Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Person of Interest -- "Ram" -- 3/04/14

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Person of Interest -- "Ram" -- 3/04/14

HOW DID FINCH OPERATE BEFORE THE MAN IN THE SUIT? "PERSON OF INTEREST," TUESDAY, MARCH 4

"RAM" - The secrets of Finch's operation before he enlisted Reese are revealed, including shocking ties to present-day events, on PERSON OF INTEREST, Tuesday, March 4 (10:01 - 11:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Jim Caviezel (Reese)
Michael Emerson (Finch)
Kevin Chapman (Detective Fusco)
Sarah Shahi (Shaw)
Amy Acker (Root)

RECURRING CAST:

Annie Parisse (Kara Stanton)
Camryn Manheim (Control)
Jay O. Sanders (Special Counsel)
John Nolan (Greer)

GUEST CAST:

Neil Jackson (Rick Dillinger)
Joseph Mazzello (Daniel Casey)
Casey Siemaszko (Lester Strickland)
Julian Ovenden (Lambert)
Dillan Arrick (Haley McNabb)

WRITTEN BY: Nic Van Zeebroeck and Michael Sopczynski

DIRECTED BY: Stephen Surjik

Read more: Listings - PERSON OF INTEREST on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2v1gTguG1

Episode 16 of 23
Old 03-05-14, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 349 Likes on 268 Posts
Re: Person of Interest -- "Ram" -- 3/04/14

Well that was interesting...

I don't read synopses or watch previews, so it was interesting to see this episode progress.
Old 03-05-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

That was fun (until Root showed up). So I take it that Greer's mysterious boss is in fact not Control.
Old 03-06-14, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

I liked this episode. Kind of a neat little prequel to the Pilot of POI. The events of this episode must have taken place in early 2010 (around January-February) for the timeline of when John was recruited by Harold to work out in the Pilot (which was probably late Fall-Winter)

Interesting to see how Dillinger didn't quite work out. That actor who played Dillinger used to be on the ABC Family gymnastics drama Make it or Break it. This was a major departure from that role.

It was also neat to see how Shaw tied into those events. The writing in this episode was IMO really sharp. You could tell they really planned this out to make the timeline work.

Just a guess, but I think Root will be a 1 season regular character.
Old 03-06-14, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Speaking of the timeline, I found interesting Finch's freakout when seeing the picture of Reese. Have the two crossed paths before only Reese isn't aware?
Old 03-06-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

Now we are talking...this was a great episode for me. The last few have had my spirits down a bit but this one kicked it right back up. Loved how this played out.
Old 03-06-14, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

yeah, it was cool to see all the stories intertwine like that.
Old 03-06-14, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Great episode, though I was hoping we'd see Carter at some point.

I really, really hope Root's gone after this season.
Old 03-07-14, 01:30 AM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
That was fun (until Root showed up). So I take it that Greer's mysterious boss is in fact not Control.
greer's "organization" cant think of the name is associated with the chinese govt

control (camryn manheim) is us government (northern lights/research/office of special counsel/ISA)...they have nothing to do with each other

---

btw Root is an awesome character dont know why people hate her...she is a major 'asset' to the machine and is only carrying out instructions given to her by the machine.

the machine had her collect casey in this episode and sent him to colombia with greenfield (from that episode where she kidnapped shaw and they worked together) because they are "necessary" assets

i suspect they are needed for the self preservation of the machine

Last edited by ATX; 03-07-14 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-07-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ATX
btw Root is an awesome character dont know why people hate her...
Agreed, but opinions vary, so *shrug*. The only thing I've ever really not liked about her is the physical aspect of things like becoming a superhero level expert at shooting a gun (one hand, whirl and shoot) because of the machine. Being told the location of a target is one thing. Having the physical skills (developed only through practice) is another. I overlook that, though, for the rest of the character. The show benefits from her touch of insanity.

Last edited by MikahC; 03-07-14 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-07-14, 10:06 AM
ATX

Originally Posted by MikahC
Agreed, but opinions vary, so *shrug*. The only thing I've ever really not liked about her is the physical aspect of things like becoming a superhero level expert at shooting a gun (one hand, whirl and shoot) because of the machine. Being told the location of a target is one thing. Having the physical skills (developed only through practice) is another. I overlook that, though, for the rest of the character.
you know every woman on tv shows nowadays are excellent marksmen

did you like her when she summoned trinity from the matrix and did that 2 gun 2-handed shit, lol i thought it was awesome
Old 03-08-14, 09:27 AM

just like you also know that any shot to the leg completely incapacitates it's target and prevents them from shooting anymore
Old 03-08-14, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed, but opinions vary, so *shrug*. The only thing I've ever really not liked about her is the physical aspect of things like becoming a superhero level expert at shooting a gun (one hand, whirl and shoot) because of the machine. Being told the location of a target is one thing. Having the physical skills (developed only through practice) is another. I overlook that, though, for the rest of the character. The show benefits from her touch of insanity.
My biggest problem with Root is that she's just a bit too out there for this show. The way she talks to the machine, and how she talks about it just comes off as over the top. I can accept the machine as a possibility, but not someone who fawns over it like they are in love with it.

Anyway I liked this episode a lot. It was probably my second favorite behind the plane episode but I have such a hard time keeping track of the who's who's of this show.
Old 03-08-14, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by robin2099
I can accept the machine as a possibility, but not someone who fawns over it like they are in love with it.
Then you live a charmed existence and do not spend any considerable time with hackers and geeks. So as a person who has, let me tell you -- it's even more believable than the machine. All of which doesn't mean you should enjoy that aspect of it, but I'm just saying...