Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Help Support an Independent Theater

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 10-25-16, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello my fellow dvdtalkers. My favorite theater is doing a kickstarter to help pay for new seats and overall restorations. This is the last truly independent theater in the Northern Virginia area, they show mostly art house movies with an occasional blockbuster to help keep the lights on. Over the past few months they've had a few different types of chairs in their lobby and have asked their patrons to vote on which one to get. The winner was chosen and now they need to purchase 853 of the suckers. I know most of you are not from the Northern Virginia but you can still help. Please consider donating, even if it's just a few bucks, every dollar counts.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-seat-quel

Reasons Cinema Arts Theater is awesome
  • Mark, the owner, comes in during the trailers and polls the audience to see if they're interested in a movie. Your vote can help bring in interesting movies.
  • On his way out, he tops off your popcorn bucket for free.
  • They have a film club that meets about once a month and shows a not yet release foreign or independent movie. The audience has no clue what they are about to see till right before it starts. I've been doing this 7 years, seen some interesting flicks (including Damien Chazelle's first movie)
  • $1 coffee and breakfast snacks during early bird movies
  • They support local artist by giving them a location to screen their films