Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

One Mississippi (Amazon) -- C: Tig Notaro & Diablo Cody -- EP Louis C.K.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-09-16, 07:08 AM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts

One Mississippi is a traumedy inspired by comedian Tig Notaro's life. We find Tig as she leaves Los Angeles and returns to her hometown in Mississippi upon her mother's untimely death. What starts as Tig reconciling her mother's affairs, becomes a poignant, hilarious and surprising exploration of family, childhood and life after grief.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Casey Wilson as Brooke
· John Rothman as Bill
· Noah Harpster as Remy
· Tig Notaro as Tig

CREW INFORMATION:
· Blair Breard as EP
· Dave Becky as EP
· Diablo Cody as CRTR/EP
· Louis C.K. as EP
· Nicole Holofcener as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Tig Notaro as CRTR/EP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cb5VUOalPjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
10 episode first season.
Old 09-10-16, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: One Mississippi (Amazon) -- C: Tig Notaro & Diablo Cody -- EP Louis C.K.

Watched this yesterday (the whole thing). Good stuff. There were a few laughs in each episode. All the characters had their time to shine. John Rothman as Bill (the father) stole the show. I thought he was given the best character to work with. It is what it is - it's a drama, with a little bit of comedy, and it's very engaging and it works.

Spoiler:
Tig going topless was ... brave? It's hard to put that scene into words. The second time was more playful. And Tig with a fake chest gave me the biggest laugh.

I hope this isn't a temporary thing, and Amazon keeps funding these top notch TV and movies. I was just thinking yesterday, how we're not getting much 'adventurous' filmmaking from the big studios. Yesterday, I watched this, Fear and Loathing, Elvis and Nixon, and was thinking about all the risky output from the 90's. WB has some interesting original movies coming (The Accountant). Anyways, Amazon is funding (and apparently leaving alone) Woody Allen, One Mississippi, The Tick, JCVJohnson, etc. They bought a Todd Solondz movie (Wiener Dog). Elvis and Nixon was a joy to watch. Netflix seemed to cap off their budget with the Marvel shows. Anyways, I hope it's not a temporary vanity project, and they're actually making money on this stuff and intend to keep funding it.

I've been noticing Ridley Scott's name on a lot of TV shows. HBO and FX are also putting out the best shows out there. Evil Dead on Starz. My point is: there's probably more I'm looking forward to on TV/streaming than theaters. I remember when the most anticipated thing on TV were the Stephen King miniseries. Times are changing.
Old 09-08-17, 06:50 AM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts
Re: One Mississippi (Amazon) -- C: Tig Notaro & Diablo Cody -- EP Louis C.K.

Season 2 is up on Amazon.

Love is in the air in when we pick back up with Tig (Tig Notaro), her stepfather Bill (John Rothman) and her brother Remy (Noah Harpster), living together again in the family's home in Mississippi. It's a season of new beginnings and new relationships for each of them, all of which test their personal status quo... as well as family boundaries. Tig resumes her radio career in Biloxi with producer Kate (Stephanie Allynne) by her side, though her outspoken point of view proves controversial for the local market. An opportunity to take a bigger stage in New Orleans comes with more reach, and also more responsibility. Season Two of One Mississippi stars Tig Notaro ("Tig Notaro: Boyish Girl Interrupted," "Transparent"), Noah Harpster ("Transparent,") John Rothman (Ghostbusters, The Devil Wears Prada), Sheryl Lee Ralph ("Ray Donovan," "Wicked"), Stephanie Allynne (In a World... , People Places Things) and Carly Jibson ("The Guest Book," "Hairspray").