Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

"Bob Dylan All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track" Kindle Book $1.99, 5/24/2016

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

"Bob Dylan All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track" Kindle Book $1.99, 5/24/2016

Old 05-24-16, 12:33 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts

For Bob Dylan's 75th birthday, the Kindle book is $1.99 (normal Kindle book price is $19.99, print list price $50).

https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Dylan-All.../dp/B012OS1IK6

Amazon Kindle book sale usually runs a few days, but I don't know how long in this case.

"This tome is work of art and a labor of love covering nearly all of Bob Dylan's studio songs (originals and covers), a total of 492, from the early 1960s through 2015... Beautifully illustrated with many rare and familiar photos, the book concludes with a brief glossary of musical terms and densely packed index...VERDICT: A Dylan fan could live inside this book for weeks. Hard-core enthusiasts will be enthralled by the details of the many outtakes." ― Library Journal

"Meticulously researched" ― Buzzfeed

"A must for Dylan fans and those who enjoy folk music." ― Booklist

"...hardcore aficionados from the Grand Coulee Dam to the Capitol will be thrilled with its scope and intricacy." ― Miami Herald

"No self-respecting Dylan fan will want to miss Bob Dylan All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track by Jean-Michel Guesdon and Philippe Margotin....a must-read for trivia buffs." ― Acoustic Guitar

"...perhaps the most impressive book on the man ever produced..." ― Houston Press

"...the single most exhaustive, detailed, and complete account of every song Dylan ever wrote or recorded through 2015, and will likely be the only encyclopedic volume necessary for anyone with either the slightest interest in or full-blown obsession with Mr. Zimmerman." ― JamBands.com
Old 05-25-16, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: "Bob Dylan All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track" Kindle Book $1.99, 5/24/2

I flipped through the retail book at the store and it looked cool. To get the digital version for 2 bucks is a great deal. Thanks PSI!
Old 05-25-16, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts
Re: "Bob Dylan All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track" Kindle Book $1.99, 5/24/2

Sold. Thanks for the Heads-Uo
Old 05-25-16, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

It's pretty extensive. The glaring song discussion that is missing to me is "I'm Not There" from the original Basement Tapes. It's a song still shrouded in mystery. Overall, a killer deal that is still active.
Old 05-25-16, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Thanks for the tip!