Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Arrow (S4E08) -- (2-night crossover w/ The Flash) - "Legends of Yesterday" - 12/2/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Arrow (S4E08) -- (2-night crossover w/ The Flash) - "Legends of Yesterday" - 12/2/15

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-15, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2

THE FLASH/ARROW CROSSOVER - PART 2

ARROW

"Legends of Yesterday" - (8:00-9:02:30 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

PART TWO OF THE EPIC CROSSOVER WITH "THE FLASH" - Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) take Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée) and Carter Hall (guest star Falk Henstchel) to a remote location to keep them hidden from Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) while they figure out how to defeat him. Malcolm (John Barrowman) arranges a meeting between Vandal, Green Arrow and The Flash that doesn't go as planned. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Thea (Willa Holland), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) work with Team Flash to come up with a weapon powerful enough to destroy Vandal Savage. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Marc Guggenheim (#408). Original airdate 12/2/2015.

Episode 8 of 23

Next week is the Fall Finale
Old 12-02-15, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts
Re: Arrow (S4E08) -- (2-night crossover w/ The Flash) - "Legends of Yesterday" - 12/2

What!? They didn't name Oliver's son 'Connor'? That is the dumbest thing this show has done since killing off the Black Canary. It's like Arrow's staff has never come across Wikipedia before.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Connor_Hawke
Old 12-02-15, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Arrow (S4E08) -- (2-night crossover w/ The Flash) - "Legends of Yesterday" - 12/2

Avengers nod.
Old 12-02-15, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Most of the episode was good, but I'm so tired of Oliver and Felicity. That should have stayed unrequited on Felicity's part.

Hawkman is kind of a douche.

Since the preview was in the middle of the episode, I have to say that next week's Flash looks awesome.
Old 12-02-15, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
Avengers nod.
At first, I thought that was a superman joke.
Old 12-03-15, 12:02 AM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
What!? They didn't name Oliver's son 'Connor'? That is the dumbest thing this show has done since killing off the Black Canary. It's like Arrow's staff has never come across Wikipedia before.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Connor_Hawke
Well, the mother of William on the show is not Sandra Hawke either. I doubt we'll see the moment when William becomes the new Green Arrow too.

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Most of the episode was good, but I'm so tired of Oliver and Felicity. That should have stayed unrequited on Felicity's part.

Hawkman is kind of a douche.

Agree on the Felicity and Oliver part. It also has to do with the fact that they don't seem to have any chemistry at all, unlike Barry and Felicity.

Hawkman has been portrayed as a douche ever since the Silver Age if I'm not mistaken. He gets along with only a few of the JL members. The only thing that bothers me is that the guy portraying him is short. In the comic books, Hawkman tends to be one of the tallest guys on the JL.
Old 12-03-15, 12:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

What!? They didn't name Oliver's son 'Connor'?
Because according to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg:

"We didn't want to be tied-in to a character like Connor not being able to be part of the show if we made him so young," Kreisberg said. "To give us the leeway to still have Connor Hawke be part of the universe -- that was the biggest reason we made that decision."
Old 12-03-15, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I liked the episode overall. Not thrilled by the inevitable issues that will come from more secrects regarding his son. She has had a bit of time to tell him about his son even though he was thought of as dead for years. Her attitude was half annoying.

I know someone that has made a big deal about Oliver and Felicity being together. It's fine. However I tend to be very indifferent to relationships on tv shows.
Old 12-03-15, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, what's the point of having a Connor if it isn't Oliver's kid?
Old 12-03-15, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

Good wrap up to the crossover and a nice set up to the Legends series.

I thought the Hawks wings/flying effects were handle well.
Also please they used the Egyptian Origin.

The actor playing Vandal Savage ia as perfect casting as one could get.
Old 12-03-15, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Unless Oliver was fathering kids when he was a young teenager, they would have to introduce Connor through some sort of time travel if they wanted a near-adult version of the character. It's pointless introducing Connor if he isn't Ollie's son.

I was a little surprised they never had Oliver ask his son why he doesn't have a Green Arrow figure. I hear Arrow has its own line of action figures...
Old 12-03-15, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Lets not forget how far we have come with Hawkman in media:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ihWTCbfK-rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-03-15, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I was a little surprised they never had Oliver ask his son why he doesn't have a Green Arrow figure. I hear Arrow has its own line of action figures...
I'm looking forward to the next episode of Flash where they show Snart suing the toy manufacturer for using his image without legal consent.
Old 12-03-15, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

You could completely tell that this episode was written by Arrow guys and the previous ones by the Flash guys. It is pretty amazing that Flash has a much better handle on Arrow than the Arrow showrunners and Felicity is way better on Flash than Arrow. The whole kid subplot is dumb. Did not really care for the episode and loved the first part.
Old 12-03-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnysd
You could completely tell that this episode was written by Arrow guys and the previous ones by the Flash guys. It is pretty amazing that Flash has a much better handle on Arrow than the Arrow showrunners and Felicity is way better on Flash than Arrow. The whole kid subplot is dumb. Did not really care for the episode and loved the first part.
Not sure what they'll do with the son of Olivier subplot, but the battle with Savage was badass.
Old 12-03-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I thought it was a decent wrap up to the arc. The fight with Savage at the end was pretty cool.

yeah I could have done without the new tension between Oliver and Felicity, especially now with the kid in the picture. But, I'm not a TV writer and that comes with the territory on many dramas.

Guggenheim, Berlanti and Kreisberg said in TV Line that Barry going back in time to re-do stopping Savage is going to have some repercussions on both shows. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens there.

I was at a lot of the comments on TV Line's article. A lot of posters there hate Hawkman and Hawkgirl and also are pissed at the new tension created between Ollie and Felicity.
Old 12-03-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think they want to keep some tension around between Oliver and Felicity because it gives Felicity more screen time.

I think they handled the introduction of the Hawks better than could be expected. They are a whole new level of comic book geekdom with their backgrounds than even the Flash. The writers still managed to work in Nth Metal, the reincarnated lovers bit and their powers.
Old 12-03-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Guggenheim, Berlanti and Kreisberg said in TV Line that Barry going back in time to re-do stopping Savage is going to have some repercussions on both shows.
...like they're not all dead?
Old 12-04-15, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would have been cool had that kid's action figure collection ben far bigger. No Green Arrow or Ra's. Also would have been a perfect way to bridge to other DC characters.

As usual, only the Oliver/Felicity relationship crap brought the episode down a notch. I was so hoping we were over that when they put them together at the end of last season.
Old 12-04-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

So how did Felicity hack that Beta Max tape? Just plug it into her laptop?

Last edited by stingermck; 12-04-15 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-04-15, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
So how did Felicity hack that Beta Max tape? Just plug it into her laoptop?
I had forgot about that. We were like, huh? Did they just have make the joke about it being a beta tape and then not even attempt to explain how they played it? Sometimes is amazing how bad these two shows (Flash/Arrow) can be and people just shrug it off because they have decided it's cool.
Old 12-04-15, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I had forgot about that. We were like, huh? Did they just have make the joke about it being a beta tape and then not even attempt to explain how they played it? Sometimes is amazing how bad these two shows (Flash/Arrow) can be and people just shrug it off because they have decided it's cool.
I can forgive them if they didn't show the finer points of securing a betamax tape. Arrow does tend to have these lapses. My hunch is that the line was added at the last minute and they didn't have enough time in securing an actual betamax tape to show on camera.
Old 12-04-15, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just assumed that since she said it would take some time that she acquired a player from somewhere within Queen enterprises and transferred it into the computer. The show time jumped over all of that to the gang finally looking at the finished transfer.
Old 12-04-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can forgive them if they didn't show the finer points of securing a betamax tape. Arrow does tend to have these lapses. My hunch is that the line was added at the last minute and they didn't have enough time in securing an actual betamax tape to show on camera.
Did you even read the posts? The issue isn't that they had the tape. While maybe not an actual Betamax tape, it was a tape in her hand. It was they had to way to PLAY it. No way to make excuses for that and then complain about anything on any other show.
Old 12-04-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
I just assumed that since she said it would take some time that she acquired a player from somewhere within Queen enterprises and transferred it into the computer. The show time jumped over all of that to the gang finally looking at the finished transfer.
The didn't jump, they just ignored it after the statement was made. Look It's not a deal breaker, but it does point to Flash/Arrow really not being any better than others that the same people praising Flash/Arrow rip for being terrible.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.