Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Endless Poetry aka Poesia Sin Fin (2016, D: Jodorowsky) - S: Adan Jodorowsky

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Alejandro Jodorowsky's new film is set for release next month in France and then I'm sure it'll make it's way over to the states.

I couldn't find a trailer to link from Youtube but AJ posted it on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/alejandrojo...3651182945059/

Looks like the visual aesthetic of The Dance of Reality has been carried over to this film. Looks wild.

Be warned: the trailer is in Spanish, with French subtitles. You English-only speakers will have to stick to the pretty visuals.

The poster is very "Gilliam-esque."

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 09-09-16 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-09-16, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: Endless Poetry aka Poesia Sin Fin (2016, D: Jodorowsky) - S: Adan Jodorowsky

He needs to make something that will make money at this point.
Old 09-09-16, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Endless Poetry aka Poesia Sin Fin (2016, D: Jodorowsky) - S: Adan Jodorowsky

Originally Posted by inri222
He needs to make something that will make money at this point.

Old 09-12-16, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 07-28-17, 10:03 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Just saw this. I thought it was great, but I liked Dance of Reality more.
Old 12-02-17, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Comes out in over a week on Blu-ray & DVD. It is available on Amazon for rental.

Been waiting quite a while. Just pre-orderd on BD.
Old 12-02-17, 09:43 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yessssss
Old 12-08-17, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Was reading some reviews on Amazon and those that rented the film on PRIME say that English subtitles are not included. That's a bummer for those that don't understand Spanish. I could be a glitch from Amazon's side. My copy of the BD arrives today, so I can better verify if it has them. I won't need them, but it'll be shitty if they forgot to include them.
Old 12-08-17, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Just saw this. I thought it was great, but I liked Dance of Reality more.
I watching in the summer (and counted it for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy July Challenge) and agree. And I don't think anyone should see this without out seeing Dance of Reality. Endless Poetry is just a continuation of his life story ... watching this without seeing the other first would lessen the impact and be confusing (or even more confusing than Jodorowski movies usually are ). And seriously ... these are (to me, at least) by far his most accessible movies. It's strange at times, but you never less track of how you're going through the memories of his life. In that context, I think the surrealism works to great effect. Instead of being weird for weird's sake, you can see the framework of his life story has been altered according to how his memories are perceived.

I hope he gets to make more movies following up from where the story leaves. Looking at his biography, it seems like there would be many great stories yet to come. Like his adventures in Paris with Marcel Marceau's mime troupe in the 50s. Establishing a cinematic surrealism movement in Mexico City in the 1960s, culminating in his feature debut Fando and Lis. And behind the scenes stories of the making of El Topo and Holy Mountain.