Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Dilemma-Atlantic Technology THX or Mission 77 speakers?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-15, 09:18 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. I have an opportunity for 2 different sets of older speakers but wasn't sure what might be better. One is a set of Atlantic Technology THX speakers- it is the 270 series but it IS missing the subwoofer. It does have the fronts, center, and the dipole surrounds.

Other possibility is a set of 77 series Missions. 774 fronts, 77C center(the better one), pair of 771s, and a pair of 77ds. I have had Missions 77 series and like them, but know nothing about the Atlantic Technology speakers. Does anyone have or know about the AT 270 sets? I know not having the subwoofer from that set is disappointing, but it isn't there.

Price-wise it's close to a wash........both sets will cost me around $250 each. I run and have a Denon 1910 and 2808 CI and Onkyo TX-NR709. Any comments and observations would be appreciated. Thanks again......
Old 12-12-15, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Dilemma-Atlantic Technology THX or Mission 77 speakers?

Can you listen first? Speakers are so subjective, listening yourself is always best. Even more so with used, you never know how they'll be.
Old 12-12-15, 08:37 AM
Cool New Member

Re: Dilemma-Atlantic Technology THX or Mission 77 speakers?

I'm asking about the AT because of the THX certification and the name; thought they were supposed to be good. I have never heard AT speakers in person yet.....