Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Boom! Bap! Pow! (Australian band)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-14, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Kept hearing this catchy song on the Value City Furniture commercials and finally decided to look it up and see who does it. Turns out to be a band from Australia called Boom! Bap! Pow!, and after watching a couple more of their songs on YouTube, I ended up liking them well enough to purchase and download their album from Amazon.

Both the lead singer's and the band's sound is reminiscent of old Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, but with more of a soul edge as opposed to ska. She has a good voice and is definitely sexy as hell. Plus, I've always had a soft spot for a band that has the nuts in today's music world to use horns.

It looks like they've been around a few years, mainly touring Australia and building a fan base there. Hopefully they'll come to the states sometime.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7C3uRqjA8UE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mE_UGJ_4XeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/160Lu8LLDI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iiJ400Smz4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-17-14, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Boom! Bap! Pow! (Australian band)

Decided to give them a whirl on Spotify, and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks!
Old 02-17-14, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I listened to their newest album, "So Heavy", a couple times while at work last night. Really good stuff. I came home and bought their 2009 album, "You Got It So Bad For Boom! Bap! Pow!", but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

They have an EP called "No Pleasin'" with the title track and some other non-album songs, but it's only available on the Australian iTunes and I couldn't purchase it. I can understand why I might not be able to purchase something they would have to ship out by mail, but a music download? Didn't make much sense.
Old 02-17-14, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, "So Heavy" is the only one available on Spotify. I think it's great though!