Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

BFG & Through the Looking Glass 3-D Region-Free

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-16, 03:35 PM
pgm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BFG & Through the Looking Glass 3-D Region-Free

Anyone know of the reliability and availability of region-free releases of THE BFG and/or THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS? I know some are available on ebay and on Amazon.UK. I've had good luck with the latter, but it is difficult now to know which country is releasing the edition. Any tips or reviews would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-16, 07:09 PM
pgm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: BFG & Through the Looking Glass 3-D Region-Free

Thanks for the info. Any idea about the quality of the Region-Free releases from other countries as opposed to the standard Region A. For instance, I saw that there was Czech release of THE BFG and a Malaysian release of THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS. Again, any other further info would be appreciated.
Old 12-14-16, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Alice should be region free everywhere -- definitely multiple confirmations of the UK discs being region free

BFG apears to Region B locked from most of the European sites since it's being released by non Disney distributors.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=231
Any place in particular you go to check if foreign releases are region free? Getting info here is rather sporadic.

When I checked Amazon.uk on release day, Alice and BFG were both listed as Region B. Just checked and both are still listed as Region B. Amazon.UK is as far as I'm willing to go to get 3D releases. I've really become disenchanted with Disney's treatment of U.S. video consumers.
Old 12-15-16, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon2
Any place in particular you go to check if foreign releases are region free? Getting info here is rather sporadic.

When I checked Amazon.uk on release day, Alice and BFG were both listed as Region B. Just checked and both are still listed as Region B. Amazon.UK is as far as I'm willing to go to get 3D releases. I've really become disenchanted with Disney's treatment of U.S. video consumers.
Go to Bluray.com, in the drop down list in the search bar, select the country whose releases you are interested in. For most part they have it right but then its not 100% accurate. For e.g Warner releases are always Region Free yet Bluray.com's UK and German listings show many as Region B. The good news is that users like you and I can go there and input our observations with those titles and it will get recorded for others to see. I have marked several Warner's German releases to confirm Region free (or Region A capable status) after testing them
Old 12-15-16, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the info.