Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-15, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Announced in November 2014 for a Spring 2015 release

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hj6cXziHpjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Limited Edition Bundle with Skull Kid figure. Announced yesterday as an exclusive to Amazon, GameStop, and Fry's, preorders are already sold out at those places.

Old 01-07-15, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Looking forward to this for sure. I managed to grab an LE for that Skull Kid statue.
Old 01-07-15, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went to my local Gamestop as soon as they opened today and managed to get an in-store "web pre-order" or some such nonsense for the LE. I'm mostly over LEs, but I'm a Zelda fanatic and that figure looks great.
Old 01-07-15, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not interested in dropping $10 more for a figure, but definitely excited for the regular release!
Old 01-07-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm impressed that someone started an individual thread for this release over a lot of the other 3DS games, even Link Between Worlds.

I might get this down the line, since I didn't have a N64 and didn't play Ocarina or this one. Obviously Ocarina will take precedence if I can get a good deal on it. As for the poll, Link to the Past is my fav by far, but I haven't been a fan of a lot of games that transitioned to 3D.
Old 01-07-15, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does having that big a box for a game whose selling point is portability seem funny to anyone else?
Old 01-07-15, 06:51 PM

Normally I am not very interested in collectors editions of games, but a Skull Kid figure for just $10 more, hell yea i'm in!
Old 01-07-15, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

The Limited Edition bundle is in stock for Pre-order at Best Buy. $39.99 with GCU. Go, Go, Go!
Old 01-08-15, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I went to my local Gamestop as soon as they opened today and managed to get an in-store "web pre-order" or some such nonsense for the LE. I'm mostly over LEs, but I'm a Zelda fanatic and that figure looks great.
Yeah, Gamestop is doing that new "Web In-Store" pre-order thing. Pay up front at the store. I'm wondering if they are moving towards this method for all pre-orders in the future.
Old 01-08-15, 07:04 AM

The only thing that would make this better is if that Skull Kid statue had secret Amiibo capabilities, lol.
Old 01-08-15, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by M Polo
The only thing that would make this better is if that Skull Kid statue had secret Amiibo capabilities, lol.
Use it to unlock the exclusive "Ben Drowned" mode!
Old 01-09-15, 04:56 AM

Dude at Nintendo World Report seems to think Majora's Mask 3D will be coming out next month, perhaps along with the New 3DS models:

Along with the New 3DS, I’ve heard Majora’s Mask 3D could come out in mid-February as well. With hints of New 3DS support for the Zelda remake, it’s likely it could be pitched as a “launch game” for the new handheld. In my eyes, that makes too much sense, as Majora’s Mask 3D is likely the most marketable 3DS game in 2015 we currently know about. Hitching the remake of this Nintendo 64 classic to the New 3DS launch just seems like the right move.

(snip)

If you’re looking for some kind of confidence level in the different rumors and murmurs I’ve heard, I’d say I’m very confident that Majora’s Mask 3D is coming out in February and mildly confident that the New 3DS will come out at the same time. Another reason I believe the two items will launch together is the glaring lack of a release date for Majora’s Mask 3D when the Limited Edition was announced. Why would Nintendo hold back on announcing the game’s release date if not to reveal that the title will be paired with the the New 3DS at launch? Maybe that news isn’t as big as the New 3DS, but if you’re looking for maximum impact, announcing a new system revision alongside a Zelda game, even if it is a remake, seems like a wonderful move for everyone involved.

A release alongside the new hardware makes sense but mid-February seems way too early to me. I'm thinking late March or April sometime.
Old 01-09-15, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Use it to unlock the exclusive "Ben Drowned" mode!
Wow, that would be fantastic! I definitely want a possessed cartridge!
Old 01-09-15, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt
Dude at Nintendo World Report seems to think Majora's Mask 3D will be coming out next month, perhaps along with the New 3DS models:

Along with the New 3DS, I’ve heard Majora’s Mask 3D could come out in mid-February as well. With hints of New 3DS support for the Zelda remake, it’s likely it could be pitched as a “launch game” for the new handheld. In my eyes, that makes too much sense, as Majora’s Mask 3D is likely the most marketable 3DS game in 2015 we currently know about. Hitching the remake of this Nintendo 64 classic to the New 3DS launch just seems like the right move.

(snip)

If you’re looking for some kind of confidence level in the different rumors and murmurs I’ve heard, I’d say I’m very confident that Majora’s Mask 3D is coming out in February and mildly confident that the New 3DS will come out at the same time. Another reason I believe the two items will launch together is the glaring lack of a release date for Majora’s Mask 3D when the Limited Edition was announced. Why would Nintendo hold back on announcing the game’s release date if not to reveal that the title will be paired with the the New 3DS at launch? Maybe that news isn’t as big as the New 3DS, but if you’re looking for maximum impact, announcing a new system revision alongside a Zelda game, even if it is a remake, seems like a wonderful move for everyone involved.

A release alongside the new hardware makes sense but mid-February seems way too early to me. I'm thinking late March or April sometime.
Will I still be able to play this on my "shitty" old Zelda 3ds that I just bought
last year? I'm already pissed enough that I won't be able to play Xenoblade without upgrading.
Old 01-09-15, 11:13 AM

Yeah, it's playable on all 3DS/2DS systems.
Old 01-09-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still don't have a 3DS, but it will be impossible not to pass this up. I guess I'll be taking the plunge whenever this new model comes out.

What's the difference between the new 3DS and the 3DS XL that's currently out there?
Old 01-09-15, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by My Other Self
What's the difference between the new 3DS and the 3DS XL that's currently out there?
More-powerful CPU; better 3D; a few new buttons including a C-stick-like nub; amiibo-ready; and better battery life, amongst other things. And apparently Majora's Mask will somehow play slightly differently on the new hardware (link):

The Nintendo 3DS remake of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is going to play a little differently on the New Nintendo 3DS, series producer Eiji Aonuma teased in a Famitsu interview this week.

Visually, the game will look the same on both versions of the 3DS, Aonuma said, but added, "Please wait for the opportunity to discuss how playing on the New 3DS differs at a later date." That's according to comments translated by Nintendo Everything.

I was planning on starting a new thread for the New 3DS whenever they announce the U.S. release date, unless someone else starts one before then.
Old 01-09-15, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm so pumped for this. This is the one of two Zelda games I haven't played to completion. Threw it in the GameCube last year and just had a hard time getting into it for several reasons. Can't wait to get this.
Old 01-12-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Any word on if there will be some type of official guide for this?
Old 01-12-15, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Any word on if there will be some type of official guide for this?
Gamestop has finally listed it (outside of their "bundle"). No Amazon yet.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds...y-guide/119586
Old 01-12-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks.
Old 01-12-15, 10:14 PM

Nintendo World Report dude may have been spot-on with his guess of a mid-February launch; lots of rumors today saying the New 3DS will be out February 13th.

Nintendo just announced a Nintendo Direct for Wednesday morning for their Spring 2015 3DS and Wii U lineups, so we should finally get release dates for the new hardware and Majora's Mask.

Last edited by Matt; 01-13-15 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-14-15, 08:49 AM

February 13 release date confirmed.

The New 3DS XL feature is a 360-degree camera using the C-stick

And there's this:

Last edited by Matt; 01-14-15 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-14-15, 02:24 PM

Had to get it!
Old 01-16-15, 06:29 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PvV56AJS8dY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.