Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Second Chance (S31E05) -- "A Snake in the Grass" -- 10/21/15

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Survivor: Second Chance (S31E05) -- "A Snake in the Grass" -- 10/21/15

Unless I'm blind, I didn't see a thread for this week's episode. So with thanks to DJariya (since I copied his format/previous threads):

"A Snake in the Grass" -- Surprise, someone is getting voted off!
Eliminated Contestants

Vytas Baskauskas (1st Eliminated)
Shirin Oskooi (2nd Eliminated)
Peih-Gee Law (3rd Eliminated)
Jeff Varner (4th Eliminated)
Old 10-22-15, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Re: Survivor: Second Chance (S31E05) -- "A Snake in the Grass" -- 10/21/15

I'm surprised Fishbach didn't get more heat for screwing up & hitting the wrong target during the challenge.

The hilarious thing according to Probst, is that he asked "What happens if I hit the wrong target?" when they were going over things.
Old 10-22-15, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

If they want to keep blindsides a surprise then they should probably give the other person under consideration for elimination a confessional. I realize that she's not a big personality, but Kelly was almost invisible in the edit.

As the season goes on I find myself rooting for Stephen more and more.

I still don't know who Monica is...so much so that I just had to google her name b/c I didn't remember it.
Old 10-22-15, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I'm surprised Fishbach didn't get more heat for screwing up & hitting the wrong target during the challenge.
I guess that's another "new school" thing. It used to be about keeping strong challenge players premerge, go into merge with numbers, wipe out the other tribe, then think endgame (who each person in the dominant alliance wants sitting next to them at final tribal council). Now people are thinking endgame strategy from day one. I'm not so sure that's an evolution for the better.

Though in this case, the situation is different since they already had a tribe switchup. And the core alliances are from the original tribes. So it's not even so bad to go to tribal a few times, since that lets you thin the numbers of the opposing (orginal) tribe.

Though I was sure he'd at least get a little grief
Old 10-22-15, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had totally forgotten about Stephen hitting the wrong target. Stuff like that gives people a ready-made excuse for voting someone off if someone's name is being bandied about, but no worries for him.

Looking at the first post above to see if Monica had been added, it struck me how funny it would have been if Vitas had hung around & Probst had tried referring to him by his last name.

Would have loved to hear Keith, Kimmi, & others coming up with their renditions of "Baskauskas."

mwbmis is on point about the Kelly edit. I was thinking that if she went, she was either the blandest personality ever (which may be true) or had really irritated the producers. As pointed out, it did make it fairly obvious that she most likely wasn't going home.
Old 10-22-15, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
I guess that's another "new school" thing. It used to be about keeping strong challenge players premerge, go into merge with numbers, wipe out the other tribe, then think endgame (who each person in the dominant alliance wants sitting next to them at final tribal council). Now people are thinking endgame strategy from day one. I'm not so sure that's an evolution for the better.

Though in this case, the situation is different since they already had a tribe switchup. And the core alliances are from the original tribes. So it's not even so bad to go to tribal a few times, since that lets you thin the numbers of the opposing (orginal) tribe.

Though I was sure he'd at least get a little grief
Well that tribe did sit out their most obvious physical competitor in an obvious physical elimination challenge so who knows what they are thinking.
Old 10-22-15, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure it's a rule that they can't sit out the same person in back to back challenges. So if a challenge doesn't look overly physical (and that last one was not) best to sit out the studs.

Too bad the Loser tribe can't sit out Abi or Tasha. They are lucky Woo is good at sling shots and Fish really, really, sucks at it.
Old 10-22-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm pretty sure they only can't sit out back-to-back within the same episode cycle. Since Stephen and Kelly both sat out the reward challenge, they had to participate. Sitting out Jeremy so Kimmie could climb that obstacle and try to muster enough strength to hit those targets made very little sense. Jeremy was asked about it on twitter last night, and he cryptically suggested that maybe they needed to go to tribal council.