TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Suits -- "Heartburn" -- 3/27/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Suits -- "Heartburn" -- 3/27/14

Season 3, Episode 14

Episode Synopsis: A major client demands that Harvey and Mike perform an unpleasant task; Louis faces a difficult challenge; Laura collects an old debt. Original Air Date: Mar 27, 2014

Episode 14 of 16
Old 03-27-14, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Suits -- "Heartburn" -- 3/27/14

So is this show wrapping up for good? Because the only way I see Mike taking that job (which he should) is if the show is coming to a close (or they're simply writing Mike off).
Old 03-27-14, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
So is this show wrapping up for good? Because the only way I see Mike taking that job (which he should) is if the show is coming to a close (or they're simply writing Mike off).
Nope it will return this summer after these episodes wrap.
Old 03-28-14, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Of course Mike should take the job but if he does the show is over so something will happen that keeps him there, still in limbo, doing all the research for Harvey and never getting credit outside the firm.

If they write him off the story isn't interesting enough to survive. It then becomes a run of the mill lawyer show.

Although what Harvey said about Mike could set up shop in Iowa but not NYC, Chicago or LA because people would know people. Mike is in NYC, why haven't they come across someone who would have been in his classes at Harvard but they never heard of him. Makes me wonder if that was shoddy writing or a portend of a future story.
Old 03-28-14, 11:40 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I still like and watch this show this season has been a let down compared to previous ones. Hopefully they will get the snappy/witty dialog and good character interaction back soon.
Old 03-28-14, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barelypure
Of course Mike should take the job but if he does the show is over so something will happen that keeps him there, still in limbo, doing all the research for Harvey and never getting credit outside the firm.

If they write him off the story isn't interesting enough to survive. It then becomes a run of the mill lawyer show.

Although what Harvey said about Mike could set up shop in Iowa but not NYC, Chicago or LA because people would know people. Mike is in NYC, why haven't they come across someone who would have been in his classes at Harvard but they never heard of him. Makes me wonder if that was shoddy writing or a portend of a future story.
They sort of made some mention of this once when Litt wanted to hire some chick and Mike knew she would know he didn't go to Harvard....don't remember the exact details...but, yeah, that example is not to disagree with your overall point.
Old 03-29-14, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Well, if he takes the job they could still have him interact with Rachel and Harvey in some capacity. It would be stupid for him not to take the job. I felt really bad for Louis in this one.
Old 03-29-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

We certainly didn't need the gratuitous shot of Louis's ass in the hospital gown.
Old 03-29-14, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Outside of feeling no sympathy for Mike at all, the one problem I'm having with his glass ceiling storyline is it feels too early for this. I don't know how long he's meant to be with the firm, but I imagine he's doing pretty well for himself right now. Sure, maybe he would begin to see the writing on the wall, but it seems to me that he would still be very content with his life at the moment.

Maybe it would be easier to understand if some of the people that were hired when he was were moving up around him, but as it stands he seems to have a pretty great spot at the table as it stands. He's only rubbing elbows with the two people who have their name on the door every single day.