Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

[DEAD] Star Trek Original Series Complete $54.28 @DVDPLANET with limited time coupon

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

[DEAD] Star Trek Original Series Complete $54.28 @DVDPLANET with limited time coupon

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-15, 07:01 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Dvdplanet.com has 10 percent off coupon expires at 10 pm pacific time tonight. "10LESS" is the code

The final price for the complete star trek original series on BD is $54.28 with coupon and shipping. It was on back order but they just shipped mine today a few hours after ordering.
http://www.dvdplanet.com/star-trek-o...k/032429068446

Similar deal was posted in sister store deepdiscount.com thread but coupon required purchase of an additional 2 to 4 items and may have been higher in price.
Old 09-14-15, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: [DEAD] Star Trek Original Series Complete $54.28 @DVDPLANET with limited time coupon

Wish I waited. Ordered it from DD over a week ago for $60.99 and just learned it shipped a day or two ago.
Old 09-14-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the complete series on DVD for $2.99 at Bestbuy last month or I'd probably get this.
Old 09-14-15, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: [DEAD] Star Trek Original Series Complete $54.28 @DVDPLANET with limited time coupon

This is going to seem petty, but it's one of the reasons I'm upgrading now or waiting. Anybody know what the packaging for these being shipped now? I really like the new ultra slim cases the individual seasons come in. But the pictures for the complete series seems to be those old, fat, cases. I'm trying to reduce space in addition to upgrading things due to better video and audio.

If these come in the fat cases I'll wait until I can pick up the slimmer cases individually.
Old 09-14-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

The offer at DVDPlanet looks identical to what I purchased from Amazon.ca a month or so back. The "set" is nothing more than the individual season releases with a sticker over the shrink wrap which holds the three seasons together. No outer box at all.
Old 09-14-15, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
The offer at DVDPlanet looks identical to what I purchased from Amazon.ca a month or so back. The "set" is nothing more than the individual season releases with a sticker over the shrink wrap which holds the three seasons together. No outer box at all.
That's correct, Paramount did nothing special for the complete set.
Old 09-14-15, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Then why does the image for the complete series set have Seasons 1 and 2 looking like they are an inch thick when the Season 1 only release looks like a normal slim case (like Season 3 in this picture)?

Last edited by hdnmickey; 09-14-15 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-15-15, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Then why does the image for the complete series set have Seasons 1 and 2 looking like they are an inch thick when the Season 1 only release looks like a normal slim case (like Season 3 in this picture)[/img]
Don't know about that but the photo is accurate. S1 & S2 are 15/16 inch thick with S3 in a 9/16 inch slim case. I'm fairly sure that's because S1 & S2 have 7 discs each with S3 having 6 discs. I've not yet opened my S3 season but I'd guess 6 discs is all that can be squeezed into that smaller case.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 09-15-15 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-15-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Don't know about that but the photo is accurate. S1 & S2 are 15/16 inch thick with S3 in a 9/16 inch slim case. I'm fairly sure that's because S1 & S2 have 7 discs each with S3 having 6 discs. I've not yet opened my S3 season but I'd guess 6 discs is all that can be squeezed into that smaller case.
But there are individual releases of S1 and S2 that look exactly like S3 in that set. If I was to guess it's because all the complete series sets are made up of the remaining stock of the fat cases.

Like I posted earlier, It's petty but I would rather wait until I can pick up the smaller individual releases at a cheap price if the complete series has those fatter cases.
Old 09-18-15, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: [DEAD] Star Trek Original Series Complete $54.28 @DVDPLANET with limited time cou

Got my set from Deepdiscount, the sister company of Dvdplanet, and seasons 1&2 were fairly thin, as thin as I've seen any bluray set containing 7 discs. Season 3 was still the thinnest as shown in the photo. Yeah, I overpaid a bit buying from Deepdiscount but I never thought this would ever drop below $20 a season.