Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Following -- "Fly Away" -- 2/24/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
The Following -- "Fly Away" -- 2/24/14

Looking for back-up and hoping to execute their plan, Ryan and Max contact the FBI. But Weston has other ideas, leading to a standoff between good and evil. Meanwhile, Joe's new relationship escalates into uncharted territory, and Luke finds himself in a troubling situation in the all-new "Fly Away" episode of THE FOLLOWING airing Monday, Feb. 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FOL-206) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy; James Purefoy as Joe Carroll; Shawn Ashmore as Agent Mike Weston; Valorie Curry as Emma Hill; Connie Nielsen as Lily Gray; Sam Underwood as Luke; Jessica Stroup as Max Hardy; Tiffany Boone as Mandy Lang

Guest Cast: Valerie Cruz as Agent Gina Mendez; Camille De Pazzis as Giselle; Bambadjan Bamba as Sami

Episode 6 of 15
Old 02-24-14, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Following -- "Fly Away" -- 2/24/14

Well, that was interesting. One thing - why isn't Joe dead? I mean, Ryan is thirty-forty feet from him with a pistol in his hand - all he has to do is open the window, put a couple of rounds down thru the roof into the driver side seat and empty the rest of the mag into the passenger seat. Finito. Why Ryan is carrying a SW Shield is another question. You wouldn't want to carry a pistol with 16 or 17 rounds when you can carry one holding 7 as your'e hunting a gaggle of psychos, right? Great planning there.

And Luke - really? He took two full power blows to the head with a 2X6, two stab wounds, two rounds in center mass and still manages to jump Mike? Who then proceeds to pulverize his face with fifteen full on punches - and he's still alive. Man, that's one durable nut job.

Also funny how they seem to have totally forgotten Ryan's heart condition. Guess since the first stabbing caused it, the second stabbing must have cured it.

Nice to see the FBI arrive a day late and a dollar short yet again - and ignore plain indications of a leak.

Best ep this season, LOL.

Last edited by 45shooter; 02-25-14 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Hardy broke the cardinal rule. He didn't disable the vehicle that was sitting there before he went in the house.

How the fuck did Carroll escape? Obviously there was a minute or two between the plane taking off and Ryan showing up, but that was kind of convenient.
Old 02-24-14, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts

Remember in an earlier episode, when the FBI stormed the safe house that the remaining followers were staying in? They had a bunch of guys with body armor and firepower storm in there and secure the place.

It was almost like watching a different show.
Old 02-25-14, 08:04 AM

Did anyone notice at around 47 minutes into the show than Ryan Hardy seems to have breasts?

But that’s impossible (I think). Does anyone know what was in his shirt?

Also, the funniest scene in this episode was about that girl at Joe Carroll stabbed with the poker after being drugged.

She appears to be dead, then grabs Ryan’s hand and groans.
He asks her a question and then just drops her and runs out the house.

A few minutes later he comes running back to ask her where Joe is again. She mumbles some airport and he drops her for the 2nd time and leaves her to die.
Old 02-25-14, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I really thought they would string out the Joe and Lily relationship a bit longer. This episode was definitely back to the implausible action of season one, tons of inexplicable decisions from characters on both sides.

Yes, I did notice that Ryan Hardy will need to start wearing a bra.
Old 02-26-14, 10:17 AM

I liked this episode for the most part, although I thought the first 35 to 40 minutes focused on too much talking. I think this is probably a good reason why the ratings are dwindling this season. People want constant action and less dialogue. I look forward to learning more about Mike Weston. He was a loose cannon in this episode for sure.
Old 02-26-14, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! This episode was crazy.

And yeah, between the crazy bad guys, Ryan going wild, Mike was the highlight of people going crazy. He was unstoppable.

I haven't laugh at an episode like this, in a really long time. Fun times indeed.

I can't wait, the previews seem to indicate that they won't stop with the craziness.
Old 02-26-14, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

yeah I watched this last night too.

Between Joe escaping yet again, Ryan's bouncing man boobs and Mike going apeshit crazy and beating one of the twins to a pulp, the show is getting back to it's nutty roots.

Ryan IMO has been way too watered down this season. He was much more intense and willing to do whatever it takes last season. At least he had 1 decent kill in this episode.

at Joe shutting out Lily Grey and basically saying Fuck off.
Old 03-02-14, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Being one of Lily's kids is worse than being a redshirt.
Old 03-04-14, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 45shooter
And Luke - really? He took two full power blows to the head with a 2X6, two stab wounds, two rounds in center mass and still manages to jump Mike? Who then proceeds to pulverize his face with fifteen full on punches - and he's still alive. Man, that's one durable nut job.
Don't forget two full on face punches from Weston .