Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The BIGGEST DEAL that most of you missed out on over the weekend!!!!!!!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The BIGGEST DEAL that most of you missed out on over the weekend!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-00, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam Goody/suncoast over the weekend had a promotion for replay members to receive 10% off and double the points for weekend.... but instead of giving 10%.... It took off $10 off for items over $10 ... and with items below the $10 sam goody/suncoast only charged for shipping ($3.49)
Well... the items that were availible have shipped and the deal went through.... here's what I bought all prices include shipping...

American Beauty 9.68
magnolia 14.48
Braveheart 14.48
Final Destination 10.98
hard eight 13.48
Jurassic Park(dts) 11.48
Swimming with Sharks 9.48
Mission Impossible 2 14.48
U-571 12.48
jaws (dts) 12.48
From Dusk Till Dawn se 17.48
Chasing Amy 17.48
The Shawshank Redemption 7.48
Boogie Nights SE 14.48
toy story 2 pack 21.48
friday 10.98
monkey business 3.49
animal crackers 3.49
duck soup 3.49
demon knight 3.49
they live 3.49
vampire hunter d 14.48
cocanuts 3.49
prince of darkness 3.49
The Frighteners 10.98
papa roach cd 5.57

Anyways, I told you it would go through ...
Funny.. first you thought the 20% wasn't going happen ... http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/015721.html

then a couple thought the $10 off wouldn't go through... http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/015885.html

ha ha

[This message has been edited by Catch 21 (edited September 19, 2000).]
Old 09-19-00, 04:53 AM

Wow, you buy a lot of crappy dvds....
Old 09-19-00, 04:54 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by natedog:
Wow, you buy a lot of crappy dvds....<HR>

Someone's jealous...

Never fails that someone's gonna say that

------------------
"Everything you love about me is tied to that one element that makes
you queasy. Every human being is a tapestry, if you pull one thread...or
one undesirable color, the whole ****ing thing falls apart and you wind
up staring at the walls." -- Brendan Fraser's character in "Twilight of the
Golds"
<BR>
Megalion's Pile
--------------
Old 09-19-00, 04:54 AM

LOL.....
Old 09-19-00, 05:00 AM

I'm jealous????? Over half those dvd's are just flat out crappy movies. Did I stutter?? no
Old 09-19-00, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Catch 21:
Well... the items that were availible have shipped and the deal went through....<HR>

Are you sure about that? I bet if you look at the detail screen of each of your orders, the individual items will say "In Process".

SamGoody always labels the order on the summary screen as "Shipped" as soon as it is sent to the warehouse. It's the warehouse that catches mistakes like you described previously and cancels orders.

And by bragging about your 'bargain' here, it will make it much easier for SamGoody to track down all of your orders and kill them before they really leave the door.
Smart.
Old 09-19-00, 05:08 AM

But for $3.50, it is a great start for DVD collection
(Got to admit, never heard of some of the movies)
Old 09-19-00, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Moving to On Line Store forum because, as Catch 21 so helpfully pointed out, the deal is over.
Old 09-19-00, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Im not trying to knock this post, but am i the only one who thinks it's pretty sad that even with a $10 off coupon titles like braveheart still cost him $15? While some of those are OKAY deals i dont think its a "big one" weallmissed out on. I guess he missed braveheart at best buy--that was a deal.
Old 09-19-00, 06:55 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Peep:
Are you sure about that? I bet if you look at the detail screen of each of your orders, the individual items will say "In Process". <HR>

Peep, again you doubt me... I spoke to CSR and they have been confirmed shipped... the ones that didn't ship were the preorders....

hey i remember you posting when i exposed this deal didn't you take advantage of the situation?
quote:<HR>Originally posted by natedog:
Wow, you buy a lot of crappy dvds....<HR>

yeah i know, most of the $3.49 dvd are crappy .. however, my purpose is to trade at EB or sell it elsewhere for store credit(software etc)... thus, lowering my cost on other stuff I want ...
quote:<HR>Originally posted by DVDKrayzie:
Im not trying to knock this post, but am i the only one who thinks it's pretty sad that even with a $10 off coupon titles like braveheart still cost him $15? While some of those are OKAY deals i dont think its a "big one" weallmissed out on. I guess he missed braveheart at best buy--that was a deal. <HR>

Man, are you reaching .... looking for negative....best buy did have it 9.99 however, most best buys changed the price to 15.99 plus the tax .. I have mine for 14.48 delivered to my house... lol okay deals... if okay where can you get it cheaper plus delivered?I used gift certificates (firstlook,testdrive)no cash..
I love it when you cats knock me ... then later proving you wrong again..

Old 09-19-00, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well - next time, don't be such an a-hole and wait till you get these "fantastic bargains" and the promotion is over before telling the rest of us. What exactly is your point? Are we supposed to be proud of you? If you want to be a contributor here, don't brag - share in any deal you run across. Nobody cares what crappy DVDs you got dirt cheap unless you let them know about the deal so they can get in on it too. Don't hog all the deals to yourself. You're like that little punk who covers your answers on the test with your arm so people can't cheat off you... not that they would.
Old 09-19-00, 07:55 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Trigger:
Well - next time, don't be such an a-hole and wait till you get these "fantastic bargains" and the promotion is over before telling the rest of us. What exactly is your point? Are we supposed to be proud of you? If you want to be a contributor here, don't brag - share in any deal you run across. Nobody cares what crappy DVDs you got dirt cheap unless you let them know about the deal so they can get in on it too. Don't hog all the deals to yourself. You're like that little punk who covers your answers on the test with your arm so people can't cheat off you... not that they would.<HR>

i did share!!!! thats why i provided links in my first post.. The point of the post is to say that the deal went through....

Old 09-19-00, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>:

Man, are you reaching .... looking for negative....best buy did have it 9.99 however, most best buys changed the price to 15.99 plus the tax .. I have mine for 14.48 delivered to my house... lol okay deals... if okay where can you get it cheaper plus delivered?I used gift certificates (firstlook,testdrive)no cash..
I love it when you cats knock me ... then later proving you wrong again..
<HR>

I was referring to just about any retailer selling it for that price (price-matching will get it even lower), so having the DVD "delivered" isn't even necessary--instant gratification and a lot less headaches. Plus you might even get a glimpse of that big orange ball in the sky if you went to a store. And i STILL dont see how $14.48 delivered is better than 9.99 picked up (and since the deal is over, just like the best buy deal you still aren't "proving" a damn thing). $4.49 to wait an extra few days so you won't have to leave your house. What test drive gave you these sam goody g/cs? You must have driven a lot of cars...PS Don't call me a cat either.

[This message has been edited by DVDKrayzie (edited September 19, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by DVDKrayzie (edited September 19, 2000).]
Old 09-19-00, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i did share!!!! thats why i provided links in my first post.. The point of the post is to say that the deal went through....

<HR>

Ok - I'm sorry... I didn't ever see the other post you're talking about. The title of this post sounded like you were bragging. And I don't really think you are an a-hole... It was tongue in cheek that didn't translate well at all.

But I do think you're kindof a jerk and I wouldn't invite you over for Thanksgiving.

[This message has been edited by Trigger (edited September 19, 2000).]
Old 09-19-00, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peep, again you doubt me... I spoke to CSR and they have been confirmed shipped... the ones that didn't ship were the preorders....

hey i remember you posting when i exposed this deal didn't you take advantage of the situation?
<HR>

I took advantage of it, but not nearly to the extent that you did. I placed several larger orders using just my giftcard, because I wanted to ensure that they went through. Then I made several single item orders with my replay card that consisted of movies that I never would buy unless I got them for next to nothing.

The way I figure it, the greedier you are, the more likely you are to shoot yourself in the foot by placing a suspiciously large amount of orders.

And I agree with Trigger about the tone of your post (although I don't see where he gets off calling you and 'a-hole' and then claiming it was 'tongue in cheek').
Old 09-20-00, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Peep:
I took advantage of it, but not nearly to the extent that you did. I placed several larger orders using just my giftcard, because I wanted to ensure that they went through. Then I made several single item orders with my replay card that consisted of movies that I never would buy unless I got them for next to nothing.

The way I figure it, the greedier you are, the more likely you are to shoot yourself in the foot by placing a suspiciously large amount of orders.

And I agree with Trigger about the tone of your post (although I don't see where he gets off calling you and 'a-hole' and then claiming it was 'tongue in cheek').
<HR>

I think I talk to you people like I talk to my friends and I call all my friends a-holes as a joke... I guess I should stop. Again - I'm sorry.
Old 09-21-00, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now you tell us.

------------------
Regards...

John 3:16