Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

BrainDead (CBS) -- From creators of The Good Wife -- S: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-13-16, 07:04 AM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

BRAINDEAD, from Robert and Michelle King, acclaimed creators and executive producers of THE GOOD WIFE, premieres Monday, June 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). The event series is a comic-thriller set in the world of Washington, D.C. politics that follows Laurel (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), a young, fresh-faced Hill staffer who discovers two things: the government has stopped working, and bugs are eating the brains of Congress members and Hill staffers.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Aaron Tveit as Gareth
· Beth Malone as Claudia
· Danny Pino as Luke
· Johnny Ray Gill as Gustav
· Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Laurel
· Nikki M. James as Rochelle
· Tony Shalhoub as Red Wheatus

CREW INFORMATION:
· David W. Zucker as EP
· Judy Smith as CO-EP
· Liz Glotzer as EP
· Michelle King as CRTR/EP
· Ridley Scott as EP
· Robert King as CRTR/EP
Old 06-13-16, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts
Re: BrainDead (CBS) -- From creators of The Good Wife -- S: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

I'll give this a shot for Winstead and Shalhoub.
Old 06-13-16, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BrainDead (CBS) -- From creators of The Good Wife -- S: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

the government has stopped working, and bugs are eating the brains of Congress members and Hill staffers.

So this is a documentary?
Old 06-13-16, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by markam
the government has stopped working, and bugs are eating the brains of Congress members and Hill staffers.

So this is a documentary?
15 posts in 13 years, needed to come back and post a political zinger.

Too obvious try again.
Old 06-13-16, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought this was pretty enjoyable. The tone was pretty different from any other show I have seen. I'm in.
Old 06-13-16, 10:33 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
15 posts in 13 years, needed to come back and post a political zinger.

Too obvious try again.
That was a cat walking on his keyboard.
Old 06-14-16, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap, I have to rewatch the episode and pay closer attention. People staring and The Cars song showed up more often than I originally noticed.
Old 06-14-16, 07:37 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Damm i hoped this was based on the Peter Jackson gore horror film
Old 06-14-16, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Damm i hoped this was based on the Peter Jackson gore horror film
I thought it was, too.
It was okay. Too damn many commercials. If I watch again, it will be recorded.
Old 06-15-16, 10:39 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

so is this going to go be a political version of 'They Live' ??
Old 06-16-16, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts

I kinda liked it - I'll stick with it. Though Winstead's was the only character I actually liked - everyone else was an asshole.

It's funny how they continued Good Wife's trend of not being able to reach people by cell phone. C'mon, in this day and age, there is no fucking excuse for not being able to get a hold of someone within an hour, especially a family member inside of a huge urban city.
Old 06-16-16, 05:13 PM

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

I am sad that the ratings for this were so low, as I really enjoyed the episode. Hopefully the time-shifted numbers are solid so it sticks around for a bit.
Old 06-18-16, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,447 Posts

I liked the first episode, I'll stick with it. It's on Amazon Prime, so no commercials is a plus.
Old 06-19-16, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts

I hope they keep posting to Amazon Prime. I liked the first episode but don't have a TV to watch it on.
Old 06-20-16, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Second episode was solid! I like that it's plot is moving forward and not stagnating.

I also loved the previously-on "song" - fucking hilarious!
Old 06-21-16, 10:15 AM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, they needed to pick up the pace a bit. It's always annoying waiting for the characters to catch up to what has been revealed to the audience. I thought this episode was better than the first.
Old 06-21-16, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Apparently the second episode had a 25% drop-off in ratings.
Old 06-21-16, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh man, I do want this show to thrive. But I doubt we'll get more than this initial season.
Old 06-21-16, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,159 Likes on 2,035 Posts

I haven't seen any ads for this at all. The only reason I know it exists is because of this thread. Otherwise I'd have no idea.
Old 06-21-16, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That first episode of this did nothing for me. Pretty boring with a very cliche reveal about it all being about organisms that come out of a meteor. But the comments about the second episode being better means I will give this a second chance. I too wonder if they realize this will likely be a one and done and will wrap everything up during this one season.
Old 06-21-16, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really enjoying it. I might need to re-watch episode 2 because my DirecTV lost signal halfway through the episode and i think I missed some plot points when a few scenes got garbled.

I am actually enjoying Danny Pino in this, despite not having really liked him in whatever procedural he was in before (Without a Trace?) I'm not familiar with the female lead, but I like her. She reminds me of a younger version of Carrie from Portlandia.

I loved the recap song!
Old 06-21-16, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I haven't seen any ads for this at all. The only reason I know it exists is because of this thread. Otherwise I'd have no idea.
They plugged it a lot on CBS.
Old 06-21-16, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They plugged it non-stop on CBS. Often multiple times during an episode of another series.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 06-23-16 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-22-16, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I'm really enjoying it. I might need to re-watch episode 2 because my DirecTV lost signal halfway through the episode and i think I missed some plot points when a few scenes got garbled.

I am actually enjoying Danny Pino in this, despite not having really liked him in whatever procedural he was in before (Without a Trace?) I'm not familiar with the female lead, but I like her. She reminds me of a younger version of Carrie from Portlandia.

I loved the recap song!
Mary Elizabeth Winstead was one of the leads on A&E's remake of "The Returned" I'm pretty sure you watched that.

Danny Pino is best known for his stint on Cold Case.
Old 06-23-16, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

She was also Scott's true love in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World:

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.