Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gravity Rush 2 (1/20/17; PS4)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-15, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Gravity Rush 2 (1/20/17; PS4)

I was one of the few big fans of the original game on the Vita and it seemed the "death" of the Vita would be the end of this franchise, but apparently not!

Gravity Rush 2 Coming to North America on PS4

Posted by Brian Dunn on Oct 27, 2015 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

Hi, PlayStation fans. In addition to Gravity Rush Remastered coming to PS4 in February next year, I’m excited to announce Gravity Rush 2 is also coming to North America, exclusively on PS4.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPu7GKzqKeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the sequel to the acclaimed PS Vita original, you’ll have brand new gravity-shifting options and combat mechanics at your disposal. Kat can now use three gravity styles that add more variety and combat options: Normal, Lunar, and Jupiter.

In Lunar style, the force of gravity is reduced, making Kat lighter and quicker. In Jupiter style, gravity is increased, slowing down Kat’s movements but making her more powerful. You can switch between Kat’s three gravity styles seamlessly to combine the styles into different combos for each situation.

Also new to Gravity Rush 2 is the Tag Battle system which pairs you up with an AI-controlled ally to take on the more serious opposition like Raven assisting Kat.

For all you fans who can’t get enough, Japan has a slightly extended gameplay trailer with a bit more footage of the various gravity styles and combat.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6vWyiVTNCPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That’s all we can say for now, so I’ll leave the concluding words to Gravity Rush creative director Toyama-san himself, who has a message for you:

As you saw from the footage during the Paris Games Week press conference, you’ll be able to mix and match a wide variety of combat styles any way you want, so there’ll be enough action to please Gravity veterans and new players alike. And of course, there’s a whole lot more we haven’t shown you yet, so stay tuned!

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more Gravity Rush updates, and watch out for Gravity Rush Remastered landing in February for $29.99, exclusively via PlayStation Store.
Old 10-28-15, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Gravity Rush 2 (1/20/17; PS4)

The first one was probably the best game I played on my Vita. Looking forward to the sequel.
Old 07-19-16, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

December 2nd!
Old 07-20-16, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the first one worth playing? I see it was just released for PS4.
Old 07-20-16, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
It's been out on ps4 for awhile now it's just on sale this week.
Old 07-20-16, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I loved it, and I feel like it controls better on the PS4 than it did on the Vita.
Old 10-06-16, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Re: Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)

Since all first party PS4 games have to be delayed at least once:

In July, we announced a release date for Gravity Rush 2 that we felt most appropriate for the title. Since then, though production is proceeding smoothly, the landscape for that release date has changed dramatically.

Gravity Rush 2 is the conclusion of Kat’s journey, so we want players to have enough time to dive deep into her story. In addition, as a lot of work went into online features that allow for asynchronous player interaction, we want as many people as possible playing the title at the same time. Thus, after careful deliberation, we have decided to change the release date. Gravity Rush 2 will now launch on January 20, 2017.

I would like to apologize to all those players anxiously awaiting Gravity Rush 2. After four years of development making a title we are very proud of, we want to release it at the very best time.

In exchange for the longer wait, we have decided to release the premium DLC planned for the title free of charge. This additional story will take place in the world of Gravity Rush 2 and we think fans will have a lot of fun playing through it.

As we move into the holiday season and the New Year, we have many more exciting things in store, including more information about the title and the special animated feature. Please keep an eye out for more on Gravity Rush 2, and thank you again for all your support.
The free DLC takes some of the sting out. These delays are making my Christmas and birthday wish lists look awfully slim.
Old 01-05-17, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Re: Gravity Rush 2 (1/20/17; PS4)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EotGYSACHHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-18-18, 02:04 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Gravity Rush 2 (1/20/17; PS4)

I just finished this...what a frustrating experience...I both loved and hated this game.

Moments of brilliance...then moments of frustration at the strangest choices for missions ever...there is one mission late in the game that might be a lowpoint for any game in the last 10 years that I actually took the time to finish.

I have never played anything in my life that has been so frustrating and bad, yet kept me hooked by some brilliant things mixed in.

The first game was a lot of fun, but even it had some frustrating moments with some stealth stuff...but they took all the frustrating parts and expanded them 10 fold for part 2. It took me 80 hours to beat it (yeah I know, what the hell if you were frustrated) and I still have maybe 2 more hours to platinum it...