Search this Thread

Old 12-08-15, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
New Hot Shots Golf (PS4)

Announced on the PlayStation Blog :

First Details on New Hot Shots Golf, Coming to PS4

Posted by Tomoyo Kimura on Dec 07, 2015 // Assistant ISD Producer, SCEA

As you may have heard, we had the latest iteration of the classic Hot Shots Golf franchise on display at PlayStation Experience this past weekend. Visitors were able to check out the game and experience a new mode as well. I’m here to tell you all about the ins and outs of New Hot Shots Golf (working title), coming exclusively to PS4.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hh8F9sY7mNo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As you may know, Hot Shots Golf is one of PlayStation’s oldest franchises and originally debuted in 1997. Over the years, it’s delivered a fun and accessible golfing experience with unique stylized graphics and realistic golf mechanics and physics, to players on all of PlayStation’s home and handheld consoles. With this latest iteration, we are adding to the mix character creation and customization, a robust online experience, and free roaming on the game’s golf courses including the ability to drive golf carts anywhere you want.

In past Hot Shots Golf games, unlocking new golfer characters and building a lineup of athletes with various strengths and weaknesses was key. However in New Hot Shots Golf, players start by creating and dressing their very own golfer, utilizing a deep set of customization tools. By playing and completing specific tasks, players can level up their personalized golfer and build strength for long drives, precise control for putting on the green, and more.

New Hot Shots Golf will include a variety of golf courses set in a variety of environments. And rather than being automatically transported to the tee for each hole, all golf courses will be free roaming, meaning you can walk around, explore, and more anywhere you want. Take a spin in your golf cart, or stop by the pond and try to catch a few fish. And you’ll see other online players going about their business as well.

Aside from just solo play, New Hot Shots Golf will offer a wide variety of connected online gameplay modes on PlayStation Network. You can unlock rewards by completing missions, compete in matches and tournaments, or play cooperatively with others. At PlayStation Experience we showed off a new team-based mode where players try to complete as many holes as possible within an allotted amount of time.

Look for more details about the game right here on the PlayStation.Blog, and happy golfing!
Old 12-08-15, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: New Hot Shots Golf (PS4)

Kudos to Playstation owners...Hot Shots Golf in the PS1/PS2 days was one of my favorites. It actually made me appreciate Golf games again, something I hadn't enjoyed since the original PGA Tour Golf and Jack Nicklaus 6 of wayyyyy yesteryear.