Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Received Scream Box set today from Buy.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Received Scream Box set today from Buy.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-00, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks, Buy.com is shipping Scream now! I received my box set today, Friday 9/22. Two out of the three movie discs have labels pasted over their UPC codes that says "Not for individual sale". The 4th bonus disk does not have a UPC label at all, i guess it's because it is a bonus. There is also a 23 page booklet included which has production notes as well as pics of the R.I.P. cast members. Pretty cool in all!!!
Old 09-23-00, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bah...should've seen this coming after all of my good buy.com experiences. Mine is still showing "Sent to Warehouse" status. I was hoping to get those by this weekend, but after some of the POTA box set horror stories I've seen, I might be lucky to get Scream within a couple of months.
Old 09-23-00, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still waiting for mine. Pre-ordered it a couple of months ago... hopefully I'll get it today!
Old 09-23-00, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still waiting for my copy to ship also!!! Their site will probably update itself sometime today to reflect shipment!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/dvd_list.a...46%40aol%2Ecom

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 09-23-00, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just received confirmation via their website....Scream Trilogy and Three Wishes shipped yesterday!!!!

C'mon Terminator...let us know that your stuff shipped!!! Seems like you have been waiting awhile for your Buy preorders!!!

------------------

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 09-23-00, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So do they look just like the original's? Or are they different?
Old 09-23-00, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

djones7646
These titles shipped yesterday:

final destination 09/22
scream trilogy 09/22
Old 09-23-00, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by terminator911:
djones7646
These titles shipped yesterday:

final destination 09/22
scream trilogy 09/22
<HR>

Hey Terminator!!! Congratulations on your preorders which were shipped on time!!!

BTW...who is djones7646?

------------------

Barney Fife
Old 09-23-00, 08:32 PM

Is there any kind of rebate offer for someone who already has the Scream 1: Collector's Edition? It seems like the first disc from that trilogy is same as the collector's edition.

I loved all three movies and was planning on getting Scream 3 when I saw this trilogy which had Scream 2 with commentaries. (I rarely buy any DVDs without commentaries, that is why I do not have Scream 2 in my DVD collection)

And they do not sell Scream 2: Collector's Edition separately yet. So my only option to get it is to buy the trilogy which includes something I already have.

So, those of you that already received it, is there like a couple inside the box or anything?
Old 09-24-00, 12:13 AM

Here is a rundown on the contents of my Scream box set:

Scream - Collectors Series. This is the same Collectors series version that is available for purchase as a single item. This dvd keepcase has the sticker "Not for individual Sale" stuck over the UPC code.

Scream 2 - Collectors Series. This version has deleted scenes, film commentary with Wes Craven and cast, TV spots, Theatrical trailer, 2 music videos, behind the scenes featurette, Cast and Crew bios, etc. This version is enhanced for 16x9 televisions. This version is NOT available for purchase separately currently, hence there is no label stuck covering the UPC code.

Scream 3 - Collectors Series. This is the same version that is available for purchase as a single item. This dvd keepcase has a sticker pasted over the UPC code that says "Not for individual sale".

The 4th disc is called "Scream - exclusive bonus DVD/DVD-ROM". The dvd portion contains behind the scenes documentary, outtakes from Scream, the cutting room, Screen tests for Neve Campbell, Jamie Kennedy, Skeet Ulrich, Sunrise Studio trailers. The dvd-rom portion contains Scream trivia game, Scream character web, ScreamSaver, Scream 3 website, Screamplay and shot list. This disk is NOT available for purchase as a separate item.

In addition there is a separate 23 page booklet that has an overview of the trilogy and summaries of the 3 movies with R.I.P. pics of the dead cast members.

Hope this explains it all!
Old 09-24-00, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought the 4th disc was supposed to have a scene-editing workshop. ???
Old 09-24-00, 01:11 AM

Yes, "The cutting room" part is on the 4th disc, which is a scene editing workshop. I have only watched Scream, haven't gotten to the 4th disc yet...
Old 09-24-00, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just hope it's better than the one on the Men In Black: LE dvd. That one sucked, and didn't even need to be on the disc.
Old 09-24-00, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by aob505:
I just hope it's better than the one on the Men In Black: LE dvd. That one sucked, and didn't even need to be on the disc.<HR>

It is
Old 09-24-00, 11:58 AM

So there is no rebate option... oh well. I might still buy it, I still want Scream 2 & 3, and the 4th Disc looks cool too

I can sell off the first disc or give it as a present I suppose.
Old 09-24-00, 06:10 PM

I got mine yesterday, and it is great. Buy.com always gets me my orders before street b/c I am one of the lucky ones who lives by an Ingram warehouse.
BTW- Mad Dawg, why wouldn't yours show "Still at Warehouse"? It is supposed to b/c street isn't until Tues. Why shoot down good old Buy, when they aren't even late on the item yet?
Old 09-24-00, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by terminator911:
These titles shipped:

final destination 09/22
scream trilogy 09/22
<HR>

Same here. Looks like we will be enjoying the same movies Monday. I will definately be watching Final Destination Monday night if it arrives.

------------------
DVDjunkie21's DVD List l My Pic
Go Bucs!
Old 09-25-00, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by elnutsacko:
BTW- Mad Dawg, why wouldn't yours show "Still at Warehouse"? It is supposed to b/c street isn't until Tues. Why shoot down good old Buy, when they aren't even late on the item yet?<HR>

Yeah, you're right. I haven't had one problem with buy.com in the time that I've used them, and then I bad-mouthed them for not shipping something that I really shouldn't even get till Tuesday. I think hanging out at this board is making me demand too much from these companies. Plus, I feel even worse that I got an e-mail saying that they shipped it on Friday about 10 minutes after I wrote this. I'll have to bite my tongue in the future. Buy is still the best around, IMHO.

Old 09-25-00, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine today and it is great. Buy.com always gets me my orders before street.

Old 09-25-00, 07:56 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by elnutsacko:
I got mine yesterday, and it is great. Buy.com always gets me my orders before street b/c I am one of the lucky ones who lives by an Ingram warehouse.
BTW- Mad Dawg, why wouldn't yours show "Still at Warehouse"? It is supposed to b/c street isn't until Tues. Why shoot down good old Buy, when they aren't even late on the item yet?
<HR>

Where is this Ingram warehouse? I live in OC, CA too - will I get my pre-orders before street too???
Old 09-25-00, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Scream Boxed Set came today!!!! Cannot ask for better service.....

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

Barney Fife
Old 09-25-00, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My brother got his today too from buy.com, and his box included 4 copies of Scream 2. This happen to anyone else? Anyone have any suggestions?

'E
Old 09-26-00, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Evolution:
My brother got his today too from buy.com, and his box included 4 copies of Scream 2. This happen to anyone else? Anyone have any suggestions?

'E
<HR>

Wow!!! That is weird!!! Definitely an error on the part of the packaging company!!! Return it for another copy!!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

Barney Fife
Old 09-26-00, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Scream box arrived from Buy.com yesterday.

There was not one, but TWO, broken hubs in the keepcases. The Scream 2 and the Bonus disc had broken hubs and the plastic was rattling around in there with the disc.

The discs look a little scuffed but not scratched so hopefully they will play correctly. I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it to Buy and I figure I can get replacement keepcases.

Did anyone else's come broken?

------------------
"That Barney Rubble...What an actor!"
Jadzia/Pikul
Old 09-26-00, 11:30 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by blakwngbrd:
Where is this Ingram warehouse? I live in OC, CA too - will I get my pre-orders before street too??? <HR>

Blakwngbrd-
There is one in Fullerton, and one in Santa Ana too. I am not positive about the Santa Ana one though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.