Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Clannad Visual Novel now on Steam

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-15, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CLANNAD Now Available on Steam from Sekai Project

The world-renowned romantic visual novel from VisualArts/Key receives its first official English language release

LOS ANGELES – November 23, 2015 – After a decade, the wait is over! Sekai Project, a publisher and licenser of Japanese new media and electronic entertainment, in cooperation with VisualArts/Key, today announced that CLANNAD is now available on Steam for Windows-based PCs.

A hugely-successful and internationally known visual novel, CLANNAD was first published and released in Japan on PC in 2004. Along with having been ported to several popular gaming consoles and handheld gaming devices, CLANNAD has made the transition from a Windows-based PC title, to manga, audio drama CDs, and even an animated television series. With the help of Sekai Project and 5,819 Kickstarter backers, pledging $541,161, CLANNAD is now available to a whole new audience.

“The past 11 months have been a rollercoaster ride of dedication and determination from a truly hard working team,” said CLANNAD project director, Yui-Man Mak. “I sincerely hope that everyone will get as much fun out of playing and reading through CLANNAD, as we all did working on it!”

CLANNAD follows the story of Hikarizaka Private High School student Tomoya Okazaki, an emotionally-distant delinquent student. After losing his mother in an accident and subsequently falling victim to an abusive, alcoholic father, Okazaki meets a strange young girl, Nagisa Furukawa, who is repeating the year due to a severe illness. Furukawa enlists Okazaki to help revive their school’s drama club. With nothing much else going on in his life, Okazaki agrees to help, making friends with many of the school’s other students along the way, and learning about all of the different problems and challenges that they face…

CLANNAD Key Features:
First-ever official English language translated release, complete with the licensed Japanese voice talent of Mai Nakahara, Ai Nonaka, Mamiko Noto, Daisuke Sakaguchi, and more!

HD Upgrade: All visuals have been upgraded to 1280x960.

Dangopedia: Exclusive to the English version, the Dangopedia term encyclopedia is a handy reference tool for understanding aspects of Japanese tradition and pop culture.

Achievements: Steam achievements are supported! There's also an in-game menu to review your achievement progress.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ayOi8nqzzeg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Purchase CLANNAD from Steam for $49.99 (£29.99, 45,99€) with a 15% off discount for a limited time: http://store.steampowered.com/app/324160

About VisualArts
VisualArts is one of Japan’s largest publishers of visual novels. The company specializes in the development of game engines and distribution of the games created from them to multiple platforms including PC and console platforms. Presently VisualArts is publishing for over 40 game brands, including their most famous studio, Key. http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/

About Sekai Project
Sekai Project is a Los Angeles-based licensing and publishing company focused on Japanese media content and electronic entertainment. Founded in 2013, the company strives to improve the way in which fans can connect with creators through the creative use of publishing, social media, and crowdfunding opportunities. Sekai Project aims to bring quality content to the Western world. https://www.sekaiproject.com/

Copyright © 2015 Sekai Project, All rights reserved.

Last edited by chrisc31; 11-27-15 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11-27-15, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Re: Clannad Visual Novel now on Steam

How do these work? Like a point and click adventure?
Old 11-27-15, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You click the mouse to advance in the story, sometimes you have a choice of what they say. its hard to explain but you can find a video clip on youtube to get a better idea.
Old 11-29-15, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I am so tempted because Clannad is my favorite anime of all time. I've never played a visual novel but this might be the one that finally pushes me over the edge.
Old 11-30-15, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I am so tempted because Clannad is my favorite anime of all time. I've never played a visual novel but this might be the one that finally pushes me over the edge.

via VisualArts

`Tomoyo After~It's a Wonderful Life` and `Little Busters!`visual novels will get an official English release.
'Tomoyo After~It's a Wonderful Life' is a spinoff of the earlier Clannad visual novel, which inspired both anime and manga. 'Tomoyo After~It's a Wonderful Life' centers on the character Tomoyo.
More great visual novels are going to get an english release so you might want to try one. Also another new visual novel to read, thats going to get released soon is VisualArts Harmonia!

Celebrating the 15th anniversary of Key, creator of CLANNAD, Rewrite and Angel Beats!, we release the English version of our new game, Harmonia! Even before Japan!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/balUTchhAW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by chrisc31; 11-30-15 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-19-15, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Via Sekai Project on Kickstarter updates

CLANNAD Production Update 7

Hello everyone! We have some really exciting updates for our physical backers, but first I want to talk a little bit our release on Steam.

On November 23 we released the Steam digital version of CLANNAD to the world, and right off the bat the game went straight into the top 10! This was a huge surprise to everyone at Sekai Project and VisualArts. This is the first visual novel to hit the 3rd slot in Steam’s top sales rankings. For a brief period of time it was only 2nd to Fallout 4! Currently there are 267 positive reviews on Steam, and the game has been nominated for GOTY by our German friends at jpgames.de. Thank you everyone for spreading the word on this English release of CLANNAD!

Since the release on Steam, we’ve been busy fixing leftover scripting issues and text. There have been two patches released so far to Steam, and we think after the upcoming third patch the game will be ready for a physical gold master. The new patch will be released to Steam next week and we expect the gold master to be ready before the new year.

Lastly, if you haven’t activated your digital copy of CLANNAD yet, you can find your code in BackerKit
I don't know how many times I said people underestimate Clannad. Did anyone on DvdTalk get it on Steam?