Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E10/11) -- 2 Hours -- "Million Dollar Gamble"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E10/11) -- 2 Hours -- "Million Dollar Gamble"

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-16, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

A POWER STRUGGLE BETWEEN CASTAWAYS ERUPTS AND EACH PLAYER TRIES TO ARM THEMSELVES WITH ALLIES, ON A TWO-HOUR "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 23

"Million Dollar Gamble" - A power struggle between castaways erupts, and each player tries to arm themselves with allies. Also, tensions rise when castaways from Gen X turn on each other and one castaway throws another under the bus to build trust in the game, on a two-hour SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 23 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

MERGED "Vinaka" Tribe

Sunday Burquest

Chris Hammons

Adam Klein

Bret LaBelle

Jessica Lewis

Ken McNickle

Hannah Shapiro

Zeke Smith

Justin "Jay" Starrett

Will Wahl

David Wright

MILLENNIALS "Vanua" Tribe GEN X "Takali" Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw (Seventh Eliminated)
Rachel Ako (First Eliminated)
Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa (Sixth Eliminated)
Sunday Burquest

Adam Klein Chris Hammons

Michelle Schubert (Eighth Eliminated)
Lucy Huang (Fourth Eliminated)
Hannah Shapiro Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith Jessica Lewis

Justin "Jay" Starrett Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker (Ninth Eliminated)
Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor (Fifth Eliminated)
Mari Takahashi (Second Eliminated)
Paul Wachter (Third Eliminated)
Will Wahl David Wright

SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Holdco, LLC. Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are executive producers. Photos are available at: http://cbspressexpress.com

2 Hours Tonight
Old 11-23-16, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E10/11) -- 2 Hours -- "Million Dollar Gamble"

For a cast of new people that was some hard level gaming.

Given the way the cast was being presented, Chris getting blindsided out of the game at some point was a move that I think most of us saw coming.

Too bad Hannah and Adam fell for the ruse, but I don't think Jess is much of a loss.
Old 11-24-16, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E10/11) -- 2 Hours -- "Million Dollar Gamble"

I was wondering about the dynamics among the Gen-X'ers, and how long they could hold together, but did not think it would collapse quite so soon, with 5 Millenials left and especially Jay, Will and Adam still in the game.

I agree that a blindside for Chris seemed likely, but based on the scant info we had then I honestly thought he'd have lasted longer. Particularly as he'd seemed on good terms with David.

I have to give credit to Zeke and David, and Hannah and Brett. A lot of bold moves. I am sorry that it was Jess that went, as personally I prefer "her" side to most of the people on Zeke's, and David's got to be kicking himself for playing his Idol for Ken. But it is what it is, and the previews suggest the possibility of more shake-up's next week. I hope so.
Old 11-24-16, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I thought ties were usually broken with a fire challenge. When does that come into play?
Old 11-24-16, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I thought ties were usually broken with a fire challenge. When does that come into play?
Originally true. But now it is reserved for very late in game (final four and beyond?). Earlier in game, they have done rocks for a while and it punishes the other players for not getting to an agreement. Plus fire takes a long time.
Old 11-24-16, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

I thought fire was reserved for the final round or two.

Solid two episodes last night. Really enjoyed how it appeared the kings of both tribes were going head to head in the second episode. The chess player mention by Zeke (or was it David?) was apropos. I could see Zeke being a king right at the beginning of the season if he survived long enough...but David? I was expecting him to die of fright after the first few days. Suddenly the guy is a leader. Nice character ascension for him.

Too bad about Jess. It seemed she knew from the start that if they went to rocks somehow she was going to pull it. Her buggy eyes looked like they were about to pop out of her skull and I thought she showed the most fear out of all of them on pulling rocks...and then she pulls the black one. Bad luck.

That is exactly what would happen to me. I could pull rocks against 20 people and I would pull the one black one somehow. I have never been lucky with that stuff.

I was taken aback by Bret coming out to Zeke. I was expecting him to talk about how he is trying to be more accepting of gays after meeting Zeke...and then he drops the unexpected. I thought it was a great moment for him. I haven't really cared for Bret too much so far but thought that episode last night showed him to be a good, genuine guy.

And I wish they would go back to letting the odd man out in a reward challenge pick a side. If the side they pick wins, then they get to go on the reward. If not, they stay with the losing tribe. I don't like them pulling a rock and getting fucked out of the reward completely. But I also don't like them pulling a rock and getting the reward without being in the challenge. We saw both last night. At least picking a team to win puts a little skin in the game. And sometimes you can see cracks when they pick certain teams.
Old 11-24-16, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I can't believe they fell for the Ken act.
Old 11-24-16, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I said this in a different episode thread, but this season has been exceptional for contestants trying to take control of their own destiny and not just accepting whatever they are told as long as it's not them. It was always so aggravating to see players who were clearly on the bottom of their "rock solid" seven person alliance wait unt it was down to the seven to start think about what happens then. It has made for a much more enjoyable season than usual.

That said, I have started fully fast-forwarding through the reward challenges. I could not care less who gets to go on an all-you-can-eat buffet every three days.
Old 11-25-16, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I was taken aback by Bret coming out to Zeke. I was expecting him to talk about how he is trying to be more accepting of gays after meeting Zeke...and then he drops the unexpected. I thought it was a great moment for him. I haven't really cared for Bret too much so far but thought that episode last night showed him to be a good, genuine guy.
After all his lies about being a funeral home director, there's a part of me that was wondering if he was lying about being gay as well, just to get in Zeke's good graces. But then I looked online and I guess there have been stories about him being out since before the show started...so he's not really "hiding" it. This is the first they've actually mentioned in on the series though, right? If it came up before, I missed it.
Old 11-25-16, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

^First time I remember hearing anything on the show.