DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Halloween

Old 12-10-15, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halloween

On watching the halloween movies I think there's 8 in the old format with donald pleasance in a lot of them,(who plays a cool spooky guy in the first but then turns into a looney in the others)I often wonder why they couldn't find a director to make them as well made as the first one,the suspense is better,the way he grunts and pants and moves and just generally a lot better,but all the others are crap,plus the mask doesn't look the same,but I think that's something to do with will shatner et cetera,can anyone answer why they didn't try harder to make them better,or was it just not worth the bother

Last edited by pauloidus; 12-10-15 at 10:40 PM. Reason: needed to add something
Old 12-11-15, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Halloween

I ask myself the same question every time I find myself watching 4 or 5. They didn't even shoot those (or #6) in scope, and the comedic music score in a couple scenes in 5 shows that they really didn't know what the heck they were doing. The original plan to do each movie as a separate story that took place on Halloween (which only happened with #3) would've been a lot better- they just dragged the Michael Myers story into the ground.