Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon question(adding to an order)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon question(adding to an order)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-00, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a way to add another item to an existing order. Do I have to call up or what? Thanks.
Old 09-25-00, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Vash:
Is there a way to add another item to an existing order. Do I have to call up or what? Thanks.<HR>

Create a new order, then combine the two. It'll adjust to reduce the shipping charges. However, you cannot combine any orders if gift certificates are involved. Someone did post somewhere that if you call them, you can add to an order that was placed with a GC.

------------------
Defender of the Other Forum
Old 09-25-00, 04:51 PM

At least for preorders, it may be better to initially order w/ a credit card, so you can combine them later w/ other orders(gc orders can't be combined), and then apply the gc's later on a few days before release date.
Old 09-25-00, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have several pre-orders (with different release dates) on the same order at Amazon, do they ship thd dvd as they are released (even if you have selected "ship all at once" option)?
Old 09-25-00, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Winky:
If you have several pre-orders (with different release dates) on the same order at Amazon, do they ship thd dvd as they are released (even if you have selected "ship all at once" option)?<HR>

No. They will ship when they are all released. The only exception will be if the last pre-ordered item becomes out of stock, then they'll probably send part of the order earlier.

------------------
Defender of the Other Forum
Old 09-26-00, 03:17 PM

You can convert GC items (non-promo) back to CC by entering a new card (erase your old and enter it again).

On my account I also have a "check / money order" option, but for some reason, my friend's account doesn't, weird.

As for order splitting, I had 10 items I ordered split into 6 different packages, amazon can be like that at times.

And yes, I had "ship when all ready" selected, and wasn't charged for the additional shipments.
Old 09-26-00, 04:04 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by namja:

No. They will ship when they are all released. The only exception will be if the last pre-ordered item becomes out of stock, then they'll probably send part of the order earlier.

<HR>

There is no rhyme or reason to this. I have two mammoth orders (each approximately $1,000) for this year that grew as I combined orders with them. I always ask them to ship when complete, but they always ship at no additional charge anyway. Each order is made up entirely of preorders, but sometimes they ship items "on hand" immediately, at other times "on hand" items languish for a month.