Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race (S28E04) -- "Get It Trending" -- 3/4/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-16, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Amazing Race (S28E04) -- "Get It Trending" -- 3/4/16

A ROMANCE BLOSSOMS BETWEEN TWO RACERS, AND TEAMS ARE CAUGHT IN ONE OF THE LARGEST-EVER FOOTRACES TO THE MAT FOR FIRST PLACE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE," FRIDAY, MARCH 4

"Get It Trending" (Geneva, Switzerland)
- A romance blossoms between two racers, and teams are caught in one of the largest-ever footraces to the mat for first place, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, March 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan)
is the host.

Remaining Teams in THE AMAZING RACE:

Tyler and Korey

Burnie and Ashley

Erin and Joslyn

Sheri and Cole

Zach and Rachel

Dana and Matt

Jessica and Brittany

Scott and Blair

Brodie and Kurt
Old 03-05-16, 03:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Amazing Race (S28E04) -- "Get It Trending" -- 3/4/16

Still not crazy about teams being allowed to tell other teams the answers to challenges.

It's one thing to work together on a challenge or to direct another team in the general direction of a location.

But we've always thought just blatantly telling some teams the answers is too manipulative. For those who argue that it's part of the social game, maybe so. But if it's just strategy used to eliminate tougher competition...sort of an impromptu U-Turn...we don't like it.

That said, can't blame teams for not helping the models with the flag challenge. As it was, they just narrowly missed catching the train. Any help might have saved those few precious minutes to allow them to catch up, and Scott & Blair could never have beaten them in the foot race at the end.
Old 03-05-16, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Still not crazy about teams being allowed to tell other teams the answers to challenges.

It's one thing to work together on a challenge or to direct another team in the general direction of a location.

But we've always thought just blatantly telling some teams the answers is too manipulative. For those who argue that it's part of the social game, maybe so. But if it's just strategy used to eliminate tougher competition...sort of an impromptu U-Turn...we don't like it.

That said, can't blame teams for not helping the models with the flag challenge. As it was, they just narrowly missed catching the train. Any help might have saved those few precious minutes to allow them to catch up, and Scott & Blair could never have beaten them in the foot race at the end.
Yeah, I've seen teams tell other single teams the answer. Never seen such a grouping of people passing the answer like a communal drink cup. I'm willing to bet a rule change happens next race because this "teaming up" resulted in nearly every team arriving at the same time. They've changed the rules before when teams cheated it out before.
Old 03-05-16, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not at all a fan of passing the answer along, though what struck me here was the un-thought out "Why not do it?" attitude of Brodie and Kurt. It seemed like one team was given the answer clearly, another one had it mouthed so they thought they heard it but weren't 100%, etc. Of course it was a disadvantage to the teams on that challenge who didn't get it, but also those three who assembled the knives, who should have had a bigger lead.

Not that it mattered, as the route allowed everyone to bunch up with each other except the models, and they almost made it on that train too. I know that routes can't ever be planned perfectly, but I hate when everyone gets pushed together like that and it seems as if the entire episode was a waste, or almost so, i.e. as long as a team didn't end up on that final train then it didn't really matter what they had done that day.
Old 03-05-16, 12:29 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Way too much time was spent on the stupid #blodie crap.
Old 03-05-16, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I kept waiting for Scott & Blair and the magician team to get a penalty, because it looked like they never got the clue at the fountain. I thought they just saw everyone else, and just followed. Apparently they did get the clue, but I was holding out hope for the models through the entire leg. It would have been funny for that cheery group to arrive, only for Phil to then penalize those teams and have to sweat it out.
Old 03-05-16, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I've never been a fan of teams teaming up to help each other since everyone teamed up and shared answers during Amazing Race: Unfinished Business to eliminate Jet & Cord. I agree that there should be a penalty for doing it since you didn't complete the task by yourself.

I just knew it was going to be a non-elimination leg, but then they eliminated the models. It seems like they are editing it better this year to really make you guess if there won't be an elimination.
Old 03-05-16, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

If #blodie were in the sack, would she scream "Daddy! Daddy!"?
Old 03-06-16, 05:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ ^ ^

You have a sick mind, dave.
Old 03-06-16, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Not liking this season one bit.

They are all just trying to be nice and not ruin there image. There is no villain, no one willing to say we not going to help because we want to win. That is what you get when you have all the people know eachother.

Plus add in no one "needs" to win because they all seam to already have money. Dull dull dull.
Old 03-06-16, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Jessica did get some help -

Joslyn - When we arrived at the UN, all of the teams ahead of us were still there and it seemed like it was kind of a mess as in people really struggling to figure out all of the flags. Immediately Blair and I teamed up, and quickly after Rachel came over to work with us. Blair and I had come up a streamlined system to finish the roadblock and we were sailing through it at lightning speed.

Right as we finished and were approved, Jessica came up to ask for help. (Apparently she’d been asking us to help her for a while, but I honestly did not hear her at all. I guess I was in total Race-zone and my hearing was turned off or something.) At any rate, I could tell she was upset so I gave her help with a flag I thought was correct (and that we’d really struggled with), only to later find out it actually threw her off her game and set her way back, which was not my intention. I still feel so bad about that!

Joselyn/Erin also talk about - Wasting Chocolate - Night-Time Talk - Models Race To Train - Chess Incident At Bench Detour - Money Exchange Problems -
http://tvline.com/2016/03/04/amazing...p-joslyn-erin/

Joslyn and Erin are giving their thoughts on each episode over at the TV Line website - up until they are eliminated from the race - well thats if they are eliminated. Since they are my team in the Amazing Race game here - I'm looking forward to reading their recap of their win in the finale!

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-06-16 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-06-16, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I've never been a fan of teams teaming up to help each other since everyone teamed up and shared answers during Amazing Race: Unfinished Business to eliminate Jet & Cord. I agree that there should be a penalty for doing it since you didn't complete the task by yourself.
For fairness I would like that, but the producers LOVE the fact that when teams work together it almost always builds contention...so I doubt those rules will change!

But I totally agree that it makes challenges like the one on this episode completely lose their edge.
Old 03-06-16, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't feel bad at all about the model's exit. Had they shown more hustle leading up to -- and during -- the flag challenge, they would have caught the same train as everyone else.

There should absolutely be a penalty for so blatantly giving away the answers. Seems extra-pronounced this season since so many of the teams were friends before the race even began. Guessing we'll see a lot more bunching and a lot more slowest-runner-to-mat loses episodes this season.
Old 03-06-16, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I'm the only one, but I see no difference between telling somebody "190" , guiding them to a heard to find Road Block, or giving other teams the key hint to how a challenge like that UN courtyard worked (how in the hell was that not obvious!). If teams are stupid enough to share info with more than one or two teams, that's on them. By now everybody playing should know there are almost always equalizers along the way (like the chocolate shop and those trains) to make sure as many teams as possible get bunched back up.

Would have been hilarious if the train with most of the teams got stuck in some way (doors won't open!) and the models ended up finishing first. Even with everybody not sharing the hint at the UN, if the models don't just casually walk though the train station, Blair and Dad go home!
Old 03-07-16, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Reality TV World: How long after Scott Fowler and Blair Fowler do you think you finally at the Pit Stop? Any idea how far your team was behind them?

Brittany Oldehoff: Yes, we were exactly one hour behind them by train.

Reality TV World: Were you absolutely certain you were in last place heading to the Pit Stop? Did you have any hope something could happen to another team?

Brittany Oldehoff: We actually knew that the teams were on the train and we couldn't get on the train. They didn't show it, but we didn't have tickets, so we weren't making the train no matter what. So we actually knew we were done. Prior to even the train connection, we knew.

Reality TV World: Yeah, I wanted to ask you more about the train connections. Because what we saw was you and Jessica walking up to the train you were about to miss and you weren't really hustling. All the teams were sitting on the train wondering if you were going to make it, and it seemed like you only missed it by a matter of seconds.

Brittany Oldehoff: Yeah, we talked to locals on the train and we thought about -- because we didn't have tickets. You have to get tickets at the connecting train. There was no way to buy tickets all the way through, or at least we thought. As it turns out, you were able to, but some gentleman helped us in Geneva. He helped get our tickets, and so I guess that was a mistake right there.

But at that point, we were so stressed out. However, what they showed was us walking to -- well, they didn't show it -- but they showed us walking to the stand to buy tickets. We weren't making that train! We knew it.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/e...1%29-19408.php

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-07-16 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-08-16, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i am watching the race more for the travel/location beauty than to pull for any particular team. Not a one of them really connected with me.

i do think it is bordering on stupid to blatantly give away the answers to any challenge, unless it is an agreed on alliance. why just hand out something and count on your ability to outrun in a footrace? you could slip in snow, trip, anything. these are a bunch of weirdos.

i would not feel comfortable getting my mack on in front of my dad. might as well invite him to join in. "rub Brodie's ass or something don't just lay there"
Old 03-08-16, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah I'm having a hard time caring for any of the teams since they're by definition a bunch of attention-seeking narcissists. It's the little things like the detour to the Victorinox shop to build a Swiss Army Knife that keep me watching. And I was hoping that one of the two beleaguered chess players would just haul off and sock someone.