Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Francis Ford Coppola preparing another Italian American saga

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-14, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dropping by the Produced By Conference earlier this month, the director revealed (via Variety) that he was writing "a multi-generational saga about an Italian American family not unlike his own." So, a return to the kind of storytelling that anchored "The Godfather"? It kinda sounds like it. Back in 2012, Coppola shared details of a project he was working on at the time, one that he said he was nearly ready to start shooting. "My story is set in New York. I have a first draft. I’m really ready for a casting phase," he said. "Movies are big in proportion to the period. It starts in the middle of the ‘20s, and there are sections in the ‘30s and the late ‘40s, and it goes until the late ‘60s."
Old 06-18-14, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Francis Ford Coppola preparing another Italian American saga

thats such awesome news. Really LOVED the 3 films he made in the past 7-8 years. Its been about 4 years with no real news of a new project so I was starting to worry that since he was financing these films himself and none of them really made any money or found much of an audience, that he might have given up on that sort of thing. Hopefully this new project happens. Big Coppola fan.
Old 06-19-14, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Dropping by the Produced By Conference earlier this month, the director revealed (via Variety) that he was writing "a multi-generational saga about an Italian American family not unlike his own." So, a return to the kind of storytelling that anchored "The Godfather"? It kinda sounds like it. Back in 2012, Coppola shared details of a project he was working on at the time, one that he said he was nearly ready to start shooting. "My story is set in New York. I have a first draft. I’m really ready for a casting phase," he said. "Movies are big in proportion to the period. It starts in the middle of the ‘20s, and there are sections in the ‘30s and the late ‘40s, and it goes until the late ‘60s."
Wow, he's doing a movie about the 7 Santini Brothers!

A true multi-generational Italian-American epic if ever there was one:

Too bad Hal Needham's no longer around to do the second unit direction of the trucking scenes.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 06-19-14 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-19-14, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
thats such awesome news. Really LOVED the 3 films he made in the past 7-8 years.

I also loved Twixt, Youth Without Youth & Tetro.