Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agent Carter (S2E04) -- "Smoke & Mirrors" -- 2/2/16

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-16, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Marvel's Agent Carter (S2E04) -- "Smoke & Mirrors" -- 2/2/16

AGENT PEGGY CARTER GOES HEAD TO HEAD WITH WHITNEY FROST, ON "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

"Smoke and Mirrors" - Agent Carter and the SSR learn there's more than just a pretty face behind Hollywood star Whitney Frost, Peggy's most dangerous foe yet, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes, and Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson.

Guest starring are Currie Graham as Calvin Chadwick, Kurtwood Smith as Vernon Masters, Chris Browning as Rufus Hunt, Carole Ruggier as Mrs. Carter, Gabriella Graves as young Peggy Carter, Webb Baker Hayes as young Michael Carter, Ivy George as young Agnes Cully, Olivia Welch as teen Agnes Cully, Samaire Armstrong as Wilma Cully, Chris Mulkey as Uncle Bud, Max Brown as Michael Carter, Christopher Grove as Mr. Edwards, Catriona Toop as Bletchley girl #1, Jennifer Neala Page as Bletchley girl #2, Kevin Changaris as Fred Wells, Jonathan Lavallee as FBI Agent, Andrew Carter as Ned Silver, Khalilah Joi as ticket lady and Tamika Katon-Donegal as Mabel.

"Smoke and Mirrors" was written by Sue Chung and directed by David Platt.

Episode 4 of 10
Old 02-03-16, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S2E04) -- "Smoke & Mirrors" -- 2/2/16

This show is very uneven. I was bored to death with the previous episode but really enjoyed this one. The flashbacks were insightful and well done for both characters.
Old 02-03-16, 01:34 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

I'm just bored in general with this. I wish they would've moved the show into a different era.
Old 02-03-16, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

The ratings this go-around haven't been that great, way under performing what Agents of SHIELD does in the slot. I've seen speculation that ABC plans to replace this next year with another short Marvel-related mini-show.
Old 02-04-16, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm treating this season like a mini-movie. Don't expect it back, but been enjoying it so far.
Old 02-04-16, 08:36 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The ratings this go-around haven't been that great, way under performing what Agents of SHIELD does in the slot. I've seen speculation that ABC plans to replace this next year with another short Marvel-related mini-show.
I think it would be a great idea to do Marvel mini/event series inbetween the break. The show/characters can change from year to year.
Old 02-04-16, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've loved both seasons, so I'm bummed the ratings have been poor.
Old 02-04-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

the thing that seems weird to me, is they are going into depth about dark matter stuff here, but we've not really had any exploration of that or even mention (i think) in the present day marvel stuff. i know they are using this to bridge some of the dr. strange stuff, but just seems weird to me.
Old 02-04-16, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

So unfortunate that this is getting such low ratings. For my money Atwell/Carter is the best actor/character on TV right now. Yeah, the rest of the show could use some improvements, but there are far worse shows that get far better ratings.
Old 02-04-16, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
So unfortunate that this is getting such low ratings. For my money Atwell/Carter is the best actor/character on TV right now. Yeah, the rest of the show could use some improvements, but there are far worse shows that get far better ratings.
Right on. It's a fun show and Atwell is easy on the eyes.
Old 02-04-16, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I think both Atwell and D'arcy are great on the show. Though I guess we never really will get to the origin of SHIELD at this point, will we?
Old 02-05-16, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
the thing that seems weird to me, is they are going into depth about dark matter stuff here, but we've not really had any exploration of that or even mention (i think) in the present day marvel stuff. i know they are using this to bridge some of the dr. strange stuff, but just seems weird to me.
Unless epguides.com has the wrong info SHIELD returns before Agent Carter ends. For two weeks both shows air back-to-back on Tuesday. Maybe the storylines will overlap.
Old 02-05-16, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
Unless epguides.com has the wrong info SHIELD returns before Agent Carter ends. For two weeks both shows air back-to-back on Tuesday. Maybe the storylines will overlap.
What happened is that Agent Carter was supposed to debut on Jan. 5th. But the State Of the Union address on the 12th made ABC reschedule the debut to the 19th. So right now the show is 2 weeks behind the original schedule.

The problem is that when SHIELD returns on the 8th, it's bringing two new shows with it (The Real O'Neals and Of Kings And Prophets). So Carter will either have back to back 2 hour blocks to end the season, or two of the episodes will air on a different night. ABC hasn't released the schedule yet.

Sounds like epguides.com shifted Carter by 2 weeks, and just assumed it would end two weeks later (the 15th).
Old 02-05-16, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like the cross over to Shield could by Hydra given the logo on the pin. And possibly the monoliths and the other planet they sends people to.
Old 02-05-16, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Seems like the cross over to Shield could by Hydra given the logo on the pin. And possibly the monoliths and the other planet they sends people to.
Given what transpired in the first half of AoS this season, I'm positive that you are correct. I don't think they're trying to be subtle about it.