Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

German film "Picco" DVD

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

German film "Picco" DVD

Old 05-02-15, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
German film "Picco" DVD

Does anyone know where I can buy a DVD of the German film "Picco" with English Subtitles? Any DVD region code will work.
Old 05-11-15, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: German film "Picco" DVD

Amazon Germany has it but I cannot tell if it has English subtitles.

Same with Amazon UK but no listing of subtitles.

DVDTalk member flixtime may be able to help you.
Old 05-11-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Simply chiming in to say I'm not aware of any English-friendly release. I suspect tangovictor might have done a fairly exhaustive search before sending up a flare here. In comparison, my search was likely more "usual suspects" and cursory in nature. Just to put it out there, from a check at dtm.at the German disc doesn't appear to have English subtitles. And the mentioned Amazon UK listing appears to be just another listing for the German release. Didn't see anything at daaveedee either....not to mention some other places I checked...again have a feeling tangovictor already went through all that and more before trying here.
Old 05-13-15, 04:03 PM

Yes, I have tried Amazon US, UK and Germany, along with eBay worldwide. There are a couple of intriguing leads, such as the "German Films" site, which promotes German Film, and indicates there does exist a Picco DVD with English subs (and one with French subs).
Also, the "Film Screenings" section of the Museum of Modern Art (NYC) web site indicates that on Sunday, May 1, 2011 in NYC there was a screening of Picco with English subs.
Old 05-13-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

tangovictor3, welcome to the forum!

Appreciate your mention of the german-films website...looks like an interesting site and one I was not familiar with prior to your post. Have you tried e-mailing some of the contacts available on that site? They even have a foreign rep. with an office in New York...or perhaps the World Sales agent listed on the page for PICCO.

Good luck in your search!
Old 05-13-15, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I will email the contacts listed on the German Films site and report back any info. I receive.
Old 05-14-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sure thing...I'm curious to learn how things work out in the end...hopefully you manage a positive result.

And just wanted to offer a tip of the hat to DVDTalker speedy1961 for the icebreaker on this thread...always good to be reminded that for anything to happen the first requirement is to open the lines of communication.
Old 05-18-15, 03:40 PM

I sent a query to the "Picco" Munich distributor and got this reply:

>Hello Tom,
sorry, we haven't a DVD of PICCO with
English subtitles...
All the best
Am 15.05.2015 um 03:32 schrieb Tom:
Hello,
Do you know where I could purchase a DVD of "Picco" with English Subtitles? I live in the USA, but am willing to purchase from any other place.
Thanks very much,
Thomas Vines,
Red Lodge, Montana USA<

I also sent a query to the French distributor and to Philip Koch, the film's director, but have not yet heard from either of those contacts.
Old 05-20-15, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe try the contact for U.S./Canada...on the german-films site, if you go to the "About Us" tab at the top, the menu will bring up some options which include "Foreign Representatives", click to that page and you will see contact info. for the U.S./Canada representative in New York. I would try e-mailing him (and perhaps even a follow-up phone call if you don't hear back within a reasonable amount of time). If not an official DVD, perhaps you can try for some sort of screener copy.
Old 05-20-15, 07:00 PM

OK, that makes sense. I'll give it a try.

Thanks!