DVD Talk
U2 2017 News - The Joshua Tree 30th Tour & Songs Of Experience [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : U2 2017 News - The Joshua Tree 30th Tour & Songs Of Experience

Chrisedge
01-07-17, 10:29 AM
Seems like U2 is gearing up for potentially a short stadium tour celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Joshua Tree (Or the "owe" Live Nation a tour)...Announcement as soon as Monday Jan 9 and tickets on sale next week?

They released a video on Christmas Day...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOzFPR52VHc

Just some of the rumors include the JT30 tour starts May 12 in Vancouver, stops at Rose Bowl and hitting many of the same cities as the last I&E tour, with some additional cities they missed.

Songs of Experience is still planned and maybe out in early fall with an arena tour coming back around before the end of the year...

Would you go see them do Joshua Tree complete, or a show highlighting an album from 30 years ago?

cdollaz
01-07-17, 12:15 PM
I didn't care much for Songs Of Innocence and I thought the setlist for the last tour was weak, so I would check out a Joshua Tree tour since, even though I am tired of many of those songs, hearing Exit, Red Hill Mining Town, Running To Stand Still, and Mothers Of The Disappeared would be cool.

Supermallet
01-07-17, 03:35 PM
I'd be more interested in a Songs of Experience tour, maybe I'll catch the Achtung Baby anniversary show.

But it would be cool to see them do side two of The Joshua Tree in order.

Mabuse
01-07-17, 04:23 PM
Isn't there one song on Joshua Tree that they were never able to do live? Red Hill Mining maybe.

Chrisedge
01-08-17, 10:38 AM
^^ Correct, Red Hill Mining Town was never done live (outside of a soundcheck) and Exit, Trip, Mothers all haven't been played since the original tour in 1987.

Matto1020
01-09-17, 09:33 AM
I am a huge fan of U2, but I was too young to see them during the original Joshua Tree tour (I was five), so I will without a doubt be going to the Chicago show at Soldier Field. Hoping I can get away with General Admission tickets for less than $200 each.

Chrisedge
01-09-17, 10:33 AM
Looks like the ARE playing the album in FULL. Per Ticketmaster/U2.com

GuessWho
01-09-17, 10:37 AM
http://www.atu2.com/says:That means fans will hear "Red Hill Mining Town" live for the first time, as well as rarities like "Mothers Of The Disappeared" (only played 16 times), "One Tree Hill" (only played 44 times) and "Trip Through Your Wires" (only played 86 times, and none since 1987).

GuessWho
01-09-17, 10:38 AM
The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 North America

Fri. May 12: Vancouver, BC at BC Place Stadium
Sun. May 14: Seattle, WA at CenturyLink Field
Wed. May 17: San Francisco, CA at Levi's Stadium
Sat. May 20: Los Angeles, CA at Rose Bowl
Wed. May 24: Houston, TX at NRG Stadium
Fri. May 26: Dallas, TX at AT&T Stadium
Sat. June 3: Chicago, IL at Soldier Field
Wed. June 7: Pittsburgh, PA at Heinz Field
Sun. June 11: Miami, FL at Hard Rock Stadium
Wed. June 14: Tampa, FL at Raymond James Stadium
Sun. June 18: Philadelphia, PA at Lincoln Financial Field
Tue. June 20: Washington, DC at FedEx Field
Fri. June 23: Toronto, ON at Rogers Centre
Sun. June 25: Boston, MA at Gillette Stadium
Wed. June 28: E. Rutherford, NJ at MetLife Stadium
Sat. July 1: Cleveland, OH at First Energy Stadium

The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Europe

Sat. 8 July: London, UK at Twickenham Stadium
Wed. 12 July: Berlin, DE at Olympic Stadium
Sat. 15 July: Rome, IT at Olympic Stadium
Tue. 18 July: Barcelona, ES at Olympic Stadium
Sat. 22 July: Dublin, IE at Croke Park
Tue. 25 July: Paris, FR at Stade De France
Sat. 29 July: Amsterdam, NE at Amsterdam Arena
Tue. 1 Aug.: Brussels, BE at King Baudouin Stadium

BDB
01-09-17, 12:22 PM
CAN NOT WAIT

I would bet on second shows at some venues?

Unclejosh
01-09-17, 12:25 PM
I am IN! Gonna get presale fan club tix Wednesday. Now I just have to hope I can find someone to go with. I only had 1 friend who also liked U2 and who I have gone to shows with for the past 20 years but we had a falling out last year. Oh well, if I have to go alone I will, I am not missing this show.

slop101
01-09-17, 01:04 PM
I saw the original Joshua Tree tour when they played the LA Coliseum. God, I'm old.

Anyways, stadium shows are a clusterfuck of epic proportions. It took us 2 hours just to leave the parking lot of the Forum of their last show - and the Forum is tiny compared to the Rose Bowl. I can't imagine what a logistical nightmare this will be.

I remember one stadium show where by the time the sound got to us, it wasn't in sync with what you'd see on the stage. You'd see Larry hitting the drum, and the sound of the drum half a second later.

At least the media tech has come a lot ways since '87, so I'm sure that part will be snazzy, just like it was on their last tour - though that was in arenas.

slop101
01-09-17, 01:08 PM
The Edge talks about the tour (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-edge-breaks-down-u2s-upcoming-joshua-tree-tour-w459473).

OK final question: Do you think there will be an Achtung Baby 30th anniversary tour in 2021?
[Laughs] No plans, but never say never.

PerryD
01-09-17, 03:43 PM
I had good seats for their 87 tour in Champaign IL, but I sold them to a friend that was a big fan.

I also am not a fan of football stadium tours. I saw U2 at Soldier Field for Pop, and even good seats were so far back from the stage. Much better seeing them at United Center instead. I think parking at Soldier Field is $50 vs $20 at United Center also.

GuessWho
01-09-17, 03:54 PM
F#$* Soldier Field parking. I take the Metra or L and walk the rest of the way.

Mabuse
01-09-17, 04:55 PM
Can someone explain how they are going to play a song that they couldn't play when they were younger? I mean maybe I'm misinformed but it's my understanding that Redhill was never played because they physically could not do it live. Now they suddenly can?

slop101
01-09-17, 05:17 PM
Can someone explain how they are going to play a song that they couldn't play when they were younger? I mean maybe I'm misinformed but it's my understanding that Redhill was never played because they physically could not do it live. Now they suddenly can?
Computers.

That, and people do get more proficient as they get older - I'm a much better guitar player now than I was 25 years ago.

PerryD
01-09-17, 05:17 PM
I think a lot more bands play to backing tracks nowadays to fill out the sound.

Supermallet
01-09-17, 07:07 PM
Well, it's tempting given that some of my favorite songs on The Joshua Tree are the ones they play the least live. Not sure if I want to go up to Seattle for U2 though. Hrm.

Decker
01-09-17, 08:22 PM
I'd love to see the show, but not enough to drive to the Rose Bowl. Wish they were coming to Vegas. Maybe once we build the Raiders/Sands Stadium in time for Achtung Baby 30th.

Guess I'll buy the eventual Blu Ray and call it a day.

Chrisedge
01-10-17, 12:51 PM

It was always rumored that Bono couldn't sing the high parts in Red Hill, but Edge alluded to the idea that it was more the tempo of the song and finding a place for it in the setlist.

Check out the Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-edge-breaks-down-u2s-upcoming-joshua-tree-tour-w459473) article about the tour and he explains it.

TheGuy
01-11-17, 10:45 AM
Yawn..... wake me when they do WAR or the Unforgettable Fire in full. Saw the Joshua Tree tour back in the day, there last good tour. Even was at that one-off show for the Unforgettable Fire at Radio City, now THAT was a show!

hdnmickey
01-11-17, 12:03 PM
I too would be far more interested in a similar show that contained the whole War album. And only then if they played arenas. If I wanted to basically watch a video of the concert (which is what I get in a football stadium) I could just watch a blu-ray of the show after the fact.

Chrisedge
01-11-17, 12:32 PM
Not a massive fan of stadiums, but got Rose Bowl seats this morning. I was lucky enough to see 5+ Joshua Tree 1987 shows, so I don't feel bad about this cash grab :)

Unclejosh
01-11-17, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Red Zone or VIP packages are actual seats or are they all GA? I can't do GA physically but would love to sit as close as I can. My aunt is getting me the tix as a combination birthday present and thank you for helping her with her illness and she said she doesn't care how much it costs so...

Chrisedge
01-11-17, 01:45 PM
Red Zone is always been GA, VIP has just been the best seats at a marked up rate...

Unclejosh
01-11-17, 01:52 PM
So the VIP seats are not worth it? Can I get similar seats without the VIP package. I have always had GA in the past until last tour when I got seats through the fan club but the weren't great. Upper section to the side of the stage almost behind it.

Chrisedge
01-11-17, 01:59 PM
I bought Rose Bowl tix this morning, but my 2009 Rose Bowl seats were as close as you get, seat-wise and were still miles away. I opted for cheaper seats higher up, just to be in the stadium...

Unclejosh
01-11-17, 02:20 PM
makes sense.

Supermallet
01-11-17, 08:13 PM
A friend of mine signed up for the U2 fan club and is buying tickets for the Seattle show, so looks like I'll be going!

cdollaz
01-11-17, 08:41 PM
I only have interest if I can get GA tix on the floor, so hopefully I can get those.

EddieMoney
01-12-17, 08:06 AM
Wtf

tommyp007
01-12-17, 08:20 AM
I saw U2 once, back in 1992 on the ZooTV tour at the old Charlotte Coliseum. I remember it being a great show, but I'm just not a big enough fan to head to a stadium to see them again.

hdnmickey
01-12-17, 10:05 AM
A friend of mine signed up for the U2 fan club and is buying tickets for the Seattle show, so looks like I'll be going!

To be fair, Centrury Link is setup such that it will be far better than many of the other stadium options for shows.

Unclejosh
01-12-17, 10:39 AM
I am pissed. I was not able to get any decent seats for the Boston show. First time in 20 years the fan club let me down. I am not paying (or my aunt technically) $300 bucks a seat to sit near the opposite end zone of the stage. I have sat there for shows before and you might as well be watching a TV through your neighbor's window and listening to a boombox. You can't even hear the vocals clearly and there is a total disconnect with the band which is what they are one of the best in the business at doing (connect with the audience). I don't even bother standing when in that area because there is no point. I would pay like $50 or $75 to sit in that area just to be there I guess but no more. Just not worth it in my opinion. I am too old and too physically broken down to be one of those excited just happy to be there no matter the cost what type of fans.

Looks like I will be missing this tour which is a first but maybe a second show will be added or seats will get released later. Fingers crossed. To all those who were able to get seats, congrats and enjoy the show!

slop101
01-12-17, 10:57 AM
Are nose-bleed seats seriously $300?

Unclejosh
01-12-17, 11:00 AM
They aren't nosebleeds as they are lower level, but they are so far away they are not worth that much to me. In fact the nosebleed that are on the same half as the stage are probably better.

Unclejosh
01-12-17, 11:07 AM
Will try Tuesday maybe I will get lucky.

dex14
01-12-17, 11:57 AM
For Metlife... I want to get GAs... but it seems they are CC entry only... I may have to travel in June around the date of the show. Ideally, I am hoping they add a second night on Thursday which would be more convenient. But I don't want to buy for Wednesday and then not be able to go if my travel overlaps.

Supermallet
01-12-17, 01:28 PM
My friend who joined the fan club just for presale seats is having trouble getting any. What's the point of the presale?

slop101
01-12-17, 01:44 PM
Having trouble getting expensive pre-sale tickets to a stadium show is fucking insane to me.

Joshua Tree is definitely some strong 'member berries!

Supermallet
01-12-17, 02:17 PM
He was finally able to get tickets. U2, I'll see you in Seattle!

Chrisedge
01-12-17, 02:38 PM
They are purposely trickling out tickets...I am checking for Vancouver's still, and see it fluctuate.

Unclejosh
01-12-17, 02:45 PM
I can't access TM at work otherwise I would be checking all day as I have heard that seats are being made available that werent there this morning. Of course by the time I get out of work even those will be gone I bet.

Chrisedge
01-12-17, 02:56 PM
Not sure if you have a mobile phone, but the TM app supposedly works better than the website.

Unclejosh
01-12-17, 03:12 PM
Yeah I had to use the app this morning during my commute to work on the side of the highway. I am not allowed to have a cell phone at work. So i will have to wait until i get out at 6:30 PM EST

BDB
01-12-17, 03:38 PM
Thanks to suprmallets advice I now have 4 tix for Seattle. thought all the GA were gone, so bought 100 level tix..

Now I've got 100 Level and GA. Options! $ cost average is good for the tix though!

Ky-Fi
01-12-17, 04:22 PM
I was blown away by U2 at Boston Garden in 2015--awesome live show and setlist. But Boston Garden is a hockey rink, not a football stadium. With their two stages and constant movement, U2 actually managed to make it feel kind of intimate.

They're playing at Gillette Stadium this time, though--for the price I'd want to pay, the seats would just be way too far away. Also, Gillette isn't in Boston, it's in a smaller town to the west---and getting in and out of there can be quite an adventure. If it was one of the earlier four albums I'd still consider it, but I'm not that big a fan of Joshua Tree, so I think I'll pass on this one.

mapasu
01-12-17, 07:32 PM
Got my 4 GA tix today for Tampa 6/14. This is going to be fun!

Jason
01-12-17, 08:17 PM
I've always heard they put on a good show, and at this point I'm mostly interested in big event "bucket list" type shows, but I'm a casual fan, and it's a Wednesday night for me, so I would have to burn a half-day vacation the day of the show just to get there, and probably the day after. I doubt it's going to happen for me.

dex14
01-13-17, 08:44 AM
I've always heard they put on a good show, and at this point I'm mostly interested in big event "bucket list" type shows, but I'm a casual fan.

That is how I feel about it too. I've never seen them. I've heard they are great. When I mentioned the Joshua Tree in full in aspect to my fiance she was down to go. So, I'm hoping the show isn't heavy on newer stuff. Truthfully, I hate everything that came from 2000 onwards. It's total mom rock, IMO. Beautiful Day... Elevation... Vertigo... bleh. I do think City of Blinding Lights is a great song though.

slop101
01-14-17, 02:01 PM
Any ideas on if they'll re-release a nice Joshua Tree vinyl edition this year? They did one in 2007, but it's oop, and I'm sure they can best it now.

I have an original vinyl that I bought on it's release DAY back in '87, but it's been through hell and back. I wouldn't mind replacing it with a nice, new audiophile copy.

slop101
01-15-17, 07:58 PM
U2 postpones new album to better address Trump presidency (http://www.stereogum.com/1918978/u2-postpones-new-album-to-better-address-trump-presidency/news/)

Wild stuff!

inri222
01-15-17, 08:30 PM
Yawn..... wake me when they do WAR or the Unforgettable Fire in full.

:up::up::up:

LorenzoL
01-15-17, 08:41 PM
My co-worker got 4 GA tickets for Toronto and I'm one of the four. We went to the last concert together at the ACC so it was given once he got tickets, that I'll be included.

Supermallet
01-15-17, 09:23 PM
U2 postpones new album to better address Trump presidency (http://www.stereogum.com/1918978/u2-postpones-new-album-to-better-address-trump-presidency/news/)

Wild stuff!

How interesting. I'm sure bootlegs will pop up of the pre-Trump version of the album.

Mabuse
01-16-17, 12:52 PM
I imagine these live shows will be preachy as hell.

Unclejosh
01-17-17, 10:36 AM
No luck on the general sale this morning. Since I am at work and TM is blocked here, I had to take an unauthorized break and try to use my phone to get tix. First the app tells me that they have no tickets and I must use the website. So I try that but of course it says I must use the FULL site to it redirects and takes 2 minutes to connect. So i am already at 10:02. I try to get tickets and I only get 1 hit which was the opposite end of the stadium for $305 ea. I tried to get another pair and they were all sold out of all available tickets at 10:05.

I can not even express my anger and disappointment at this situation. This will be the first time I have been unable to get tickets to see U2 who are my all-time favorite band and they are performing my all time favorite album. I guess the takeaway is never let your subscription lapse and make sure you know when it expires or you will be disappointed. Being a fan club member for over 20 years means nothing if you are a few weeks late in renewing.

Enjoy the shows everyone! I assume they will record some of the shows for release and I will have to wait for that.

Chrisedge
01-17-17, 10:42 AM
Keep looking! Tickets keep getting dropped and added to TM. Plus there will be another show added in Mass as well...(Most likely if this one sold out this fast)

Unclejosh
01-17-17, 10:54 AM
I will try again once I get out of work at 6:30 PM. I have already used my allotted time off to try and get the tickets this morning. I did hear they are adding a second show on the 26th. I have zero faith that will be any different but will try once it is announced. It will also cost me money as I would need to take time off from work in order to go on a work day/night and I will have to pay for a aide to come and take care of my aunt and give her the required shots she needs. On the weekend I can have another relative come by but not on a work night. I will have to figure that out. The fact that the show was actually on a weekend which almost never happens was a big part of my being able to go.

But I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that I can work it out and am able to get tix for the 2nd show if added which I assume it will be. Live nation already booked it so...

cdollaz
01-17-17, 11:05 AM
I got floor tix for Houston. I love how U2 makes the floor tickets cheaper than the reserved seats.

dex14
01-17-17, 11:10 AM
UncleJosh - is there nobody you know that can help you get tickets when shows go onsale?

Unclejosh
01-17-17, 11:25 AM
No. My aunt is too sick to help and as I have detailed extensively in my posts in Other, I don't exactly have the best family or friend support system. It is what it is. The people on this board have helped me out more and been more kind and supportive than any of my friends and family in real life.

Despite my complaining, this is really 1st world problems and isn't the end of the world. I am just venting since I have no other outlets to do so.

cdollaz
01-17-17, 11:30 AM
I just got another floor seat for a friend 25 minutes after the onsale start time, so they aren't selling too fast for Houston. Then again, it is a big floor.

Unclejosh
01-17-17, 11:31 AM
I got floor tix for Houston. I love how U2 makes the floor tickets cheaper than the reserved seats.

yeah they have done that for years and it is the best. I wish I was still able to take advantage of it as I had the best concert experiences of my life at U2 GA and they were the cheapest seats in the house I think. I think I paid $50 bucks for GA during Elevation and I was in the heart and can be seen multiple times in Elevation DVD. It was a near religious experience.

dex14
01-17-17, 11:54 AM
They just announced the second show at Metlife. That date works better for me so I'll probably sell mine for the Wednesday.

Matto1020
01-17-17, 12:32 PM
I was just able to score six GA tickets for the Chicago show during the general public sale. And no, I'm not going to scalp them, but going to sell them to friends who want to go at face value.

But I'll say, Ticketmaster can blow me. Right when the sale started, I searched "2 Tickets - GA" and it pulled up nothing. Tried again, pulled up nothing. So I tried "1 Ticket - GA" and it pulled one up. So I bought it, and thought, what the hell, and tried "1 Ticket - GA" again, and sure enough, another one pulled up. I was able to do this six times over the span of 15 minutes. Meanwhile my coworker kept searching "2 Tickets - GA" and got nothing, until he finally was able to get 1 ticket using my method.

Also, a second show has already been added to Chicago for June 4th. General Public sale goes on next Monday.

Unclejosh
01-17-17, 02:22 PM
Looks like every sold out show in North America got a second show EXCEPT Toronto and Boston. Of course. May still happen but that fact that it hasn't yet despite the Live Nation dates sent to insiders showing June 26th as a show at Gillette doesn't bode well.

Chrisedge
01-17-17, 05:27 PM
http://www.atu2.com/news/i-didnt-get-u2-tickets-what-now.html

Unclejosh
01-17-17, 06:29 PM
So got email from U2.com, looks like LA, Chicago, and NJ got the added shows. Oh well.

Chrisedge, will you be taping this year?

Chrisedge
01-17-17, 07:13 PM
I will be...I am almost done with a 6 cam multicam for Vancouver 2 (May 15, 2015) that will be out in February...

I think there is one more angle that I added after this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5EdfV4dpPs

cdollaz
01-17-17, 11:52 PM
I wonder what the rest of the setlist will look like.

Unclejosh
01-18-17, 11:33 AM
I will be...I am almost done with a 6 cam multicam for Vancouver 2 (May 15, 2015) that will be out in February...

I think there is one more angle that I added after this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5EdfV4dpPs

Awesome. Been a fan of your work for a long time. Since Elevation I think. Not sure if you did stuff before but that is when I first noticed your name.

Chrisedge
01-18-17, 11:48 AM
Awesome. Been a fan of your work for a long time. Since Elevation I think. Not sure if you did stuff before but that is when I first noticed your name.

Those were my first real recordings! :) That summer I bought my first high-end gear.

Chrisedge
01-18-17, 02:51 PM
This might be one of the fastest selling tours of all time...

U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - 1.1 Million Tickets Sold Within 24 Hours
http://investors.livenationentertainment.com/news-center/news-center-details/2017/U2-The-Joshua-Tree-Tour-2017---11-Million-Tickets-Sold-Within-24-Hours/default.aspx

Unclejosh
01-18-17, 02:57 PM
Those were my first real recordings! :) That summer I bought my first high-end gear.

Well you do great work. I have benefited (as has the whole U2 community) greatly from your talents and hard work. Lots of great recordings. Plus the audio rips from the leaked Paris shows. That was you as well right?

Unclejosh
01-18-17, 02:58 PM
This might be one of the fastest selling tours of all time...

U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - 1.1 Million Tickets Sold Within 24 Hours
http://investors.livenationentertainment.com/news-center/news-center-details/2017/U2-The-Joshua-Tree-Tour-2017---11-Million-Tickets-Sold-Within-24-Hours/default.aspx

That is pretty impressive for a band that has been together for 40 years.

Chrisedge
01-18-17, 03:23 PM
Well you do great work. I have benefited (as has the whole U2 community) greatly from your talents and hard work. Lots of great recordings. Plus the audio rips from the leaked Paris shows. That was you as well right?

Correct, those were some of my tougher assignments (Paris extraction). That was trial by fire...

slop101
03-13-17, 02:20 PM
Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary 7LP (http://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWUSD&sku=U2T71595)

U2 The Joshua Tree 7LP Super Deluxe Box Set*
Super Deluxe 7LP Box Set

Bespoke boxset. Cover features a textured embossed gold foiled Joshua tree icon.

This collector’s boxset includes:

7 pieces of original, live and unreleased recordings on 12” 180gsm vinyl.
3.5hrs of audio content / 49 tracks (25x unreleased tracks: 17x live, 7x new mixes, 1x archive track)

• The Joshua Tree double album (gatefold)
• The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden double album 1987 (gatefold)
• The Joshua Tree Remixes
• The Joshua Tree Outtakes
• The Joshua Tree B-Sides

• The Joshua Tree – Photographs by The Edge. An 84-page hardback book of personal never-before seen photography by The Edge, taken during the original Mojave Desert Joshua Tree shoot, 1986

• A folio of 8 rare 12” Anton Corbijn colour prints

Tracklisting:
The Joshua Tree
Side 1
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You

Side 2
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Side 3
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires

Side 4
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared

The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden 1987
Side 1
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Trip Through Your Wires

Side 2
MLK
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
In God's Country
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Side 3
Exit
October
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Side 4
With Or Without You
Party Girl
"40"

The Joshua Tree Remixes, Outakes & B-Sides
Remixes Side 1
One Tree Hill (St Francis Hotel Remix)
Bullet The Blue Sky (Jacknife Lee Remix)
Running To Stand Still (Daniel Lanois Remix)

Remixes Side 2
Red Hill Mining Town (Steve Lillywhite 2017 Mix)
With Or Without You (Daniel Lanois Remix)
Where The Streets Have No Name (Flood Remix)

Outtakes Side 3
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Lillywhite Alternative Mix '87)
One Tree Hill Reprise (Brian Eno 2017 Mix)
Silver and Gold (Sun City)
Beautiful Ghost/Introduction To Songs Of Experience

Outtakes Side 4
Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
Desert Of Our Love
Rise Up
Drunk Chicken/America

B-Sides Side 5
Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
Walk To The Water
Spanish Eyes

B-Sides Side 6
Deep In The Heart
Silver And Gold
Sweetest Thing
Race Against Time

*Pre-Order: Release Date June 2nd

Boxset dimensions: 320mm x 332mm x 75mm

Boxset weight: 5000g
US$169.95

http://media.fanfire.com/images/product/large/U2T/U2T71595-1.jpg

Overkill?

Unclejosh
03-13-17, 02:44 PM
Very annoying that the MSG show is not complete. Which is the only thing I would get the set for.

Supermallet
05-14-17, 01:33 PM
Seeing them in Seattle tonight!

Phantom Dreamer
05-15-17, 01:49 PM
You want to enjoy a show but you get inundated with anti-Trump video clips, (low hanging fruit) Elizabeth Warren tributes (gag) and nary a mention of the 26,000 bombs Saint Barack dropped his last year. U2 tries so hard to still be relevant, but they constantly swing and miss.

Supermallet
05-15-17, 03:33 PM
Well I loved the show, including and especially the tribute to powerful, outspoken women (I didn't notice Elizabeth Warren in the video slides but she was probably in there) during "Acrobat".

I don't get why people complain about the political stuff at U2 shows. Bono is an outspoken political activist, many of the band's songs are explicitly political, and they've been doing the political segments of their shows for a long long time.

It would be like me going to a Christian rock show and asking why they have to sing and talk about Jesus so much. The political activism is a core part of U2's brand and identity.

The show was spectacular. U2 know how to play to the largest venues in the world and make it feel intimate. The Joshua Tree has lost none of its power, and you could feel the band feeding off the energy from the audience. This was my first time seeing them but from now on I'm not missing another tour of theirs.

stvn1974
05-15-17, 03:44 PM
You want to enjoy a show but you get inundated with anti-Trump video clips, (low hanging fruit) Elizabeth Warren tributes (gag) and nary a mention of the 26,000 bombs Saint Barack dropped his last year. U2 tries so hard to still be relevant, but they constantly swing and miss.

Perhaps you should stick to Toby Keith.

cdollaz
05-15-17, 04:12 PM
Well I loved the show, including and especially the tribute to powerful, outspoken women (I didn't notice Elizabeth Warren in the video slides but she was probably in there) during "Acrobat".

I don't get why people complain about the political stuff at U2 shows. Bono is an outspoken political activist, many of the band's songs are explicitly political, and they've been doing the political segments of their shows for a long long time.

It would be like me going to a Christian rock show and asking why they have to sing and talk about Jesus so much. The political activism is a core part of U2's brand and identity.

The show was spectacular. U2 know how to play to the largest venues in the world and make it feel intimate. The Joshua Tree has lost none of its power, and you could feel the band feeding off the energy from the audience. This was my first time seeing them but from now on I'm not missing another tour of theirs.

Yeah, no one should be surprised when this happens at a U2 show. I do not like when musicians hijack awards shows to push their agenda, but at their own show, they can do whatever they want.

Chrisedge
05-16-17, 12:36 PM
It was Ultraviolet, not Acrobat :)

Seeing my #53rd & #54th shows this weekend...

Unclejosh
05-16-17, 01:14 PM
I think if it was Acrobat there would be way more buzz...

Supermallet
05-16-17, 02:44 PM
It was Ultraviolet, not Acrobat :)

Seeing my #53rd & #54th shows this weekend...

Oops, brain fart!

LorenzoL
05-16-17, 06:13 PM
I can't wait to see them again on 06/23/2017 in Toronto!

BDB
05-19-17, 06:24 PM
Was incredible in Seattle one of the best shows they've put on. the visuals blew me away..

Loved how it started with Larry walking out solo. no fanfare..

One of the reasons they get a bad rap for politics is that they are all tax exiles from Ireland, but I think the one organization has done some great stuff. and partnering with the gates foundation for one gave it all the credibility it needed

Eddie W
05-20-17, 12:10 PM

Wow, this thread inspired me to check to see if anything is available for Dallas next Friday. And I'm surprised TM still has GA floor for face value of $70/ea. I bought 'em but what's the catch? All they had in the stands was resale seats for high dollar.

Anyway, even if we can't see all that great, the sound will surely be much better than up in the nosebleeds.

Jason
05-21-17, 08:27 AM
Wow, this thread inspired me to check to see if anything is available for Dallas next Friday. And I'm surprised TM still has GA floor for face value of $70/ea. I bought 'em but what's the catch?

I'd say general admission is the catch.

Unless you want to get in line at least 24 hours early, you're going be be very far back on the field.

Chrisedge
05-21-17, 02:18 PM
I'd say general admission is the catch.

Unless you want to get in line at least 24 hours early, you're going be be very far back on the field.

Not at all. Show up 4-5pm, and you will stand right behind someone that waited 12 hours. Even showing up at 6pm can get you a decent spot. Now, that means standing in that spot as the entire floor fills, but you can get close. Lots of my friends do it everyway GA. I am at the back of the floor tonight. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t_5nE5OLtQ

Why So Blu?
05-21-17, 03:42 PM
They played at the Rose Bowl last night and are playing there tonight, as well.

Chrisedge
05-22-17, 02:06 PM
So I was on the floor last night. Didn't get into "place" until the opening act was over. I was right in front of soundboard. You could have arrived at 8pm and gotten this exact spot. Not great but not horrible. The floor in general is hard to see because of everyone holding phones up, but the screen and band were easily seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UyQ0-2FXYU

Mabuse
05-22-17, 08:20 PM
Wow. That was great. When the shot panned down to show the road I got chills. That's a perfect invocation of the iconography that has always surrounded that album.

That looks like highway 190 near Olancha, which is near where the back cover and gatefold photo were taken.

Eddie W
05-27-17, 11:59 AM
Wow, I worried about GA floor earlier in this thread, but that was really an awesome experience. We got there about 15 min before U2 went on & were easily able to get a great spot. It's as if they didn't oversell the space & people were able to just mill about comfortably. Except for maybe those at the very, very front. What a great show!

Chrisedge
06-01-17, 05:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IobgVahpNu0

Quickest I've done anything like this.

Unclejosh
06-02-17, 10:41 AM
The live show from the Deluxe JT is really fantastic. Big time upgrade from the already excellent Wolfgang version. Might be my favorite mix of all U2 official live releases. Really pissed they couldnt put the whole show on 2 discs and omit the useless remixes and outtakes.

Chrisedge
06-02-17, 01:27 PM
I got the vinyl, but it's not shipping until today, and I get it next week? I did get the MP3's since it was an AutoRip purchase...

slop101
06-02-17, 02:09 PM
This new vinyl (the main album); is it the same master/pressing as the previous double vinyl pressing?

Unclejosh
06-05-17, 03:09 PM
Man after finding out the Bullet the Blue Sky is actually the version from 11/07/1987 in Denver Co and that SBS edited out the "**** the Revolution" rant makes me even angrier that they didn't release a whole show. This means they have at minimum the complete MSG and Denver shows they could have released. Can you imagine a vault archive series like Bruce Springsteen and many others are doing now with this type of audio quality and mix? Holy crap I would be bankrupt! Would buy every single show. I mean both the MSG and Denver shows are available in excellent soundboard already but the professional mix this release has makes those boots sound like crap in comparison. Ah U2, your decisions regarding your live releases baffle me so...

TomOpus
06-06-17, 06:01 PM
Just announced U2 will be here on Sept 12 at Arrowhead Stadium. Problem is the Royals also play that night in Kauffman Stadium. Both share the same parking lot. I guess they're trying to figure out options. It's already a nightmare getting out of there after one game. There's a reason they try not to schedule the Chiefs and Royals at the same time.

BDB
06-06-17, 07:25 PM
The stage set is so simple yet so iconic and effective, we've come along way from Zoo TV!

Mabuse
06-12-17, 07:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IobgVahpNu0

Quickest I've done anything like this.

I watched this last night. Well done. But I must say I was a little disappointed in their performance of Joshua Tree. Where the Streets opened so strong, but the rest of side A wasn't very good, save for Running to Stand Still. And then side B was generally poor. And that's my favorite side.

Best part was how they came out against the red stage like they did back on the original tour and Rattle and Hum trailer.

GuessWho
06-13-17, 11:29 AM
I watched this last night.Good timing -- the video is gone now.

Unclejosh
06-13-17, 11:39 AM
Why is it gone?

TomOpus
06-13-17, 12:27 PM
Copyrights.

Unclejosh
06-13-17, 12:35 PM
Wow, I think that is the first instance of a U2 audience video being pulled that I have heard of. They even have multicams using official audio from U22 and Edge's Picks up. Weird.

PerryD
06-13-17, 02:58 PM
Copyrights.

I had a video pulled once (out of 200+ videos) and I went ahead and clicked the option to fight it. The label has 30 days to follow up (which I assume is to file a lawsuit against you), which I guess was too much trouble since they didn't appeal. When you choose to fight it, you get to keep the video.

If it were to happen to me again, I would probably not fight it, but it annoyed me that they would go after a home made lowish quality concert video.

In another case, they actually marked a very specific section of the song as a violation (it was a pre-recorded intro), so I just trimmed it out and the violation went away.

My main problem with recording songs (I only record a couple songs as keepsakes) is that security has been getting very aggressive lately, especially since I'm usually in the front row.

TomOpus
09-17-17, 10:32 AM
Due to the city-wide protests in St Louis, the police stated they didn't have enough cops to provide proper security, so this concert (among other events) had to be cancelled.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0