host Svengoolie (Rich Koz), and as he shares his memories and insights on Freddy Krueger and the Nightmare on Elm Street series.
For the very first time, the complete Freddy Krueger make-up process is documented using multiple high definition cameras which capture every detail of the application process. Director of Photography Nick Meriage says, “We were able to capture the entire Freddy Krueger makeup process with multiple high definition cameras. The makeup itself is a true work of art and the detail of the makeup appliances is stunning in high def”.

http://www.nightmaresinthemakeupchair.com/ (View Trailer)

“NIGHTMARES IN THE MAKEUP CHAIR” will premiere at a Film Festival in 2017 (TBD). Distribution is pending. “NIGHTMARES” producer Mia Kerz promises that the release of the film will include Theatrical Roadshow engagements and a coffee table book detailing every step of the Robert Englund / Robert Kurtzman Freddy Krueger makeup process.
Old 02-01-17, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Nightmares in the Makeup Chair (Robert Englund)

Sounds great...

... now once he's in makeup someone quickly toss him onto a film set and have him make one last Freddy movie.
Old 02-01-17, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
Sounds great...

... now once he's in makeup someone quickly toss him onto a film set and have him make one last Freddy movie.
Nah man, Jackie Earle Haley IS Freddy Krueger.
Old 02-01-17, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts

I like Englund and Freddy Krueger as much as the next guy but I don't need to see a documentary about applying his make-up (in hi-def!!). Freddy's make-up is no different than hundreds of people other make-up effects in movies that take hours to apply.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other aspects though, like Englund meeting fans and talking about his movie making experiences. I'll pass on the make-up nonsense though.
Old 02-01-17, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Sounds like it could be cool to me. I'm not even the biggest fan of Freddy or the Nightmare on Elm Street films but like Englund and classic horror plus documentaries about behind the scenes stuff like this always intrigue me.
Old 02-02-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 479 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I like Englund and Freddy Krueger as much as the next guy but I don't need to see a documentary about applying his make-up (in hi-def!!). Freddy's make-up is no different than hundreds of people other make-up effects in movies that take hours to apply.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other aspects though, like Englund meeting fans and talking about his movie making experiences. I'll pass on the make-up nonsense though.
Yeah, the focus of this "documentary" seems incredibly niche. How much is there to say about the make-up process that's of interest to someone who isn't a make-up artist/aspiring make-up artist? It looks like I got the gist of it in trailer. They glue a few pieces on his face then paint some detail. Fascinating.
Old 02-02-17, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I think it's more to hear his stories throughout the years playing Freddy and meeting fans. It just so happened that they filmed all this in 2014 when he attended a con in full makeup for fans and the first time since FvsJ
Old 02-02-17, 08:30 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Sounds like a Special Features disc from a NOES 2-Disc Special Edition BD.
Old 02-03-17, 09:13 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't think I'd buy it, but I'd watch it once if it was on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I've always thought Englund was an elegant speaker (similar to Wes Craven or Roger Corman) and I've always enjoyed hearing him speak about projects he's obviously passionate about.
Old 02-16-17, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got his autograph. Nicest guy.