Re: Supergirl (S1E12) -- "Bizarro" -- 2/1/16

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://comicbook.com/2016/02/03/the-...girl-in-march/

The Flash crossover is now official. Will air in March
sweet!
Old 02-03-16, 01:17 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

So, will this be a last ditch effort to boost the ratings? How likely is CBS to renew this? Or move it to The CW? I don't think they'd mind having another DC show on the network next year to do a crossover week with. It seems to be doing better in the ratings than Limitless.
Old 02-03-16, 01:25 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

At least for now, the crossover will be one-way only. While it’s likely at least in part a matter of budget (Supergirl is more expensive than The Flash), we’ve been told by sources close to the two shows that the in-universe reason is that Barry Allen/The Flash (Gustin) is able to cross dimensions while, at least for now, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) cannot. Before fans cry foul, that’s keeping with the current storyline on The Flash, which deals with the aftermath of a dimensional rift opened between “Earth One” and “Earth Two” that is connected to The Flash’s super-speed superpowers.
http://deadline.com/2016/02/supergir...ch-1201695796/
Old 02-03-16, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So in this whole theory that there's different universes for both the DC-TV universe and cinematic universe, we now get that Supergirl is in her own different dc-tv universe?

They seriously just need to make up their fucking mind about all this stuff. Because the Supergirl universe sounds like it's connected to the cinematic universe in the way they talk about how Superman leaves a path of destruction in Metropolis behind him, but then they don't want to fully commit to having her be part of that cinematic universe.
Old 02-03-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I really need to start watching The Flash.

I'm glad to hear of a crossover, and the explanation makes perfect sense to me. As for universes, I don't see the point of people so intent on fitting a particular version of Superman in to her universe. Until there's something official, Superman doesn't really matter a whole lot to me.
Old 02-03-16, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

There are 3 separate DC tv universes

CW (Flash, Arrow)
Fox (Gotham)
CBS (Supergirl)
Old 02-03-16, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

You forgot that Constantine (NBC) also fit into CW's universe. For at least one episode.
Old 02-03-16, 03:44 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Flash/Supergirl race?

You know this has to happen because everything Superman has done the Supergirl writers seem to be co-opting to have Supergirl do it first.

Last edited by Eric F; 02-03-16 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-03-16, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts
Flash and Supergirl having a crossover episode in March

Amazing news today:

The Flash & Supergirl Crossover Officially Confirmed
Russ Burlingame- 02/03/2016

After months of rumors, ComicBook.com has learned that Grant Gustin will appear on Supergirl in his role as Barry Allen/The Flash next month.

Gustin will head to National City on the series' March 28 episode, the details of which haven't yet been released.

"We are so incredibly excited to announce something that we have dreamed of happening since we starting making Supergirl – The Flash and Supergirl are teaming up!,” said The Flash and Supergirl Executive Producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. “We want to thank Grant Gustin for making the time to come visit (on top of his already immense workload) and all of the folks at CBS, The CW, Warner Bros. and DC for working this out. And finally thanks to the fans and journalists who have kept asking for this to happen. It is our pleasure and hope to create an episode worthy of everyone's enthusiasm and support.”
http://comicbook.com/2016/02/03/the-...girl-in-march/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5tRKUO5jAhk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-03-16, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Flash and Supergirl having a crossover episode in March

Fantastic news.
Old 02-03-16, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Old news
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/630...-2-1-16-a.html
Old 02-03-16, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Great news but it signals that CBS is doing everything possible to prop up Supergirl's ratings. I know the Flash's producing team could write a good episode featuring Supergirl in a snap. Nothing we've seen from Supergirl's writing team indicates they have the slightest idea how to handle the Flash properly. Their knowledge of the DC Universe and handling comic book characters is spotty at best.

Fans will want to see them race but I don't expect a direct competition for this crossover. I doubt they let Supergirl lose on her own show.

Hopefully it turns out fun.
Old 02-04-16, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Eric F
Flash/Supergirl race?

You know this has to happen because everything Superman has done the Supergirl writers seem to be co-opting to have Supergirl do it first.
They've barely used Supergirl's super-speed on the show. Kryptonians in her universe don't run much faster than a bullet train, apparently.
Old 02-04-16, 12:03 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They've barely used Supergirl's super-speed on the show. Kryptonians in her universe don't run much faster than a bullet train, apparently.
That doesn't matter- they'll roll it out here. There's not much continuity- the writers do whatever's convenient for the episode.
Old 02-04-16, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Great news but it signals that CBS is doing everything possible to prop up Supergirl's ratings. I know the Flash's producing team could write a good episode featuring Supergirl in a snap. Nothing we've seen from Supergirl's writing team indicates they have the slightest idea how to handle the Flash properly. Their knowledge of the DC Universe and handling comic book characters is spotty at best.

Fans will want to see them race but I don't expect a direct competition for this crossover. I doubt they let Supergirl lose on her own show.

Hopefully it turns out fun.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/sup...ins-flash.html

The script was written by Berlanti and Kreisberg. Kreisberg is Flash's showrunner and we all know who Berlanti is. I'm sure it will be a very entertaining crossover. I'm betting part of this deal involves The CW heavily promoting the Supergirl episode on CBS.
Old 02-04-16, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

They've done this before between Clark and Barry in the cartoons and what not plenty of times.

More than likely they'll just start the race and like usual, get interrupted by the villain or make the winner a vague outcome.
Old 02-04-16, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am guessing I need to watch the previous supergirl episodes so I know what is going on when Barry shows up?
Old 02-04-16, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Neat. Love the Flash getting more exposure. I guess I'll be watching another episode of Supergirl after all.
Old 02-04-16, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I am guessing I need to watch the previous supergirl episodes so I know what is going on when Barry shows up?
It will probably be a pretty standalone episode.
Old 02-04-16, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
If you want to know the context of much of the dialogue, yes. The cross overs I have seen with Arrow/Flash have been hard to follow if you don't know where they are at with all the supporting characters before watching only the one episode. So many ongoing story lines.

It's not impossible to enjoy the one cross-over without seeing the others. But no doubt those that have seen the others will enjoy it more.
Old 02-04-16, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Re: The Flash and Supergirl having a crossover episode in March on CBS

Kara Zor-El and Barry Allen both ate it in 1985's Crisis On Infinite Earths, never to return.

30 years later, both of them have their own TV shows, and are crossing over with each other.

Apparently the Anti-Monitor hits like a little girl...
Old 02-04-16, 11:50 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

DC could really be killing it if they had the one universe for all their TV shows and movies
Old 02-04-16, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I think the only thing they would be killing would be the storytelling potential of either the films or the TV shows.
Old 02-04-16, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/sup...ins-flash.html

The script was written by Berlanti and Kreisberg. Kreisberg is Flash's showrunner and we all know who Berlanti is. I'm sure it will be a very entertaining crossover. I'm betting part of this deal involves The CW heavily promoting the Supergirl episode on CBS.
That sounds good in theory, Kreisberg has the best understanding of these DC characters on Berlanti's shows. I worry about network interference more than their ability to handle the crossover.

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
They've done this before between Clark and Barry in the cartoons and what not plenty of times.

More than likely they'll just start the race and like usual, get interrupted by the villain or make the winner a vague outcome.
Supergirl as a show has been all about "girl power" and I would doubt they allow a guesting male superhero to whip her in a race. Remember that Supergirl's intended target demo on CBS doesn't know the Flash from Captain America.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.