TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Blindspot (S1E07) -- "Sent On Tour" -- 11/2/15

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-15, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Blindspot (S1E07) -- "Sent On Tour" -- 11/2/15

"SENT ON TOUR"

11/02/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Monday) : THE TEAM GETS CUT OFF FROM THE FBI HOME OFFICE ON A REMOTE MISSION AND MUST FIGHT THEIR WAY OUT One of Jane's (Jaimie Alexander) tattoos sends the team to a remote location where they find themselves face to face with a dangerous criminal in a case that puts Jane and Weller's (Sullivan Stapleton) strained relationship to the test and threatens to expose Mayfair's (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) secrets. Meanwhile, Patterson (Ashley Johnson) breaks the rules to solve a tattoo puzzle. Also starring Rob Brown, Audrey Esparza and Ukweli Roach. Guest starring Lou Diamond Phillips, Joe Dinicol and Francois Arnaud. TV-14 V

Lou Diamond Phillips (Longmire) Guest stars

Episode 7 of 23

Last edited by DJariya; 11-03-15 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-03-15, 06:44 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Blindspot (S1E07) -- "Sent On Tour" -- 11/2/15

Best episode yet.
Old 11-03-15, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI

NBC ordered a 23rd episode today
Old 11-03-15, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
FYI

NBC ordered a 23rd episode today
Well it will definitely be renewed as well. Interesting show,
Old 11-03-15, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Probably one of the better episodes this season.

Lou Diamond Phillips was a good villain. Looks like Weller is finally catching on that Mayfair is hiding things.

I was glad that Mayfair caught Patterson sharing that intel with her boyfriend. Very stupid of her to get him involved. I guess she broke up with him at the end.
Old 11-03-15, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I guess she broke up with him at the end.
I bet she was told "dump him or lose your job."
Old 11-03-15, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's quite possible she simply realized that being in that relationship resulted in her using bad judgment and she wanted to limit the possibilities of that in the future. The guy didn't listen. He seemed to be a decent guy, but even knowing her job, when she says, "Don't do that," he completely ignores her and does it anyway. We get enough of that type of naïve behavior from young people, we don't need it from fully grown adults. It's basic courtesy that you would respect professional boundaries when you're involved with someone with access to sensitive information. If someone isn't going to listen when you say, "Please don't look at my highly sensitive work files," what type of relationship are you building? All told, if that's the way they were going to write his character, I'm glad she broke up with him. That relationship was making me look at her with less respect, and I'd rather just see her as the capable person she is.

Lou Diamond Phillips was indeed a good guest star. I've known he makes a decent villain since Power of One.

I wouldn't personally call this show a certified hit on my own personal barometer, but I'm still interested in it. No type of grudge/obligation/completion watching or anything. There are the cases of the week, several mysteries (which engage the viewer), and they're moving along the overall story at a decent pace.
Old 11-04-15, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MikahC
It's quite possible she simply realized that being in that relationship resulted in her using bad judgment and she wanted to limit the possibilities of that in the future. The guy didn't listen. He seemed to be a decent guy, but even knowing her job, when she says, "Don't do that," he completely ignores her and does it anyway. We get enough of that type of naïve behavior from young people, we don't need it from fully grown adults. It's basic courtesy that you would respect professional boundaries when you're involved with someone with access to sensitive information. If someone isn't going to listen when you say, "Please don't look at my highly sensitive work files," what type of relationship are you building? All told, if that's the way they were going to write his character, I'm glad she broke up with him. That relationship was making me look at her with less respect, and I'd rather just see her as the capable person she is.

Lou Diamond Phillips was indeed a good guest star. I've known he makes a decent villain since Power of One.

I wouldn't personally call this show a certified hit on my own personal barometer, but I'm still interested in it. No type of grudge/obligation/completion watching or anything. There are the cases of the week, several mysteries (which engage the viewer), and they're moving along the overall story at a decent pace.
It's a formula show, National Treasure meets Blacklist, but I like it, especially as the secrets don't linger and that is refreshing.
Old 11-04-15, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought Patterson's boyfriend is kind of odd. He may be more than who he appears to be. Or I could be totally wrong.
Old 11-04-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhan
I thought Patterson's boyfriend is kind of odd. He may be more than who he appears to be. Or I could be totally wrong.
I certainly think we were being fed the idea that he may show up again and that he with her to get inside information for the group behind this story story. Just not as evil as the husband on the Blacklist that was playing the same game.

Even though the show has become what I feared (hey we magically decoded a tattoo just at the right time to move the plot along) we still enjoy it. Have moved it ahead of most older shows we used to make more of a priority on CBS. Only problem with the idea of this getting renewed is they will drag this mystery about who is in behind it all longer than the end of the season. Enough already. Let's get to the point where they know who they are after and start the long process of bringing them down.
Old 11-04-15, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I certainly think we were being fed the idea that he may show up again and that he with her to get inside information for the group behind this story story. Just not as evil as the husband on the Blacklist that was playing the same game.

Even though the show has become what I feared (hey we magically decoded a tattoo just at the right time to move the plot along) we still enjoy it. Have moved it ahead of most older shows we used to make more of a priority on CBS. Only problem with the idea of this getting renewed is they will drag this mystery about who is in behind it all longer than the end of the season. Enough already. Let's get to the point where they know who they are after and start the long process of bringing them down.
The show runners have said they have it plotted out for a few years, so they are not doing it on the fly, so hopefully the reveals and serialization are satisfying.
Old 11-04-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
The show runners have said they have it plotted out for a few years, so they are not doing it on the fly, so hopefully the reveals and serialization are satisfying.
The only problem I have is the magic timing. All of the plots just happen to be in full swing just as the tattoo is decoded, rather than being old and cold by the time the tattoo is decoded.
Old 11-04-15, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by randian
The only problem I have is the magic timing. All of the plots just happen to be in full swing just as the tattoo is decoded, rather than being old and cold by the time the tattoo is decoded.
Exactly. Maybe they will throw in a few of those to keep things at least plausible. But probably not.
Old 11-05-15, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Oh I'm sure we will see him again, he probably took pics of all of the tattoos, and he will work on them, tell the wrong person and be kidnaped/ killed would not be surprised if he is not one of the tattoos.
Old 11-05-15, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Hopefully, it isn't as lame as the Red John plot on Mentalist. That went on forever and when they finally got to finishing it; it was just stupid.
Old 11-06-15, 08:44 PM

Any speculation on who arm-tree-tattoo guy is?

This case did cover an awful lot of tattos? Case #, towers on back, map on calf ... plus the buried box, the helicopter in the woods ... they've been busy. (Must be Raymond Reddington at work.)
Old 11-07-15, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully, it isn't as lame as the Red John plot on Mentalist. That went on forever and when they finally got to finishing it; it was just stupid.
Bingo. We dropped that show a couple seasons from the actual after one of the fake endings to the Red John story. Got to the point where we didn't care how it went.

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Any speculation on who arm-tree-tattoo guy is?
Her partner in her previous CIA like life?
Old 11-08-15, 04:41 PM

Hopefully not. They are not letting mysteries sit too long and I take that as promising.

One thing people may not be considering is there could be a group or person working to make things happen in the right order, but yeah the timing is the weakness so far.
Old 11-09-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
I get what you are saying, and definitely agree with you on the previous episodes, but this episode was the first that wan't time based. They happened to be focused on that one tattoo, and happened to figure it out. The bad guy didn't just move there and wasn't planning on leaving any time soon it seemed. They could have gone there in a month and a year and there possibly could have been no difference in the story.
But I certainly agree with you that there are too many of these tattoos that happen to get figured out in the nick of time to stop some time or date based event.
Old 11-10-15, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jjcool
I get what you are saying, and definitely agree with you on the previous episodes, but this episode was the first that wan't time based. They happened to be focused on that one tattoo, and happened to figure it out. The bad guy didn't just move there and wasn't planning on leaving any time soon it seemed. They could have gone there in a month and a year and there possibly could have been no difference in the story.
But I certainly agree with you that there are too many of these tattoos that happen to get figured out in the nick of time to stop some time or date based event.
I'm not sure how long that helicopter could have been sitting out in the middle of a field without being spotted or needing maintenance.
Old 11-11-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to say that, for me, this is by far the most disappointing new series of this season. The pilot looked awesome and I was looking forward to seeing how they would unravel the tattoo mystery. But it has just devolved into a boring predictable procedural, horribly written, badly acted, and just a great big pile of stupid. I love Jaimie Alexander and she was what originally drew to this show. But on this show she is a one-dimensional bore -- I swear if I have to see that woe-is-me teary-eyed extreme close-up one more fucking time. She is totally wasted. And Jesus has there ever been a more disastrous casting choice than the dude who plays Weller? Who the hell ever told this guy he could act?

In just six episodes this show approaches the incredible fall from grace that Heroes experienced from season 1 to season 2. Someone put this thing out of its misery.
Old 11-11-15, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flave
I have to say that, for me, this is by far the most disappointing new series of this season. The pilot looked awesome and I was looking forward to seeing how they would unravel the tattoo mystery. But it has just devolved into a boring predictable procedural, horribly written, badly acted, and just a great big pile of stupid. I love Jaimie Alexander and she was what originally drew to this show. But on this show she is a one-dimensional bore -- I swear if I have to see that woe-is-me teary-eyed extreme close-up one more fucking time. She is totally wasted. And Jesus has there ever been a more disastrous casting choice than the dude who plays Weller? Who the hell ever told this guy he could act?

In just six episodes this show approaches the incredible fall from grace that Heroes experienced from season 1 to season 2. Someone put this thing out of its misery.
I am going to stand up for Weller. He can act, he just can't carry something like this to respectability. His charm and physicality and wit are completely curbed here.