Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

That's it, I officially hate BUY.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

That's it, I officially hate BUY.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-00, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
URG! SO I've been waiting for my REEL.com orders since July and every week I call them up and they say they don't have a record of my order. Today I got an email saying the order number I've given them belongs to Robert Saunders. WTF is Robert Saunders? I want my DVD's already, it's almost October!!!
Old 09-23-00, 03:55 PM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry to tell you this, Robert, but I think you're screwed.
Old 09-23-00, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You know Robert, You have been screwed for 6 months, You better prepare to go to war with buy.com, call 20 times a day, yell, curse, and threaten buy.com and they may bring back your orders, to the correct name.

Now that you have seen the light, what e-tailer will you try now?!

------------------

"Your reaction is better than I had hoped....."

Legato Bluesummers - TRIGUN
Old 09-23-00, 10:20 PM
Cool New Member

Hey Buy.com may not ship on time ,they may lose orders, they may lie to customers and they may have the worst customer service known to man... BUT!!! their DVD's are a buck cheaper so it's GOTTA be worth it!!! Why else would anyone buy from these clowns!!!!
Old 09-23-00, 11:28 PM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jlemoine:
Hey Buy.com may not ship on time ,they may lose orders, they may lie to customers and they may have the worst customer service known to man... BUT!!! their DVD's are a buck cheaper so it's GOTTA be worth it!!! Why else would anyone buy from these clowns!!!! <HR>

Ok....they have the BEST CS around. You get an email response, very informative within 12 hours usually. I get things that I order w/ regular shipping overnight instead (scream box shipped yesterday, got it today)...

They have coupons...

promotions...

free shipping...

What else do you want? They are the ONLY place I buy online for DVD's.

------------------
Just started a month ago but already have 40 owned and 20 more on pre-order. That is crazy!
Old 09-24-00, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by jlemoine:
Hey Buy.com may not ship on time ,they may lose orders, they may lie to customers and they may have the worst customer service known to man... BUT!!! their DVD's are a buck cheaper so it's GOTTA be worth it!!! Why else would anyone buy from these clowns!!!! <HR>

I'd have to disagree. Buy.com can never approach the level of Amazon for poor customer service and slow shipping. If there were no Amazon GC, no one would deal with this loser company. And lower prices is definitely not a reason for shopping at Amazon either.
Old 09-24-00, 11:49 AM

Vash,

Let me see if I understand the situation. You had an order with Reel. Reel closes shop and transfers all their orders to buy.com. Your order never shows up at buy.com. You contact buy.com and they tell you they have not received your order from Reel.com. You send them an order number and they tell you they have an order with that number but the order is for another person.

If I've got this correct, clearly something has gone wrong. It seems that Reel never sent your order to buy.com, or at least buy.com never received it. What do you expect buy.com to do? Why do you assume that the fault is with buy.com instead of Reel? I assume that whatever was on the order was a low price and/or coupons, or you would simply order the stuff again. Have you contacted Reel? Have they acknowledged that the order existed? Have you asked them to send the order to buy.com?

Mike
Old 09-24-00, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vash, you may want to contact a CSR by the name of Siema, who helped me out with my last 2 Reel.com orders. Thanks to her help I am now complete and quite satisfied with her level of professionalism and concern.

She can be reached at:

1-877-880-1030
Press "1" when prompted
Enter extension "2366" to get to her.

Let us know how you make out.

------------------
Frequently doing the undoable...
Old 09-24-00, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey Mike, I transferred my order to Buy.com when I recieved the email stating to do so. I know that they have to have my order because they sent me two emails saying 2 DVD's in that order were canceled because they don't carry those disks. How else would they know to cancel it if they had no record? What makes things worse is I used a $100 GC that I bought with my own money so I can't just let this blow over and reorder. I'll call up Siema, as Speedy suggested, on Monday and hopefully she'll be able to help.
Old 09-24-00, 02:40 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Buy.com lost my business with the Evil Dead 2: LE fiasco.

------------------
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.