Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Peanuts Movie

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-16, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Peanuts Movie

I'm looking forward to getting this on Tuesday (my username probably makes that obvious). Has anyone seen any info about a steelbook version? So far, the only collectible extra I've seen is the plush Flying Ace Snoopy that will be at Best Buy and Target.
Old 03-06-16, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Peanuts Movie

Originally Posted by snoopygirl
I'm looking forward to getting this on Tuesday (my username probably makes that obvious). Has anyone seen any info about a steelbook version? So far, the only collectible extra I've seen is the plush Flying Ace Snoopy that will be at Best Buy and Target.
Nothing to report on a steelbook edition being available, but just the extra plush toy for those BD/DVD/Digital HD versions/combo packs that are purchased through Wal-mart, Target and Best Buy.
Old 03-07-16, 12:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

the Target edition apparently has the toy and a bonus disc (25+ minutes of additional content) on a deluxe BD/DVD edition

Old 03-07-16, 03:29 AM
Suspended

So looking forward to the DVDs.
Old 03-07-16, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

Wondering exactly what's on the bonus disc? Might have to spring for the 3D edition early if it's anything good (assuming Target puts it with that edition.)
Old 03-07-16, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Wondering exactly what's on the bonus disc? Might have to spring for the 3D edition early if it's anything good (assuming Target puts it with that edition.)
Looks like it's only in the gift set version. Description of bonus content from the website :

Available Only at Target: Limited edition gift set includes Snoopy Flying Ace plush toy and Only at Target bonus DVD with over 25 minutes of extra content that takes you behind-the-scenes to meet the cast in the “The Voices of the Peanuts Movie” featurette, visits the Nickelodeon “Orange Carpet” to learn how an animated film is made with Owen Joyner from 100 Things to Do Before High School, and explains how to make cool stuff with 3 “Art of Dreaming Big” activities. Available while supplies last.
Sounds like kiddie stuff only.
Old 03-08-16, 03:02 AM
Cool New Member

DREAM BIG AND LAUGH ALONG with good ol' Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus and the rest of the beloved Peanuts gang as you've never seen them before ...
Old 03-09-16, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Sounds like kiddie stuff only.
Not if you're a big Peanuts fan

I got the gift box with plush at Target and upon arriving only 2 hours after the store opened, was surprised to find the shelf bare except for one lone copy (which I quickly grabbed). A number of other collectors said they couldn't find that edition at either Target or Best Buy so I'm not sure if they underestimated how many people wanted one, or if it's just hung up in distribution somewhere.

Did anyone get the BB with plush? Did it have its own "exclusive" disc or was that truly just Target?
Old 03-09-16, 05:48 PM

Went to 3 Targets yesterday, none had the set with the toy but I didn't care about that anyways, I tried to find a 3D edition with the bonus disc but struck out on that.
Old 03-09-16, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

I got Target the gift set yesterday at lunch. There were still several on the shelf. I went to a different Target today, and they also had several still in stock.

I didn't see any 3D Blu's at either store though.
Old 03-12-16, 12:53 AM

Broke down and bought the 3D edition without the bonus disc since it doesn't seem like there were any that came with one. Good news for 3D sales is that the first store I went to had sold out of them; I had to go to another location and they only had 2 left when I picked up one of them. So much for "nobody wants 3D". Wonder how it's sold compared to the UHD, which Target isn't carrying any of yet?
Old 03-12-16, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

That Snoopy plush looked like the cheapest piece of crap they could manufacturer. No thanks.

Will wait for next Fox Connect sale to pick up the 3D version (along with Fargo S2)
Old 03-12-16, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Broke down and bought the 3D edition without the bonus disc since it doesn't seem like there were any that came with one. Good news for 3D sales is that the first store I went to had sold out of them; I had to go to another location and they only had 2 left when I picked up one of them. So much for "nobody wants 3D". Wonder how it's sold compared to the UHD, which Target isn't carrying any of yet?
This statement means nothing unless you know how many they ordered. I seriously think they only had like 5 3D copies per store.
Old 03-12-16, 07:03 PM

They had at least 10 at the stores I checked beforehand- when I went back to one of them, all were gone. And that's at $5 more than the regular edition and without the bonus disc, so whoever bought them was specifically choosing 3D.