Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movie Quotes (video)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-14, 11:13 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

i'm not sure if this was posted, but for this forum, for this topic, i think it is absolutely awesome for those who love movies. little lengthy @ 10min though, but so worth it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/594Oxq4c0XA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-09-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movie Quotes (video)

"The master does not approve" better be on there.
Old 03-10-14, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny knowing so many of the lines even if I have not seen the movies they came from. Can't help but feel that the following deserve to be included:

"You've got me? Who's got you?"
"I love you." "I know."
"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
"Watch out for snakes!"

Okay, maybe not the last one.
Old 03-10-14, 03:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Needs some Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.
Old 03-10-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Hmmm...they use the score from THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, but don't even include any quotes from it.

And not a single line from THE WILD BUNCH?
"If they move, kill 'em!"
"I'll hold 'em here 'til Hell freezes over or you say different."
"How'd you like to kiss my sister's black cat's ass?"
"I think the boys are right. I'd like to say a few words for the dear, dead departed. And maybe a few hymns'd be in order. Followed by a church supper. With a choir."
"I either lead this bunch or end it right now."
"'They'?...Caught you didn't they, eh? Tied a tin can to your tail. Let you in and waltz you out again. Ha, ha, ha. Oh my, what a bunch. Big, tough one, eh? Ha, ha, ha. Here you are, with a handful of holes, a thumb up your ass, and a big grin to pass the time of day with. They? Who the hell is they?"
"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal - you're finished!"
"I don't see nothin' so lindo about it. Just looks like more Texas as far as I'm concerned."
"She sure ain't your woman no more, boy. Look at her lickin' all inside that general's ear."
"You think Pike and old Sykes haven't been watchin' us. They know what this is all about - and what do I have? Nothin' but you egg-suckin', chicken-stealing gutter trash, with not even sixty rounds between you. We're after men, and I wish to God I was with them."

Or how about this exchange:
Lyle: All your fancy plannin' and talkin' damn near got us shot to pieces over a few lousy bags of washers. Well, this was goin' to be me and Tector's last job before we quit and headed south. We spent all our time and money a-gettin' ready for this!
Pike: You spent all your time and money runnin' whores in Hondo while I spent my stake settin' it up. Hell, I should have been runnin' whores instead of stealin' Army horses.
Lyle: While you was doin' all that plannin', me and Tector was gettin' our bell rope pulled by two... two, mind you, Hondo whores! [starts laughing]
Dutch: [laughing] And Pike was dreamin' of washers... you were matching whores... in tandem!
Lyle: What's that?
Tector: That's one behind t'other.
Lyle: That's right! That's what we was doin'!

Of course, this dialogue doesn't have anywhere near the crackle on the page as it does on the screen. You'd have to sit and watch it to get the full flavor of it, esp. with that great cast.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 03-10-14 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-10-14, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

The video is over 4 years old - I wonder if any movies since 2009 would find there way on the video.
Old 03-10-14, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Also, if there is nothing in there from Princess Bride the video is a failure.
Old 03-10-14, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Missed one of my favorites :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rSUmq-z1xBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>