DVD Talk
New Violent Femmes [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New Violent Femmes

Ky-Fi
02-24-16, 09:12 PM
I rank their debut as one of my all-time favorites, but I admit I haven't really kept up with their career. Just came across this new single, and really like it. Sounds like the old stuff mixed with a bit of Dylan:

https://youtu.be/KIa_L25kR3M

(huh..can't seem to embed it..)

The Infidel
02-25-16, 01:12 AM
It appears either DVD Talk or YouTube or a combination of both have a problem with i f r a m e.

(I had to spell it like that because it kept adding "-disabled" every time I tried to submit the comment.)

The Infidel
02-26-16, 07:20 AM
Figured out the embed:

KIa_L25kR3M

bralph
02-26-16, 01:19 PM
I listened to them regular up through New Times, and even saw them in concert once in college, so I guess I consider myself a fan... The single is pretty good and I will certainly check it out on Spotify when the entire thing is released. 2005 was their last full release though. It seems odd to have 11 years between releases.

GoVegan
02-26-16, 03:20 PM
I grew up in Milwaukee, so I saw them a few dozen times over the years.

I think since their last album they've been on and off as a band and have had issues with infighting among band members. I was a little disappointed that they lost Victor DeLorenzo from the band for this album, but I saw them performing Blister in the Sun with Stephen Colbert and the new drummer did a good job (playing one of those little round charcoal grills with brushes).

The Infidel
02-26-16, 04:05 PM
I saw them in concert this last summer with the new drummer. He gets the job done!

Ky-Fi
02-26-16, 06:05 PM
Thanks for embedding the vid, The Infidel.

Yeah, I'm digging this song a lot. It's like the Violent Femmes jumping into the studio when Dylan and the band took a break from recording Highway 61 Revisited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0