Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Clark Gregg thinks you're a loser if you stopped watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Clark Gregg thinks you're a loser if you stopped watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

From http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/enterta...gregg.html.csp :

When asked about the slide in ratings, Gregg responded:

Those aren’t geeks. Those are losers. You start to have people like Deathlok showing up; You start to understand that a bunch of these different episodes were connected. A lot of the geeks that I respect most...are very excited about where we’re going. So I’m going to choose to work for them.
To be fair, he did backpedal after that:

I guess I don’t mean to say that people who have been frustrated by that discovery period are necessarily losers. I just think they should be, perhaps, a little more patient.
FWIW, I didn't stop watching because there weren't marquee superheroes or because there wasn't an obvious season arc at first; I stopped 'cause those first couple episodes were pretty lousy. It sounds like it's found its footing somewhat since then, so I'm sure I'll give the show another look when it comes out on Blu-ray.
Old 02-01-14, 04:20 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Re: Clark Gregg thinks you're a loser if you stopped watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ya here that DVDTalk TV Forum?! You're all a bunch of losers!
Old 02-01-14, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Clark Gregg thinks you're a loser if you stopped watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

So a bunch of horribly written and acted episodes were actually connected!?!?!?!?!?!? OMG THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!
Old 02-01-14, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I get being upset but that's kind of dickish, I'd be surprised if Marvel/Disney doesn't get on his case a bit for lashing out like that. Plus they had to know that the series was going to drop off, I mean it's fine for what it is but it's nothing groundbreaking and is just another creature of the week show with a comic theme.
Old 02-01-14, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Just caught up a few hours ago, actually!

I think it's a good show. The only downside is that it'll never have a $100M and 2 years to shoot each episode.
Old 02-01-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Still watching. Not a loser
Old 02-01-14, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts

I happen to more or less agree with him. Lots of complaints that the Avengers weren't around and that the story wasn't going anywhere. To me there was a lot of potential for growth and some interesting groundwork laid in those first few episodes. It continues to be a highlight of the week for me.
Old 02-01-14, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't mean to drop off, but frankly this might fucking change my thoughts of catching up for season 2 (which I am sure will happen). The asshole from State & Main is calling me out? Fuck that.
Old 02-01-14, 05:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

It's a shitty show. I like him as an actor, but this show is just not that great.
Old 02-01-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

I decided it wasn't moving quick enough for me to keep up on a week to week basis. I dropped off fully expecting to come back when I could binge watch on BluRay or streaming. If this is what they think of their audience, then I am with Jimmy James -- I won't make a point of coming back.

I didn't leave because of the lack of superheroes. I appreciated the fact that they were going in a "real world aftermath" direction. I just didn't think they were doing a good job of moving the story along. I didn't leave after one or two "feeling the path" episodes; I hung around for 8 episodes and then lost interest. By the time you are 75% of the way through your season you are no longer in a "discovery period" and should be accomplishing something. Patience buys you three or four episodes (I even suffered through the dreck called Chozen for that long). I gave you eight. Yeah, I'm a loser.
Old 02-01-14, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, who is Clark Gregg?

I like the show. It's in a non-conflicted timeslot and good action (A-Team-ish).
Old 02-01-14, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Clark Gregg is a loser for sticking with such a shitty show.
Old 02-01-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Forgive my ignorance, who is Clark Gregg?

I like the show. It's in a non-conflicted timeslot and good action (A-Team-ish).
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Clark Gregg is a loser for sticking with such a shitty show.

Clark Gregg is Agent Coulson. He also played an asshole in one of my favorite movies for rewatching (State & Main).
Old 02-01-14, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

That's perfect...it's what I've always said about shows now --- without opening credits, I have no idea who these actors/actresses are (I couldn't name any of them besides Ming Na -- because I've seen her name -- on ER).
Old 02-01-14, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

His comments don't bother me. The fact that there aren't superheroes, superhumans, or the Avengers doesn't bother me. The fact that Agents of Shield is a colossal piece of shit doesn't bother me.

With so much better television entertainment out there -- highbrow fare and guilty pleasures alike -- this show simply doesn't exist for me.
Old 02-01-14, 06:02 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

While I didn't really care about the day-to-day office shenangians of SHIELD I could have been made to care. My biggest problem with the pilot is that ALL the characters were exactly the same: non-stop quip machines. It got tiresome very quickly.
Old 02-01-14, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 722 Likes on 589 Posts

The show looked stupid so why would anybody watch a single episode?

Also it is out of place on ABC the network for people with no testicles.
Old 02-01-14, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dex14
Ya here that DVDTalk TV Forum?! You're all a bunch of losers!
Well, yeah, I already knew I was a loser .
Old 02-01-14, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

What a douche. When the CW can make a superior show with less money the problem lies with the people making the show not the audience.
Old 02-01-14, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Eh. I stopped watching the show because I didn't like any character besides Coulson. Well, I guess Ming Na was OK too. But the rest of them just came across as annoying. It almost felt like one of those 80's cartoon spin offs were they take a popular character from a movie and team him with a bunch of annoying kids in a cartoon. I could see it now: "Marvel Presents: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D starring Agent Coulson and the Wonder Kids!"
Old 02-01-14, 07:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I'm biased of course, but I think it's a decent show. Not enough to make me keep cable, but I'll probably binge watch it all someday.
Old 02-01-14, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
The show looked stupid so why would anybody watch a single episode?

Also it is out of place on ABC the network for people with no testicles.
Hey, hey, back up! Are you suggesting that a channel owned by Disney might actually have commercial concerns prioritized over artistic validity?!
Old 02-01-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I like the show. It's not perfect but getting better. But it seems that they face a battle because so many people here and other places have this encyclopedic knowledge of all the comics and if it deviates at all from that, or doesn't have the big name super heros making cameos every week than in their mind it sucks.
Old 02-01-14, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I like the show. It's not perfect but getting better. But it seems that they face a battle because so many people here and other places have this encyclopedic knowledge of all the comics and if it deviates at all from that, or doesn't have the big name super heros making cameos every week than in their mind it sucks.
So we're fanboys because we don't agree with you?
Old 02-01-14, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least I'm in good company...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YgSPaXgAdzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.