Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Couch Potato 15% discount code

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-15, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Couch Potato 15% discount code

https://www.couchpotato.com/

This is the website for an Amazon Marketplace seller called Warehouse Deals 4 Less. I ordered from them off Amazon and apparently the generic "SUMMER15" code will take 15% off your order at their website. Shipping is free on all orders.

I don't have the time to exhaustively search their media stock (they carry over 500 Blu-rays) but did notice the I Love Lucy Blu-ray season for under $25 with coupon. Maybe others will find some good deals.
Old 09-07-15, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Re: Couch Potato 15% discount code

Bates Motel season 1 blu would have been a steal at $9.99 + Free shipping and 15% off but goes up to $20 when you add it to your cart
Old 09-07-15, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The same thing happens with the complete Borgias set.
Old 09-07-15, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

If anyone is interested in the Herzog Collection @ 84.99, the 15% would be a good deal....well, a few dimes less than the $73 anyway. For those penny-pinchers, go for it!
Old 09-07-15, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
If anyone is interested in the Herzog Collection @ 84.99, the 15% would be a good deal....well, a few dimes less than the $73 anyway. For those penny-pinchers, go for it!
Thanks. sent an email to ShoutFactory to cancel the earlier order (hope they are good with email handling as there's no phone to contact them). This saves me 8.5% CA Sales Tax - and at around $7, that's 70 dimes !!
Old 09-07-15, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I wasn't going to get the Halloween Deluxe set, even though it is now OOP, but with the coupon and free shipping I got it at $72.24. Thanks Phantom!!
Old 09-07-15, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
I wasn't going to get the Halloween Deluxe set, even though it is now OOP, but with the coupon and free shipping I got it at $72.24. Thanks Phantom!!
whoah, when did OOP on this happen ? seems to be available everywhere
Old 09-07-15, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shout Factory's site states that it is no longer available and to check other online retailers to see if they have it, so it quetly went OOP. It was supposed to limited.
https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...deluxe-edition

Get it now while you can.
Old 09-07-15, 04:04 PM

Shout Factory's site states that it is no longer available and to check other online retailers to see if they have it, so it quetly went OOP. It was supposed to limited.
https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...deluxe-edition

Get it now while you can.
Thanks for that info. Still undecided on this one - feel its overpriced even at the discounted price. maybe its just me
Old 09-07-15, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hmmm. Yeah not sure about this. Like the films though.
Old 09-08-15, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got a cancellation notice from them saying that they don't have it in stock. It's the TCM fiasco all over again Oh well.
Old 09-08-15, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a cancellation notice from them saying that they don't have it in stock. It's the TCM fiasco all over again Oh well.
Yeah, mine got cancelled too. This seemed to be the cheapest this has ever been except for the TCM fiasco. I was on the fence about this anyway, but it was Shout/Scream and was going OOP, so I at least gave it a whirl.
Old 09-09-15, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

There will be another set created or reprinted. Something that popular won't just fade away into Shout! Factory's Vault.
Old 09-09-15, 06:30 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Except it was a deal with Anchor Bay, so I'd say it's more possible than average that this could just go and stay OOP.
Old 09-09-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Shout Factory also took another licensed property, the Vincent Price Collection, out of print after two years.
Old 09-10-15, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Yeah, mine got cancelled too. This seemed to be the cheapest this has ever been except for the TCM fiasco. I was on the fence about this anyway, but it was Shout/Scream and was going OOP, so I at least gave it a whirl.
Well they cancelled my order. The order status on my order was cancelled, but guess what -- no refund to my paypal account. Took another email to get them to refund. Why do these little companies pull this kind of crap instead of just refunding the money when they cancel? Movies Unlimited pulled t his crap when they cancelled In Search Of. It took another email to get them to do what t hey said they'd do in the first place. Highly suspect.

Here is the email:

Hi,
There was a unexpected error with the system that did not let the refund go through the first time I did it, so I went and issue your refund again and it went through.

Thank you for letting us know to fix the matter.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
Couch Potato Entertainment
170 Williams Drive
Ramsey, NJ 07446.
An unexpected error. Yep. They got caught.
Old 09-10-15, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Most smaller retailers are using order management software that isn't really built to handle Paypal, a relative newcomer to merchant transactions. When a credit card order is canceled, the software automatically sends the refund. There is no built-in automatic Paypal refund when a Paypal order gets canceled, it has to be done manually for many retailers. I've come across the problem at so many retailers, particularly ones that don't have much customer service.
Old 09-13-15, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Ordered 3 items, they canceled 2.
Old 09-15-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Well they cancelled my order. The order status on my order was cancelled, but guess what -- no refund to my paypal account. Took another email to get them to refund. Why do these little companies pull this kind of crap instead of just refunding the money when they cancel? Movies Unlimited pulled t his crap when they cancelled In Search Of. It took another email to get them to do what t hey said they'd do in the first place. Highly suspect.

Here is the email:

An unexpected error. Yep. They got caught.
I've e-mailed them twice so far and I still haven't received my PayPal refund. I'm going to call their customer service # tomorrow. Ive never had this happen where I don't receive a refund in a timely fashion. I need some advise. Do I go through PayPal if I dont get anywhere with the CS Rep on the phone?
Old 09-15-15, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yep, contact Paypal.
Old 09-23-15, 04:39 PM

My order of Herzog collection was shipped out 9/8. Haven't received it yet. USPS Tracking shows expected delivery date as 9/21. It is 9/23 and it wasn't delivered today as well. Status says package reached Kearny in NJ on 9/14 - no other updates after that. Tried calling Couchpotato but seems like they are closed for Yom Kippur until 9/24. Yet another USPS fiasco anyone thinks ? in the endless issues that plague this wretched service
Old 09-23-15, 04:40 PM

I've e-mailed them twice so far and I still haven't received my PayPal refund. I'm going to call their customer service # tomorrow. Ive never had this happen where I don't receive a refund in a timely fashion. I need some advise. Do I go through PayPal if I dont get anywhere with the CS Rep on the phone?
Did you get your refund processed ? am facing a delivery issue and need to contact them. TIA
Old 09-23-15, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
There will be another set created or reprinted. Something that popular won't just fade away into Shout! Factory's Vault.
Well, there's a new Halloween film in the works, so I wouldn't expect another mega set at the very least until that one releases on BD, which will probably be a couple years away.
Old 09-25-15, 06:58 PM

Is there no accountability whatsoever for the meaningless SLA's that USPS follows ? an order shipped out on 9/8 from NJ reached me in SoCal today after 17 days. Tracking is utterly meaningless

But on the other hand, Customer Service with Couchpotato was a good experience. I had Rachel look into it and provide me almost an everyday update the last 3 days after the package became 'trackable' eventually. She seemed genuine in her apology
Old 09-25-15, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Did you get your refund processed ? am facing a delivery issue and need to contact them. TIA
Yes it went through. It seems like they have a problem with their refunds through PayPay, but it all worked out. They responded to my e-mails and worked on the issue so it was a good experience on that part. It's too bad the shopping experience of my story fell through.