Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Better Late Than Never (NBC) - Event Series - S: Shatner, Winkler, Forman, Bradshaw

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Better Late Than Never (NBC) - Event Series - S: Shatner, Winkler, Forman, Bradshaw

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-16, 06:53 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

HENRY WINKLER, WILLIAM SHATNER, TERRY BRADSHAW, GEORGE FOREMAN AND JEFF DYE EMBARK ON THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME A fun and entertaining adventure for all ages, "Better Late Than Never" features four celebrated stars - Henry Winkler, William Shatner, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman - taking the journey of a lifetime, traveling across Asia with comedian Jeff Dye as their sidekick and guide. The five will navigate their way through each city - communicating with the local population, immersing themselves in local traditions and enjoying exotic food - all the while dealing with the unexpected twists and frequently hilarious turns that any trip presents. The first stop on their six-city, four-country Asian tour is Tokyo, Japan, where they are immediately fish out of water and can't even find their way out of the train station. Highlights of their visit include staying at a capsule hotel, appearing on a popular Japanese morning show, trying crazy culinary delicacies and visiting the top of the world-famous Tokyo Tower. Then they are off to see Mt. Fuji on an unforgettable karaoke bus trip that completes the first leg of their life-changing, international excursion. TV-14 L
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c8K8DgXnV8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4 episode comedy event series.
Old 08-23-16, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Better Late Than Never (NBC) - Event Series - S: Shatner, Winkler, Forman, Bradsh

Ill watch.
Old 08-23-16, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Better Late Than Never (NBC) - Event Series - S: Shatner, Winkler, Forman, Bradsh

Didn't know about this but am watching now. Pretty entertaining so far.
Old 08-24-16, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Looks fun. I'm a travel show nut and this looks like it has travel show aspects to it. I saw the 1st 2 episodes are centered around Japan.
Old 08-24-16, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Shatner is the oldest of the group at 85 and to me he looks the best. The four guys feel like a weird mix but they're funny together. Really entertaining show and I'll watch the other three.
Old 08-26-16, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Saw this last night.

You could tell this is heavily scripted and pre-staged. No way any of that happens on a whim. But, it was fun. I didn't realize that Winkler, Shatner, Bradshaw and Foreman were even friends. They all come from very different circles in the entertainment world. I did like seeing them play fish out of water in Tokyo.

The young guy kind of feels out of place.
Old 08-26-16, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Ok, even though it's obviously scripted (at least as far as their "spontaneous" activities) it was pretty funny. It's no surprise that Winkler would be so popular since Japan had an obsession with 50's culture and thus would know him from Happy Days(among other things).

Wife and I will be watching the rest of the series.
Old 08-26-16, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Saw this last night.

You could tell this is heavily scripted and pre-staged. No way any of that happens on a whim. But, it was fun. I didn't realize that Winkler, Shatner, Bradshaw and Foreman were even friends. They all come from very different circles in the entertainment world. I did like seeing them play fish out of water in Tokyo.

The young guy kind of feels out of place.
I don't know that they were friends before this. I read somewhere that, I believe, Winkler and Shatner had never even met.

I liked the first episode. Regardless if they were friends before, they seem to be friends now. Jeff Dye does seem a bit out of place, until you realize that his role is simply to herd this group of old cats.
Old 08-27-16, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Watched it last night, that was entertaining. I like all 4 of those guys, which helps. Yeah, of course most is scripted/staged .. but it is for the most part funny as hell. Plus, some nice shots of Tokyo
Old 09-27-16, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for a 2nd season. New location TBD. A little surprised, but it was a fun 4 week show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-second-931945

The last episode that aired a few weeks ago with them traveling to Thailand was fun.

Winkler did kind of leave things open for them to go on another adventure during that final toast.

They mentioned in the episode that Terry was celebrating his 67th birthday. So it was shot a year ago. He turned 68 this year.

Terry is busy with NFL until February, so if they plan for this to air next year, it will probably have to be filmed right after the NFL season wraps.
Old 12-06-17, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk God

NBC's hit series "Better Late Than Never" is back for season two with more fun, comedy and adventure as the five globe-trotting stars - Henry Winkler, William Shatner, George Foreman, Terry Bradshaw and comedian Jeff Dye - set off on a wildly entertaining journey to Europe and North Africa. The five friends will immerse themselves in the culture, customs and traditions of each new destination - all the while dealing with the unexpected twists and frequently hilarious turns that any trip presents. Last year "Better Late Than Never" scored as the #1 new summer broadcast series in both adults 18-49 and total viewers, with an average 2.0 rating in 18-49 and 8.9 million persons in "live plus seven day" Nielsens. The series ran undefeated in both 18-49 and total viewers in its Tuesday 10 p.m. timeslot versus the hour's ABC and CBS competition. Henry Winkler, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron, Jason Ehrlich, Lisa Higgins, Alex Katz, Tina Bachmann, Tim Crescenti and Chul Yeon Kim are the executive producers. "Better Late Than Never" is produced by Universal Television Alternative Studio in association with Storyline Entertainment, Small World IFT and CJ E&M.

Season 2 preview. They're traveling to Europe. Special preview episode airs Monday. It's actually the 1st episode.

Season 2 is apparently 8 episodes. Looking like they're using it as filler during the Winter break.

A good friend of mines husband worked on season 2.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-12-17 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-07-17, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I enjoyed this last season. I'm in again to see what these old coots are up to.
Old 12-12-17, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

The 1st episode premiered last night.

Thought it was fun. Winkler mentioned that they hadn't seen each other in 2 years. The 1st season aired in Summer 2016, so the 1st season was probably filmed in 2015.

My friend's husband mentioned on Facebook when the embargo was lifted that he worked on this season this past Spring/Summer.

I at Shatner being a dick and not allowing photos or signing autographs to the fans who recognized him in Germany.

Again, very scripted, but still fun.

BTW, I hate how NBC promotes these shows sometimes. They called this a "Special Preview" and the "Series Premiere" is January 1st, however that will be the 2nd episode. Just a stupid and confusing way to promote this.