Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agent Carter(S2E01/02) - "The Lady in the Lake/A View in the Dark" - 1/19/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agent Carter(S2E01/02) - "The Lady in the Lake/A View in the Dark" - 1/19/16

Old 01-19-16, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

LIGHTS, CAMERA, AGENT PEGGY CARTER!

PEGGY HEADS TO HOLLYWOOD TO HELP INVESTIGATE A MYSTERY, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

"Marvel's Agent Carter" returns for a second season of adventure and intrigue, starring Hayley Atwell in the titular role of the unstoppable agent for the SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), TUESDAY, JANUARY 19 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network. Dedicated to the fight against new Atomic Age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home - and perhaps even a new love - she's about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect.

In the season premiere episode, "The Lady in the Lake," Peggy moves to the City of Angels to help Chief Daniel Sousa at the West Coast Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR) investigate a bizarre homicide involving an alleged killer and Isodyne Energy, and reunites with some familiar faces.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes, and Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson.

Guest starring are Currie Graham as Calvin Chadwick, Lotte Verbeek as Ana Jarvis, Lesley Boone as Rose, Sarah Bolger as Violet, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Sean O'Bryan as Det. Andrew Henry, John Gilbert as elderly teller, Kurtwood Smith as Vernon Masters, Edward Deraney as SSR agent #1, Kevin Ashworth as Agent Fisher, Angela Cristantello as receptionist, Bruce Katzman as medical examiner, Alex Alcheh as rookie cop, Matt Braunger as SSR lab tech and Jonathan Lavallee as commanding officer.

"The Lady in the Lake" was written by Brant Englestein and directed by Lawrence Trilling.

Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Chris Dingess, Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Stan Lee and Jeph Loeb are executive producers. "Marvel's Agent Carter" is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

AGENT PEGGY CARTER UNCOVERS SECRETS THAT PUT EVERYONE IN PERIL, ON "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

"A View in the Dark" - Peggy discovers her murder investigation has huge ramifications that can destroy her career, as well as everyone near and dear to her, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," TUESDAY, JANUARY 19 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Enver Gjokaj as Chief Daniel Sousa, Wynn Everett as Whitney Frost, Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes, and Chad Michael Murray as Chief Jack Thompson.

Guest starring are Currie Graham as Calvin Chadwick, Lotte Verbeek as Ana Jarvis, Lesley Boone as Rose, Sarah Bolger as Violet, Angela Cristantello as receptionist, Carl Crudup as Frank, Chris Browning as Rufus Hunt, Nick Hoffa as restaurant owner, Robert Buscemi as concierge, Ray Wise as Hugh Jones, Brian Glanney as Agent Ford, Patrick Quinlan as EMT and Kirby Lauryen as singer.

"A View in the Dark" was written by Eric Pearson & Lindsey Allen and directed by Lawrence Trilling.

10 episode 2nd season

2 episodes are airing back to back tonight. This will fill the void until Shield comes back in March.
Old 01-19-16, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Marvel's Agent Carter(S2E01/02) - "The Lady in the Lake/A View in the Dark" - 1/1

Also, FYI, there is a 1 hour Captain America turns 75 special at 8pm. Set your DVRs!

CAPTAIN AMERICA TURNS 75!

CELEBRATE ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST ICONIC HEROES IN THE ORIGINAL SPECIAL "MARVEL'S CAPTAIN AMERICA: 75 HEROIC YEARS," JANUARY 19 ON ABC

From his first appearance in 1941 through the 75 years that would follow, Captain America has been one of, if not the most, influential comic book characters ever to be created. Take a look back at the history of this beloved Marvel character and see how his influence continues to have impact today in the original special "Marvel's Captain America: 75 Heroic Years," airing TUESDAY, JANUARY 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network.

New York, 1940. A new era on the horizon. Little did the world know then that this decade would shape the course of history in ways never before seen. But two men, who walked those New York streets, a pair of artists and creators, had a strong feeling of what was to come. They were Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, two first-generation Jewish-Americans who believed in their country, believed that the atrocities taking place in Europe needed to be answered, and most importantly, they believed in freedom. And it was an image of freedom that they would create...

Captain America has been the moral compass that has inspired generations to do better and believe in more than themselves. Whether it be leading The Avengers or fighting for his beliefs, even when it meant taking sides against those closest to him during Marvel's Civil War, "Cap" has been a beacon of light in the Marvel Universe and a central figure in the vast and dynamic world that Marvel fans know and celebrate today.

This special, one-hour event follows the history of Captain America from 1941 to present and explores how the character has been a reflection of the changing times and the world he has existed in throughout the years. Fans will hear from various Marvel luminaries including Stan Lee, Joe Quesada, Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Jeph Loeb, Louis D'Esposito, Chris Evans and Hayley Atwell, as well as family members of Cap's creators. "Marvel's Captain America: 75 Heroic Years" will also unveil an exclusive announcement from Marvel Comics.

"Marvel's Captain America: 75 Heroic Years" is directed by Zak Knutson and produced by Bow and Arrow Entertainment. Executive producers on the project include Jeph Loeb, Jim Chory, John Cerilli. Harry Go, Matthew Perniciaro, Michael Sherman and Matthew Mandarino. The special will be broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.
Old 01-19-16, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter(S2E01/02) - "The Lady in the Lake/A View in the Dark" - 1/1

That's a "Cap" special, a "Supes V Bats" special, and a "Legends" special all in one night ...and I'll be there for all of them.
Old 01-19-16, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking forward to all of the above.
Old 01-19-16, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm looking forward to this show again!
Old 01-19-16, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

That's Graviton at the end of the first episode, right?
Old 01-19-16, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

She's back!!!

Old 01-20-16, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Glad we were able to get a 2nd season, but rough start looks like

"Marvel's Agent Carter" is back on ABC, but it looks like some of the show's first season viewers didn't return. Tuesday night's two-hour second season premiere attracted a 0.9 overnight rating in the key 18-49 demo and 3.1 million viewers overall, as reported by Variety. That's down from a 1.3 rating and 4 million viewers for its February 2015 first season finale.

It's important to remember that, like last season, "Agent Carter" will likely see a significant boost in delayed DVR numbers. According to figures cited by Variety, "Agent Carter" gained a 60 percent bump in 18-49 last season with live plus-7 numbers factored in, along with a 52 percent gain in total viewers.
Old 01-20-16, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not surprised, Tuesday in particular seems busy with shows.

I only watched the first hour. Fun to see her back, and i'm glad they're continuing the Dottie thing opposed to just considering her captured and moving on.
Old 01-20-16, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

This show is still a lot more fun to watch than Agents of SHIELD. Last night I was tired, but I was into it and wanted to finish the episode. Half the time when I try to watch Agents of SHIELD, I get tired and turn if off halfway thru to go to bed.
Old 01-20-16, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm not surprised, Tuesday in particular seems busy with shows.
Here's the ratings grid from last night

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...y-jan-19-2016/

There's a lot of stuff on fighting for viewers. Agent Carter just doesn't seem to have the fanbase to compete with everything else. I'm sure it's a heavily DVR'd and streamed show though.
Old 01-20-16, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Did anyone watch the Captain America special that preceded this? It was okay. It was a little dry though. I did think it was informative of Cap's origins in the comics. Probably would have been better as a DVD extra.
Old 01-20-16, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be catching up with this on the DVR, enjoyed season 1
Old 01-20-16, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm digging the change of locale but is there some unwritten rule that every period piece set in LA must include a scene at the Griffith Observatory? I also appreciate the fact that Mrs. Jarvis isn't being portrayed as some jealous, overbearing spouse.
Old 01-20-16, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I did think it was informative of Cap's origins in the comics. Probably would have been better as a DVD extra.
*Sigh*

Remember when DVDs & (The early) Bds used to always do these for their special features? Now, all we get are 2-minute featurettes that has the cast and crew always telling the same story of how the stakes are raised with each movie (Which always end up being posted online by Marvel anyway)

I REALLY would've loved a origins documentary about the Guardians since I don't know crap about them.

Back to topic...Not too surprised by the ratings dip since I didn't see a whole lot of advertising for this at all.

Last edited by Mondo Kane; 01-20-16 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-20-16, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
and i'm glad they're continuing the Dottie thing opposed to just considering her captured and moving on.

My daughter and I watched both eps this evening, and we still enjoy the hell out of the show. Jarvis's wife seems to fit in well.

Hayley is still perfect.
Old 01-20-16, 10:40 PM
Banned

Everyone else feels that Clarence Boddicker from the FBI is Hydra?
Old 01-20-16, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Everyone else feels that Clarence Boddicker from the FBI is Hydra?
Didn't think of that, but I felt like the show was trying to tell us that Sarah Bolger was another Red Room Academy assassin.

Thought the two hour premiere was an improvement over last year, but Atwell is still better than the show.
Old 01-20-16, 11:50 PM
Banned

My reasoning for this was that he put Agent Thompson, a war hero that wasn't one, in charge of the SSR, even though he isn't qualified for it. Then, he gets custody of Dottie without any good reason. To me, all those things are clues to him being a HYDRA agent, especially since they were set up in top government positions.
Old 01-21-16, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Did anyone watch the Captain America special that preceded this? It was okay. It was a little dry though. I did think it was informative of Cap's origins in the comics. Probably would have been better as a DVD extra.
I thought it was a nice tribute to the Star-Spangled Avenger but I am a huge Captain America fan. It's amazing how much recognition Jack Kirby now gets when for decades Marvel attributed practically everything to Stan Lee.
Old 01-21-16, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Good to see Peggy back.

I enjoyed the 2 hours and the move to Los Angeles. Thought the second episode was a little better than the first.

The thing I like about Carter and this show is that it's a little more grounded in reality. Peggy is a good fighter, but she's no special powers and could easily be killed at any time.
Old 01-21-16, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

The thing I like about Carter and this show is that it's a little more grounded in reality. Peggy is a good fighter, but she's no special powers and could easily be killed at any time.
Probably safe to assume she'll live to a ripe old age.

Spoiler:

Old 01-21-16, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I thought it was a nice tribute to the Star-Spangled Avenger but I am a huge Captain America fan. It's amazing how much recognition Jack Kirby now gets when for decades Marvel attributed practically everything to Stan Lee.
I have been reading several comic history books lately and it appears that it was the press that ran with the "Stan Lee created everything" mantra, not Stan himself. I have read several interviews with Stan from the 60's and 70's and he mentions Kirby in almost god-like fashion even back then. I have not seen once in an interview where he took all the credit, even deep in the past.

As far as the show, the first two episodes were better and more interesting than most of the first season. And this show is head and shoulders above anything Supergirl has yet to do.
Old 01-21-16, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk God

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20160120abc03/

If you missed it because you had too many things to record/DVR conflicts or simply had no idea this was on. The 2 hours re-airs this Sunday at 9pm.
Old 01-21-16, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

I didn't see this poster when it was released last summer for SDCC:

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.