TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Helix -- "Survivor Zero" -- 2/14/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-14, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Helix -- "Survivor Zero" -- 2/14/14

Synopsis:

Daniel makes a discovery; Hatake protects Walker from Sutton's mercenaries.

Episode 7 of 13

Halfway home.
Old 02-15-14, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Helix -- "Survivor Zero" -- 2/14/14

I'm only halfway through the ep but IMHO, This show is going off the rails fast.
Old 02-15-14, 02:01 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

having a scifi pro like Jeri Ryan only highlights how bad the rest of the acting is in this.
Old 02-15-14, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I officially gave up. Considering how it has turned out, I don't think this series will return for a second season.
Old 02-15-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I officially gave up. Considering how it has turned out, I don't think this series will return for a second season.
Agreed. Also I've noticed during this episode it seems there is more "screen graffiti" than normal. All this garbage in the lower right about different shows and now they are adding hashtag stuff in the upper right. It was bad enough when networks were just adding their logo in the bottom corner. Now its all over the place. It's distracting.
Old 02-16-14, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Well, that did almost nothing to advance the plot. We introduced more new characters, established a one-way emotional connection between Hatake and Julia, and brought everybody back to the base.

Questions answered: 0

We saw it with the X-Files and Lost (and who knows how many others): you cannot continue to add mystery on top of mystery without providing any answers. Eventually (possibly this episode) viewers will get burnt out and tune out. We are at 7 episodes, past the half-way point, and we are still introducing new mysteries without providing answers. I'm invested for the season, but I'll need some answers and plot movement to keep going to next year. (I thought they already announced the second season.)
Old 02-16-14, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Well, that did almost nothing to advance the plot. We introduced more new characters, established a one-way emotional connection between Hatake and Julia, and brought everybody back to the base.

Questions answered: 0

We saw it with the X-Files and Lost (and who knows how many others): you cannot continue to add mystery on top of mystery without providing any answers. Eventually (possibly this episode) viewers will get burnt out and tune out. We are at 7 episodes, past the half-way point, and we are still introducing new mysteries without providing answers. I'm invested for the season, but I'll need some answers and plot movement to keep going to next year. (I thought they already announced the second season.)
SyFy does most of these shows with at least a second season already planned, even if they don't "publicly" announce that from the beginning. It makes sense from a cost perspective for them. I imagine the show will get renewed but heavily retooled in its second season. Haven probably should have been canceled after one season, but SyFy blew up that show and retooled it. It eventually became their best-running series.
Old 02-17-14, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm okay with B-Movie level quality and acting as long as their is plot progression. Which this episode had none of. Sigh.