Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any luck with Leon returns?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Any luck with Leon returns?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-00, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was getting ready to finally send my defective Leon back to Buy.com, and I was wondering if anyone has had success with making exchanges?? Thanks!
Old 10-02-00, 05:14 PM

I had called Columbia TriStar and returned the DVD directly to them as they requested on 9/8/00. I haven't received the replacement yet though they had stated it would ship last week.

------------------
"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them. I don't give a f*** how crazy they are."

CDTracker
DVDProfiler
DVDTracker
Old 10-02-00, 11:10 PM

Could you post the phone number and address here? Thanks.

------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"
Old 10-03-00, 12:19 AM
Cool New Member

Cdnow wants me to provide proof that there is a recall before they'll take my unopened disk back. Does anybody have a link to the press release or something official?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-00, 12:28 AM
Banned

Moving to Online Store Forum

------------------
Kenwood
DVDTalk's Main Forum Moderator
DVDTalk FAQ Thread

Email: [email protected]
Old 10-03-00, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

search for leon on dvdtalk.com forum, I have posted the info way too many times already.

------------------

"SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY!"

Andy - Cowboy Bebop
Old 10-03-00, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by badbob01:
Cdnow wants me to provide proof that there is a recall before they'll take my unopened disk back. Does anybody have a link to the press release or something official?

Thanks!
<HR>

I forwarded this message (originally posted by Geoff) to CDNOW with my order number and they generated a new replacement order for me (they also sent a return label for me to return my defective copy):

----

Dear Columbia TriStar Home Video Customer,

An audio issue has been discovered on the 5.1 audio track of the Columbia TriStar Home Video DVD release of the title LEON: THE PROFESSIONAL, catalog # 04730. We are re-authoring and re-manufacturing this disc and will have product available to ship on September 18th, 2000. The new catalog number and UPC code is:

Catalog# UPC CODE
LEON: THE PROFESSIONAL "Corrected": 06196 0-43396-061965

All orders for LEON: THE PROFESIONAL should now be processed under this new "corrected" catalog number. The existing SKU number has been discontinued; therefore any orders for the existing SKU number will be canceled.

Should any of your customer's request replacement product please contact your Customer Operations Associate or your Sales Representative to facilitate the return and replacement order.

Because of our commitment to releasing the highest quality DVDs, we feel it was imperative to address this issue promptly. If you have consumers who have questions or concerns regarding this product, we welcome their feedback through our website, www.cthv.com or our consumer hotline at 310/244-1109.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and apologize for any problems this error may have caused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-03-00, 01:15 PM

Buy.com willingly took back my LEON and I had been waiting for the new one.

I called Customer Service and they told me that LEON was discontinued and they would not be carrying the new version. Of course, it's still on their web site.

I was so relieved of their ignorance, I will probably buy it elsewhere even if it's more money.
Old 10-03-00, 06:05 PM

I've sent an e-mail to Amazon. They answered me quickly and told me they send me a new copy immediately without i have to send the other back (because the price of the shipping is too high)
Old 10-03-00, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
I received my email confirmation today that LEON is on his way 2nd day delivery, with a tracking number. Checked the tracking number, and it has already arrived at the Chicago station. I should be getting it tomorrow. Amazon gave me a new order number immediately and kept me appraised of the order status. I had absolutelu no problem with the return process.
Thank you Amazon!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-00, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
i ordered my copy of Leon from Buy.com way back in June or July. i never received any copy from Buy.com. the defective copy never came & so far, the new, fixed copy has not come.

any suggestions? is there confirmation that the new "fixed" Leon has been released & someone holds a copy of that in their hand? i hate to talk to Buy.com customer service if i can help it b/c they get confused too easily. help!
Old 10-04-00, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
weird...i just posted the above this morning & i got in Leon this afternoon from buy.com w/ no shipping notice.

the catalog & UPC # matches the remastered one listed above. i will probably try to watch it tonight to make sure it sounds okay.

post and ye shall be answered...
Old 10-06-00, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

brianluvdvd - great news!! let us know if it is truly the remastered version.