Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Where can i sell a bundle of dvd's?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-15, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent had a chance to count my collection in a little while but i have close to 400 dvd's in two cases that I was looking to sell. I do not have the movie cases anymore but they are all in good condition. Its is a really good collection. If anyone has any advise could you email me? [email protected]
Old 04-18-15, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Where can i sell a bundle of dvd's?

They're really hard to resale without cases. You're pretty much stuck with 50 cents each at a swap meet unless you have a friend who'd want them.
Old 04-19-15, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

50 cents each at a swap meet
Or less as in a quarter.
Old 04-19-15, 02:01 PM

try ebay; people sell their entire collections or bundles there all the time. if that doesn't work, maybe one of those older mom-and-pop video stores. last resort: craigslist. give up: donate to library
Old 04-19-15, 02:52 PM

If it were me, I would sell them on ebay. If you have any rare or OOP DVDs, than I would probably list them singularly instead of selling them as a lot. That way, each title gets its own listing and it's easier for the buyer to find. I would probably start each one at .99. Shipping should be low because you can send it in an envelope with a piece of cardboard. If the title is rare or OOP, it might sell high.
Old 04-19-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I would do as Ron Lee Green says.

But I fear an important factor is condition.

One of my friends; his DVD collection was all in a binder disc only - trashing the cases and everything else.

While it was convenient (for him); the resell on that style of library is quite limited. Every disc without fail were scratched up. Yes, they play, but for folks like myself. I don't even bother looking.
Old 04-19-15, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnIan
I would do as Ron Lee Green says.

But I fear an important factor is condition.

One of my friends; his DVD collection was all in a binder disc only - trashing the cases and everything else.

While it was convenient (for him); the resell on that style of library is quite limited. Every disc without fail were scratched up. Yes, they play, but for folks like myself. I don't even bother looking.
Yep.
Old 04-20-15, 04:45 PM

Why would anyone throw away the movie cases? The naked uncased DVD movies have as much appeal as homemade mixed audio cassettes and 8 track tapes. VHS movies have already landed into obscurity with the present generation not able to even purchase a VHS player at any of the boxed stores anymore. DVD's are headed in the same direction because of downloading and DVR players. The All Media Players which can play any format including flash drives are available for purchase on the INTERNET. When you ask a clerk at one of the big boxed stores if they have any All Media Players in stock, they look at you like you are crazy.

The prices for used DVD movies has steadily dropped at the flea markets, the Cash Converter type chains, and the mom and pop pawn shops to $1.00 each. Even the brand new DVD's at the Dollar Tree type stores selling for $1.00 each are starting to build up with nary a purchaser.
Old 04-22-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

99% of mainstream Hollywood fare is largely worthless on DVD. Some value still remains in rare and exotic DVDs, mostly from niche labels.
Old 04-22-15, 03:35 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by smartalec44
Why would anyone throw away the movie cases? The naked uncased DVD movies have as much appeal as homemade mixed audio cassettes and 8 track tapes.
They take up too much space. Mine go in the trash anytime I buy a new one. I don't plan on selling any of mine looking to make money.
Old 05-07-15, 09:02 PM
Cool New Member

Ebay is the best bet here.
Old 05-08-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

For the past 5-6 month's i've been selling the dvds that came with the Blu-ray's I have purchased. Mostly on our local CL. Just the dvd in a cd/dvd paper sleeve. I was getting maybe $4-5 for the newer releases & maybe $3 for the older stuff. Now I am down to $2 a dvd. I have sold maybe 100 dvds with about 150 left.
Old 09-09-15, 04:40 AM

It's great to shop online. I don't have to go out to stores to look for the item. I want used books and games. Everything in an online store is displayed out there for you and you can explore for specific items easily with convenient filters.
Old 09-09-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I will say that the eBay APP is pretty phenomenal in terms of listing items. It's way easier to do than on an actual desktop or laptop.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 09-09-15 at 04:36 PM.