TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once Upon a Time (ABC) -- Season 5 Thread -- premieres 9/27/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-15, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Once Upon a Time (ABC) -- Season 5 Thread -- premieres 9/27/15

SEASON PREMIERE

EMMA SWAN MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRAFICE BY BECOMING THE NEW DARK ONE, LEAVING THE RESIDENTS OF STORYBROOKE WITHOUT THEIR SAVIOR, NOW THE HEROES MUST BAND TOGETHER TO FIND A WAY TO SAVE EMMA, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Amy Manson Guest Stars as Merida and Liam Garrigan Guest Stars as King Arthur

"The Dark Swan" - Immediately after becoming the Dark One, Emma disappears and the heroes must band together to save her, but first they have to find her, which will require the help of an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, in the Enchanted Forest, Emma struggles to resist her dark urges as she searches for Merlin in the hope that he can stop her transformation. Along the way to Camelot, she gets help from the plucky and brave warrior princess Merida, as well as King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, in the adventure-filled season five premiere of "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Amy Manson as Merida, Keegan Connor Tracy as the Blue Fairy/Mother Superior, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Gabe Khouth as Sneezy, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Michael Coleman as Happy, Mig Macario as Bashful, Sinqua Walls as Lancelot, Raphael Alejandro as Roland, Timothy Webber as the Apprentice, Ingrid Torrance as Severe Nurse, Liam Garrigan as King Arthur, Andrew Jenkins as Sir Percival, Lee Majdoub as Sir Kay, Brent Stait as the Peddler, Elliot Knight as the Usher and Mckenna Grace as Young Emma.

"The Dark Swan" was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, and directed by Ron Underwood.

22 episode 5th season
Old 09-27-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
re: Once Upon a Time (ABC) -- Season 5 Thread -- premieres 9/27/15

I'm all caught up for tonight (binged season 4 for the whe week)

I really thought they'd keep the alternate story for the first half of season 5. Would've made for some interesting episodes.
Old 09-27-15, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Kind of thinking of dropping this show with "Evil Swan" and all the plots basically tied up.
Old 09-27-15, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,002 Likes on 622 Posts

This show has its ups and downs, but I still enjoy it overall. I'm in for another season.
Old 09-28-15, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I think we might have hit the limits of Jennifer Morrison's acting range this episode.

Someone needs to count this season how many times each episode mentions a variation of the word "dark" in the dialogue.

I don't mind the Dark Swan arc, it is something different and Morrison has to dress up for the role. We all know it will be temporary.

Henry sure is growing up fast. He barely resembles the kid from season one.
Old 09-28-15, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,002 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I think we might have hit the limits of Jennifer Morrison's acting range this episode.
That was my exact thought at the end of the episode. She was okay during her 'conflicted' parts through most of the episode, but at the end when she was full-on evil? Not convincing at all.

Merida was disappointing, too.

Regina and Zelena are still good, though.
Old 09-28-15, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I didn't like Morrison's poor acting as the dark one at the end either.

Merida was annoying.

Overall a pretty good episode though.
Old 09-28-15, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah, when they did the Comic Con trailer of Dark Swan, you could tell Morrison didn't have it in her. She's good at what she was in Season 1, but she isn't the scary and powerful bad person like Rump or Regina. And after all your comments, happy I am staying away.
Old 09-28-15, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Gee another time jump where the characters have amnesia again?
Old 09-28-15, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still surprised so many watchers of this show didn't see this Dark Swan thing coming all last season. And I have to agree that so far it isn't working due to the actress not being able to pull off a convincing dark character. She was OK doing angry a few times in the past, but not this.

Hopefully they are able to make this work further down the line or this will be another long section of the season not unlike the crappy Frozen story (casting/actors were great, story failed them) that filled the first half of least season.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 09-28-15 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-28-15, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked it. I think Morrison will do fine as the Dark Swan although she probably won't be Regina or Rumple level, but who is?

I always have fun with this show though.
Old 09-29-15, 08:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think for Emma they need actions to speak louder than words. Turning Sleepy? to stone was more convinving she'd gone dark than anything the actress said. As stated she just doesn't seem to have the range.
Old 09-29-15, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Part of the problem is she's a reluctant bad guy so we are still on her side. She needs to be rescued/saved from the darkness instead of defeated.
When Data turns evil he never seems evil as Lore.
Old 10-04-15, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Once Upon a Time (S5E02) -- "The Price" -- 10/04/15

THERE IS NO CHEATING THE PRICE OF MAGIC AS THE HEROES CONTINUE THEIR SEARCH FOR MERLIN, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Joana Metrass Guest Stars as Guinevere and Liam Garrigan Guest Stars as King Arthur

"The Price" - In an effort to protect Emma, Regina steps up in a surprising way that will test her mettle as a force for good. King Arthur and Queen Guinevere throw a royal ball to welcome the heroes to Camelot, but when the celebration takes a deadly turn, David and Robin must leap into action or lose a crucial asset in the fight to save Emma. Back in Storybrooke, Hook deploys a tried-and-true technique in hopes of bringing Emma back to the light while the heroes discover that some unexpected baggage has followed them home from Camelot, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Liam Garrigan as King Arthur, Joana Metrass as Guinevere, Andrew Jenkins as Percival, Olivia Steele Falconer as Violet, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, Michael Coleman as Happy, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Mig Macario as Bashful and Raphael Alejandro as Roland.

"The Price" was written by Andrew Chambliss & Dana Horgan, and directed by Romeo Tirone.
Old 11-16-15, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC) -- Season 5 Thread -- premieres 9/27/15

That wasn't the twist I was imagining. A little cheesy though.
Old 11-16-15, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hopefully we have put the Brave story-line behind us. It was nice to see Red back on the show.
Old 11-17-15, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Kind of felt like they put the brave episode in the wrong order. The two episodes didn't really go together.
Old 11-17-15, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Hopefully we have put the Brave story-line behind us. It was nice to see Red back on the show.
Given the closing utterance we are nowhere near the end.
Old 11-17-15, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Kind of felt like they put the brave episode in the wrong order. The two episodes didn't really go together.
A bit jarring. It had little connection to the previous episode. It was not bad in itself just a lot of time spent on something that could have done with less.
Old 11-17-15, 11:54 AM

This could be fun - http://tvline.com/2015/11/16/once-up...rcules-megara/
Old 11-17-15, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Ginnifer Goodwin is pregnant again: http://www.eonline.com/news/716640/g...nd-josh-dallas

I haven't seen this season, but did she ever get back to her pre-pregnancy shape?
Old 11-17-15, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by windom
I haven't seen this season, but did she ever get back to her pre-pregnancy shape?
No
Old 11-17-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She also gets far fewer lines these days on the show. I could see Snow and/or Charming being written off the show. Which wouldn't bother me, I haven't liked much of their arc since late season one.
Old 02-25-16, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by randian
No
Close, but no, not really. It's really jarring when they do flashbacks or create new scenes that would have taken place before she had the kid.

Oh well. The show would be better off if they dropped a few of the regulars and came up with better, new storylines.
Old 02-25-16, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

She's pregnant again. It will be even harder for her to get back into shape after the second baby.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.