Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018, D: Bayona) S: Pratt, Howard

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-23-15, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

You knew once it became the 3rd largest grossing film of all time...
‘Jurassic World’ Sequel to Hit Theaters in 2018
July 23, 2015 | 11:43AM PT Justin Kroll
Film Reporter @krolljvar

After the smash success of “Jurassic World,” Universal has dated a sequel for June 22, 2018.

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are on board to return in the film, which will be exec produced by Steven Spielberg through Amblin Entertainment.

Colin Trevorrow, who directed “Jurassic World,” will co-write the screenplay with Derek Connolly.
Old 07-23-15, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Jurassic Galaxy: World Star!!! (2018 d:? s: Pratt, Howard)

I really don't know where it can go from JW. A friend of mine suggested a dinosaur military film, like Zero Dark Thirty with raptors. I'm not so sure. JW ended perfectly for me.
Old 07-23-15, 03:38 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

T-rex trains his own army of velociraptors but loses control of them when he drops the clicker and can't pick it back up.

Old 07-23-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

Definitely not surprising but I agree that I can't see what direction they'll go next. Other than retreading the idea of The Lost World and having dinosaurs break out and wreak havoc on a major city.
Old 07-23-15, 03:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
I really don't know where it can go from JW.
Zombie dinosaurs!
Ninja dinosaurs!
Pirate dinosaurs!
The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Old 07-23-15, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 184 Likes on 128 Posts

Doesn't matter, dinosaurs.
Old 07-23-15, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that scientist guy that took that DNA is a loose end. Still though... not sure where to go from this.
Old 07-23-15, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barbisol canister!
If they can have a 22 year old jeep start up, then they can come up with a story for the canister with the stolen Dino embryos
Old 07-23-15, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
that scientist guy that took that DNA is a loose end. Still though... not sure where to go from this.
Definitely hinted at the military angle.
Old 07-23-15, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Jurassic World 2:
Terrorists kidnap Dr. Wu and his annoying niece and force him to make some dino weapons at site C. The US Navy SEALS, Owen and Claire rescue them.

Jurassic World 3:
Coprorate henchmen kidnap Claire and force Owen to help them train their dino-weapons at site D. And then:
Spoiler:
Dr. Alan Grant and Dr. Ian Malcolm and the US Marines rescue them!
Old 07-23-15, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

After seeing Sharknado 3, I want to see Dinosaurs in Space.
Old 07-23-15, 11:05 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Just got back from seeing JW. Not surprised to hear a sequel was greenlit, but agree not sure where they go from here. The ending to JW served as a good bookend.
Old 07-24-15, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
I really don't know where it can go from JW. A friend of mine suggested a dinosaur military film, like Zero Dark Thirty with raptors. I'm not so sure. JW ended perfectly for me.
Yeah, I'm not sure where it goes either. A big chunk of what makes JURASSIC WORLD so much fun is seeing an operating, working theme park. They can't do that in the sequel (they'd have to ask the audience to take a HUGE leap of believably to accept that the park would ever open again), which makes me worry that they'll just do another "Lost World" type of theme, which Jurassic Park II and III proved doesn't work very well.

The only thing that might work is dinosaurs on the mainland again...but not just a climax in San Diego...a big chunk of the movie with a ton of dinos in NYC or Los Angeles.
Old 07-24-15, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

I'm wondering what Universal execs are going through in terms of keeping the same human cast the entire time. On the one hand, the draw is really about the Dino action, but on the other hand they don't want to mess up any element of the formula that made this #3 all time, which can include a good cast.

But if it's the same humans every time, their bargaining power will increase, and as a lesser concern, the suspense (within the movie) would dissipate.
Old 07-24-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts

I don't know how y'all don't see where this is heading? The ending gave you speculation that they will start CREATING newer more dangerous dinosaurs. Wu will probably be shipped to Russia, China or Korea and flying raptors will run amok! It will now be about the older dinos fighting the new dinos and resemble the arcade game Primal Rage
Old 07-24-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
But if it's the same humans every time, their bargaining power will increase, and as a lesser concern, the suspense (within the movie) would dissipate.
Chris Pratt was already signed for the sequel (and possibly a third movie as well), so that was a no-brainer.
Old 07-24-15, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know where they would go with a sequel? It's fucking Dinosaurs. Wise the fuck up.
Old 07-24-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I'm wondering what Universal execs are going through in terms of keeping the same human cast the entire time. On the one hand, the draw is really about the Dino action, but on the other hand they don't want to mess up any element of the formula that made this #3 all time, which can include a good cast.

What suspense? As far as who's going to survive? I don't think anyone thought that Pratt, Howard, or the two kids were going to die in this movie.

The problem as others have stated is that by design they have to change the formula back away from a theme park. If they really go the military angle, or do mainly genetically modified dinosaurs, I think I'm out.
Old 07-24-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I don't know how y'all don't see where this is heading? The ending gave you speculation that they will start CREATING newer more dangerous dinosaurs. Wu will probably be shipped to Russia, China or Korea and flying raptors will run amok! It will now be about the older dinos fighting the new dinos and resemble the arcade game Primal Rage
Pretty much. The Dr. left and will be a big piece in the following film. Dinosaurs fighting terrorists and then the whole world needs to be together to fight the dinosaurs off as they are killing all types of humans.

Either way, why 2018? 3 years is just too damn long.
Old 07-24-15, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
Don't know where they would go with a sequel? It's fucking Dinosaurs. Wise the fuck up.
Exactly.

Old 07-24-15, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Flashforward and ....

Old 07-24-15, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

In the Jurassic World thread, someone suggested a plot that occurs in the distant future, and dinosaurs are once again the dominant species on planet earth. There are still a few colonies of humans on earth, and they must work together to make the dinosaurs extinct again.

I thought that was a good idea.
Old 07-24-15, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 526 Likes on 329 Posts

Let's combine the new Plant Of The Apes series with the new Jurassic Park films.
Old 07-25-15, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

There's probably several military scenarios that could be used.
Some kind of Area 51 military installation where they are working on military application of raptors. They get loose and military fights them. Some get out of installation and attack nearby town.
They could engineer smarter dinos that figure out how to use weapons.
Military cargo carrier with hold full of raptors could fly over enemy, open hold dropping raptors onto enemy troops.

Jurassic World War
World War J
Old 08-03-15, 12:44 PM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts

The future of Jurassic World just might live up to its title, with director Colin Trevorrow hinting that the sequel to this summer's dino-revival could spread far beyond the island setting of the original.

The second installment of the reborn franchise will not be "just a bunch of dinosaurs chasing people on an island," Trevorrow told Wired. Instead, he suggested, audiences should think less about Jurassic World as a monster movie, and more about the science behind it all.

"There are applications for this science that reach far beyond entertainment," the director, who'll co-write and produce the follow-up, teased. "When you look back at nuclear power and how that started, the first instinct was to weaponize it and later on we found it could be used for energy."

More worryingly for the citizens of the Jurassicverse, Trevorrow suggested that it's not just the Masrani Corporation that knows how to build a better dino. "This isn’t something necessarily that was in the book but is a seed that I wanted to plant in this movie, is that might be able to grow in more of these movies if they decide to make more of them, is: What if this went open source? It's almost like InGen is Mac, but what if PC gets their hands on it? What if there are 15 different entities around the world who can make a dinosaur?"

Does this mean that Jurassic World 2 could feature competing dinosaur battles? Trevorrow isn't saying. "I think that’s an interesting idea that even if we don’t explore fully in [Jurassic World], there is room for this universe to expand." He quickly added, "I shouldn’t use the word universe, because people will think we’re making a Jurassic World universe — we’re not."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ebook_20150803

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.